IGNORED

Mixing up your clubs with different brands

JYB
Note: This thread is 3034 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

i think there is nothing wrong with mixing brands. Right now I'm using Titleist and Callaway... but maybe when I lower my handicap will use Nike blades or I don't know so I think you should stick with what works for you.

Regards!

Driver: 905R 9.5° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Fairway: 906F2 15° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Hybrid: 585.H 21° (S300) | Irons: AP2 4-PW (Project X 6.0) | Wedges: Vokey Design 52.08, 56.11 & 60.11  | Putter: Studio Select Newport 2 

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

Would be nice to be able to stick to one brand so everything matches esthetically, but unfortunately, I haven't found that one brand yet! I have Callaway, TM, Titleist... etc. I think if I had to stick with ONE brand, it would probably by Callaway or Titeist.

Driver: Big Bertha 460 10*
Fairway: X Tour 3W 15* w/ Fujikura TP 26.3g
Hybrids: Fusion FT-Hybrid 3H 20*
Irons: MP-32 3i-PW
Wedges: Vokey 52.08 | SM56.14 | SM60.04Putter: Red X 33"Ball: Pro V1xShoes: Air Zoom Elite

The brand of golf club issue is such a weird thing. I have to admit that I wish, just a little bit, that Mizuno would make a 3-wood or a hybrid that I actually liked, but I don't think any company has developed - or that any company ever will, honestly - a 3 wood better than the old V-Steel. So that stays, even though I'm not really a big TaylorMade fan. I think it's sort of the mark of a player when the clubs trend toward one company, but there are some holdovers that the player obviously likes. It adds personality.

Tangent : Anyone else tend to not care too much what brand their clubs are, but to care a lot about the brand incongruity of their bag? For me this goes back to tennis, where I was a Wilson guy for like 12 years and then a Head guy and the bag damn well had to match the sticks. But in golf I have a Titleist x86 bag and while I do tend to use Titleist balls (when I'm not using Bridgestone), there isn't one Titleist club in my bag. It just feels silly carrying the bag around when I'm actually a big Mizuno fan.
In the bag 8/12/09:
R9 w/ 63g S Fubuki | 909F2 13.5º | 909H 19º | MP-67 w/ Project X 5.5, 3-PW | Spin Milled 52â¢04, 56â¢08, 60â¢04 | BC1, 35" | Tour One | uPro

Hcp: 5.9
Trend: 5.2

Tangent

I've thought about the same thing, which is why my next bag will be an Ogio or Sun Mountain or one of the other bag brands.

Driver: Big Bertha 460 10*
Fairway: X Tour 3W 15* w/ Fujikura TP 26.3g
Hybrids: Fusion FT-Hybrid 3H 20*
Irons: MP-32 3i-PW
Wedges: Vokey 52.08 | SM56.14 | SM60.04Putter: Red X 33"Ball: Pro V1xShoes: Air Zoom Elite

Golf is 100% about results, it doesn't really matter how the ball gets in the hole, just that is does with the fewest strokes.

The ball doesn't know, nor does it care what you hit it with.

Use what works best for you, heck no company is making clubs to fit me perfectly and so I might as well go out and use whatever equipment works best. Weather my $200 goes to TM, Ping, Callaway or whoever, the money is still gone, might as well be on something that works.

Titleist, Nike and Cobra are what I use. I really like Titleist and Nike and but I seem to work well with Cobra irons/wedges. Those 3 are solid brands.

In my bag:
Driver: 907D1 10.5*, Aldila Spec-Grid S67 reg
Woods: Looking for a wood. Titleist 906F4 or Nike CPR.
Utility: CPR 2-3 hybrids, 22*-26*Irons: 755 Forged 4-PW, Tri-Spec Steel RegWedges: Vokey 200 series 56.10 SW, 60.04 LWPutter: Tracy 33"Ball: DT CarryI mark my Titleist by...

Im not looking to match everything at the moment mostly because I dont think there is any 1 company that has makes every club better than the other. There are definitely companys who make certain clubs better than others though. So a mixed bag makes sense if you buy your gear from that perspective,
In The Bag

Sumo 13* w/aldila NVS stiff
BB 2004 3wood
Boxer 3,4&5 Hybrids A3 6-Pw CG11 52* & 56* 2 Ball Srt 33"Ball Nxt Extreme

I've been really wanting to actually mix up my clubs instead of having all one brand. I'm not sponsored why do i need to stick to one brand?

In my Extreme Sport Stand Bag
Driver: 4DX D-Spec Driver 10.5* Stiff UST SR3
3W: F-60 15* Regular Fujikura E150 Fit-On
Hybrids: 4DX Ironwoods 20* 23* Regular UST SR3
Irons: 4DX CB 5-PW Stiff True Temper ST-90Wedges: Vokey 50* 56*Putter: SabertoothBall: DT Roll

I've always thought Nike and Titleist were in a league of their own for clubs, with Cleveland, Cobra, Taylormade, Calloway and some others on the second tier.

But I just picked up a (really really cheap, on clearance) Dunlop 64 degree to try. So essentially I could have a different brand for each style of clubs other than my Cobra woods and irons. Oh well.

I'd like to have just Nike, Titleist and either Yes! or SC in my bag - but for now I'm going with what works. And if that never changes, my clubs won't either.

In my bag:
Driver: 907D1 10.5*, Aldila Spec-Grid S67 reg
Woods: Looking for a wood. Titleist 906F4 or Nike CPR.
Utility: CPR 2-3 hybrids, 22*-26*Irons: 755 Forged 4-PW, Tri-Spec Steel RegWedges: Vokey 200 series 56.10 SW, 60.04 LWPutter: Tracy 33"Ball: DT CarryI mark my Titleist by...

Price and performance are the best argument for my clubs in my bag so I won't be getting any uniformity in my bag. If I had the money and wanted uniformity then I'd go with Titleist.

« Keith »

I have zero uniformity with my bag. I use what I think is the best for me. If you notice, I replaced my 3 and 4 irons with my old set, Taylormade RAC LT. I hit these much higher and a tad longer than I did with my Mizuno 3 & 4.

Right now I am happy with my clubs and wont be changing anything for awhile.

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

I mixed and matched a set in my bag:

Previous:
Titleist 905R
Titleist 904
Titleist 503H
Titleist 735CM
Titleist Vokey Wedges
Scotty Cameron

Handicap - 10

Now:
TM r7 425TP
Titleist 904
Sonartec MD
Adams Idea Pro
Macgregor MT Pro M
Vokey Wedges
Scotty

handicap - 6.2

Go figure.... one year's difference

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

I play Mizuno, Taylor Made, Cleveland and Scotty Cameron. what wrong with what works for your game?

If I had to go with one company I would go with Mizuno and their golf balls are only found in Japan.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

my signature..... im all for titleist the only thing not titleist is the driver that i NEVER use

In My: Black Titleist sc75 Bag
Driver:  G20 10*

Irons: Soon To Be Titleist 712 CB/MB Combos 
Wedge: 60* Spin Milled Oilcan

Putter: Circa 62 Model 1Putter #2 Vintage Pal

Ball:  E6

I dont know why anyone would want to use just one brand. Find a club a works and stick with it.

and if that one brand works fine then what?

use it? what i ment was that sometimes it seems like that people try to match all of their equipment around a particular brand for the sake of matching them. NOt because of performance

hey to each they're own man.....i know visually a club that "looks and matches" to me makes me more confident.....but like i said above

anyways back to topic

Note: This thread is 3034 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!