IGNORED

Watches

Jeepthrills
Note: This thread is 5842 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I like watches but they are going the way of the horse and buggy and roll film with the time on cell phones.

I wouldn't say that. For those of us who like and enjoy watches we'll continue to buy them as we can see beyond the functional use.

You find the same thing with 12" vinyl and classic cars...

In the Matrix XTT Standbag:

Driver: Biggest Big Bertha 11*
Fairway Wood: Steelhead Plus 3 Wood
Irons: T-Zoid Titanium Insert irons 3-SWWedge: Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.04Putter: Pro Platinum Laguna 34" w/ British Open '04 headcoverBall: ProV1 Rule35 Playing again after a three year hiatus...

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't say that. For those of us who like and enjoy watches we'll continue to buy them as we can see beyond the functional use.

That and the fact that I would hate to have to reach into my pocket to check the time. I will always wear a watch.

Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

I like watches but they are going the way of the horse and buggy and roll film with the time on cell phones.

I'm gonna have to disagree with you there. These watches have more meaning than to keep time.

I'm in school at a Rolex facility being trained to make and repair these classic and modern time pieces. These kinds of watches are designed to last generations to generations granted you take care of them.

- Tour Issue Taylormade R7 Superquad TP Matrix Ozik Xcon 5 X-stiff
- Nike Dymo 3 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff
- Nike Dymo 5 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff- Nike Blades 3-PW S300- Nike SV Tour 50* 54* 58* S400- Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Beach- Nike Tour D

Are you kidding me? Its not always about telling time, it is an absolute necessity of an accesory to any business man. It tells as much about a person as the suit they wear. Watches will always be around like diamond rings and other pieces of art and jewelry. Digital watches did not take over when they came out either. Why would a cell phone. Me, I wear a TIffany Grand Marquis. In my price range without getting ridiculous like some of the others out there.

Digital watches did not take over when they came out either.

No, but calculator watches are the wave of the future. I predict everyone will have one in the next few years.

Exodus bag
R7 Dual Driver, R7 3w
CGB Rescue 3
CGB max 4-PW
CG11 Black Pearl 52* Vokey Spin Milled 56/14 CG11 Black Pearl 60* Black Series 1

I've got a sweet Tag Heuer 200 Series - bought as a gift once finishing grad school many years ago. MSRP: $1,100, but I got it for about half that. Lotta coin, but it's still the only watch I wear after 13 years. Plus, it was the last gift I ever bought for myself as I got married one month later.

I also really like Phillpe Patek, Vacheron Constantin, Baume & Mercier, and Blancpain, but they are way outta the old price range.

I've got a Guess Waterpro Steel that my wife got me when we were still dating...damn, that has to be about 8 years ago now. The watch has been great and I feel a bit naked when I'm not wearing it. They must use some good glass on these things because mine has been through a ton and there is not a scratch on it.

Not as fancy as some of those more expensive watches I'm sure, but I really like it and will probably have it for many more years to come.

In my Datrek Rage bag:
Driver: Sumo 5000 w/ Aldila VS Proto Stiff
4-Wood: SasQuatch 2 w/ Diamana Stiff
Irons: AP2 4-PW w/ PX 6.0
Wedges: Zodia US Spec 52*, Yururi Gekku 57*, 588 DSG RTG+Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style 3.5 or Odyssey White Hot Tour #1Ball: ProV1 or whatever I find!

They must use some good glass on these things because mine has been through a ton and there is not a scratch on it.

Or just scratch resistant sapphire crystal

Does the reflection have a blue tint to it?

In the Matrix XTT Standbag:

Driver: Biggest Big Bertha 11*
Fairway Wood: Steelhead Plus 3 Wood
Irons: T-Zoid Titanium Insert irons 3-SWWedge: Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.04Putter: Pro Platinum Laguna 34" w/ British Open '04 headcoverBall: ProV1 Rule35 Playing again after a three year hiatus...

I love watches. I have a sexy all black Diesel that is my number 1 watch. I also have a Relic with a Blue face fading to SIlver in the middle, and a Fossil that has a Grey and Black Face. I'd love to get a watch like a Seiko Kinetic....I also prefer a mid-sized to slightly smaller face as 'm not all that big.

Driver- Nike Sasquatch 10.5/Aldila VS Proto ByYou
5 wood- Taylormade CGB Max Clone
3-PW- Nike Pro Combo Tour Clones
3 Hybrid (2i replacement)-Ben Hogan Edge CFT
Wedge- Vokey 56 degree Oil Can ClonePutter- Guerin Rife 2-Bar CloneBag- Cougar Hydro III Carry Bag

• 3 weeks later...
Am I the only one who just straight up doesn't like the look of rolexes? They just don't appeal to me at all.

Haven't been wearing a watch lately since mine stopped working but I'm looking at getting a tag aquaracer soon or maybe their golf watch.

Am I the only one who just straight up doesn't like the look of rolexes? They just don't appeal to me at all.

No, im sure there are many who feel the way you do. I just always liked them as a kid and once I could finally afford one, I bought one. I still find myself looking at it every couple of minutes and smiling.

Exodus bag
R7 Dual Driver, R7 3w
CGB Rescue 3
CGB max 4-PW
CG11 Black Pearl 52* Vokey Spin Milled 56/14 CG11 Black Pearl 60* Black Series 1

I'm working on a custom watch with a Rolex movement as the guts. The movement is the caliber 1575 and I'll be adding in my custom work. I'm making a custom clear case back so you can see the gears and the balance spring, etc.

Oh, I'm a watchmaking student at a school funded by Rolex. :]

- Tour Issue Taylormade R7 Superquad TP Matrix Ozik Xcon 5 X-stiff
- Nike Dymo 3 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff
- Nike Dymo 5 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff- Nike Blades 3-PW S300- Nike SV Tour 50* 54* 58* S400- Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Beach- Nike Tour D

I'm working on a custom watch with a Rolex movement as the guts. The movement is the caliber 1575 and I'll be adding in my custom work. I'm making a custom clear case back so you can see the gears and the balance spring, etc.

Cool post some pics of the progression. Do they let you keep the watch when your done?

Exodus bag
R7 Dual Driver, R7 3w
CGB Rescue 3
CGB max 4-PW

Am I the only one who just straight up doesn't like the look of rolexes? .

NO you are not. I think that they look ostentatious and crass.

I think that they are such an obvious status symbol - a bit like Lous Vuitton luggage - you also assume they're fake. I am sure there are some that ae OK, but they would be older, slimmer ones. Those ones that JOA posted are beuatiful - understated and very stylish. I have a Seiko Sportura for everyday wear and a Raymond Weil which needs a new battery. I think those large Breitlings are hideous but I do like the Omega Speedmaster. Not expecting to make any friends with this post - just my personal opinions!

NO you are not. I think that they look ostentatious and crass.

Funny thing about the luggage. We had a friend who worked for Delta, he would tell us how they would have contests to see how far they could throw designer luggage. I think it would be closer to compare a nice watch to a nice purse. Unless you travel a lot, luggage usually sits in a closet most of the time, so spending a ton of money doesnt make sense. But a purse or watch, you wear everyday.

As for being fake, that shouldnt steer you away from purchasing anything, when I was a kid you could buy fake Oakleys on every street corner, but I still rocked them.
a Raymond Weil which needs a new battery.

Thats the nice part of a Rolex, you dont have to change a battery, just wear it.

Exodus bag
R7 Dual Driver, R7 3w
CGB Rescue 3
CGB max 4-PW

Note: This thread is 5842 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!