IGNORED

Johnny Miller---Stupid US Open Quotes!

g-funk13
Note: This thread is 4225 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It's stupid if you all are going to sit here and nitpick at everything Hicks, Miller, or any other announcer says. It's just flat out dumb. Miller is a pretty good announcer, Hicks is alright, not great, but not terrible like Chris Berman.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

I think it was cold when Miller said something along the lines of Rocco looking like he cleans Tiger's pool. Cmon now..I know he didnt mean much by it, but don't dis the guy because of his appearance...
Sticks
driver- X460 tour 9.5 Aldila NVS 75
irons- X-forged 3-PW TT BlackGold stiff
wedges- x-tour vintage 52, 56, 60
hybrid- FT-hybrid #2 17* putter- Sophia 33" "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."_Mario Andretti

• Administrator
I think it was cold when Miller said something along the lines of Rocco looking like he cleans Tiger's pool. Cmon now..I know he didnt mean much by it, but don't dis the guy because of his appearance...

Sergio wore all yellow in the British Open. Remember that? And you expect us NOT to make fun of that? C'mon now, you're not livin' in reality baby!

To all: look at it this way. Johnny meant it as a compliment. It helped establish the "David vs. Goliath" stuff. "Look at this guy, he's nobody, and he might just beat Tiger Woods."

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think you all are forgetting how bad Dan Hicks is. I'm sure Hicks is a stand-up guy, but he makes some really, really silly comments at times. Just listen to him today, you'll see what I mean. On that note, Jim Nantz is the best in the business by far, even if he is sometimes more than a bit syrupy.

I agree.

Hicks is not very good. They may have gotten him out of the 5:00 a.m. news at KNBC. Thanks for noticing Nantz. Syrupy, unfortunately, seems to be in the anchor's job description. Those sponsors want something for their money. Augusta, IMHO, just plain demands that the anchor treats the tournament like the election of a new pope.* *(uncapitalized by choice).

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

Rocco is Rocco and he knows he's not pretty.

This match-up is going to invite extreme analogies. It's a once in a lifetime: 18 rounds of heavyweight golfing between the champ and a guy out of a Pittsburgh gym. Rocco is pretty humble about it and he's been around enough to take it. Oh, Rocco's outfit yesterday was the hands down winner.

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

I know its not exactly a quote but when Johnny circled Tiger's left knee on the screen and said, "here is his left knee" I just about died laughing. Stupid me, I always thought it was the other knee, thank you Johnny.

I spewed Diet Coke all over my living room when he dropped that gem. Thanks Captain Obvious!!

Forget your opponents; always play against par. - Sam Snead

Driver: R580 9.5 deg
3-Wood: 15.0 deg (holdover from my starter set)
5-Wood: 18.0 deg (holdover from my starter set)Irons: TA-5 3-PWWedge: CG-12 56 degPutter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

To all: look at it this way. Johnny meant it as a compliment. It helped establish the "David vs. Goliath" stuff. "Look at this guy, he's nobody, and he might just beat Tiger Woods."

Okay I could see that...now that I think about it, Rocco probably would agree with Miller.

Sticks
driver- X460 tour 9.5 Aldila NVS 75
irons- X-forged 3-PW TT BlackGold stiff
wedges- x-tour vintage 52, 56, 60
hybrid- FT-hybrid #2 17* putter- Sophia 33" "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."_Mario Andretti

To hell with the quotes, I CAN'T STAND THAT CREW!

What's his lie like, Gary ?
Weeell, Johnny , it's not too bad, but the wind is picking up, right, Mark Rolfing ?
Absolutely, and it's right back into the players' face, Dan .
Yes, and Dottie , is it starting to rain a little?
It is, Dan , but, Johnny , I don't think that will bother them.

NON-F**KING-STOP! I feel like I'm interrupting their little party by having the TV on.

Nothing in the swing is done at the expense of balance.

To hell with the quotes, I CAN'T STAND THAT CREW!

I love my new AT&T; TV and DVR.

I watched all of the playoff but not until 20 minutes after it started - I paused it. I didn't have to listen to any of it - FF through every time filler. BTW: Once Tiger pulls a club, you can skip 90 seconds before he hits or putts the ball. You can't skip anything when Rocco has a club in his hand.

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:

This is probably true (and it's the way I was generously interpreting it also), but he sure didn't say it very well did he? And from what I read he didn't explain it well later either (but maybe I missed a better statement).

If Miller wants to make a David v. Goliath point (not exactly blindingly original, but that's OK - he's gotta keep the time occupied), he could have done a lot better than that. Miller just comes across as a bit jarring occasionally, but on the other hand he does have some very original and interesting things to say much of the time. It's like golf. Even the pros get a double bogey sometimes (not to mention a quadruple bogey, on a familiar course even .....). Maybe I'm being too hard on the guy ...... (other thread)

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

*A Hitler (two shots in the bunker)

These are great. I'm going to use these on my next round.

Yeah, a lot of pressure. Rise above it. Harness in the good energy, block out the bad. Harness energy, block bad.
Feel the flow, Happy. It's circular. It's Like a carousel. You get on the horse. It goes up, down and around. Circular. Circle. With the music,the flow. All good things.I...

These are great. I'm going to use these on my next round.

I did get to use the Hitler on a friend last Sunday. He thought it was funny.

Oh, he won all the money. Maybe that's why he didn't really care on #17.

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:

It's time to celebrate the ridiculous: Post the stupid things Johnny and the rest say! I'll kick it off:

Watching the US Open I kept asking myself "does Miller actually make this stuff up as he goes or does he really believe this crap?"

3JACK

I did get to use the Hitler on a friend last Sunday. He thought it was funny.

I didn't fully realize it at the time, but it was a Hitler somewhere on the back nine that put the kybers on an otherwise decent round last Saturday. That and an OOB.

I think that Miller was being a bit facetious when he put the circle around Tiger's left knee. I thought it was funny, and I have to assume that he did too. Sort of thing that I might have done, in jest.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

• 4 years later...
Note: This thread is 4225 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!