IGNORED

Played front nine of Torrey yesterday.

Note: This thread is 5794 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Wow, where do I start!

Well first off, I guess they only let residents go on the course after 5:00 so me and my dad were lucky enough to get out there and play the front nine, and surprisingly there weren't many people on the course at all.

The course itself, was beautiful to say the least. I've played it numerous times but this is by far the best conditions i've seen. The fairways were immculate to say the least. Every lie was like hitting off a range mat. The greens were a little bumpy, but still rolled just as true as any nice greens i've played on. They were quick as well.

Now for the rough. The first and second cuts aren't too bad. The deep cuts are where it gets ugly. I hit a couple wayward tee shots, and hitting out of that rough was a crapshoot. The ball flight was completely unpredictable out of that stuff. The grass(kikuyu?) was very dense and it took a hard an steep swing just to get the ball to go a short distance.

I played okay. Lost two balls to the thick rough. Pretty much if you lost sight of your ball into the rough, then your only hope of finding it was to step on it. Ended up with a 44 on the front nine with pars on 3(from the tips just for fun), 7, and 8.

Ill probably go out there again today and play again. Overrall, it was awesome.\

P.S.- Massive respect to the pros for playing that course around par.
Sticks
driver- X460 tour 9.5 Aldila NVS 75
irons- X-forged 3-PW TT BlackGold stiff
wedges- x-tour vintage 52, 56, 60
hybrid- FT-hybrid #2 17* putter- Sophia 33" "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."_Mario Andretti

What tees did you play from?
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

The blues. Not the tips, but they were close enough.

Sticks
hybrid- FT-hybrid #2 17* putter- Sophia 33" "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."_Mario Andretti

I have always wondered what how the ball reacted on fairway and greens turf as emmacultate as they would have had to been for a major championship. How did the club feel hitting from that kind of turf? Did you get more roll on the fairways? Did the greens tend to reflect the spin you put on the ball better?
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Man your so lucky, to play a course that pro's have played. The closest I have is probably Glen Abbey, and that is like.... 12 hours away?

We have dick all here. I mean im grateful we have nice courses, but to play a course pro's have played, is a once in a lifetime experience for me.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

DavidFehertysBike,
The club felt great hitting off of the fairways, you couldn't ask for a more perfect lie and hitting off of them was superb. They weren't too firm, so it was a nice feeling when taking a divot, and they definitely got some good roll because they were cut low. The greens reflected the spin really well. They were just soft enough to make the ball check up or maybe suck back a few inches, which I would usually expect from my ball flight.

Dent, IM just glad the course is public so I can play on it. Is Glen Abbey private?
Sticks

DavidFehertysBike,

It's public, but its in Ontario, about a 5 hr drive from here. I'll probably never get to play there.

In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

You mean they still have not opened the whole course back up yet?Wow in 02 the black was open to the public on the following Tuesday and I got on it on Thursday.Well I quess you californians are more laid back than us NYers

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

You mean they still have not opened the whole course back up yet?Wow in 02 the black was open to the public on the following Tuesday and I got on it on Thursday.Well I quess you californians are more laid back than us NYers

No, its fully open, its just that unless you have a tee time, you cant get on the course before five because its booked up, so teeing off at 530 only gave us time to play nine...

Sticks

That's awesome X-Forged... glad you enjoyed it. Maybe one day if I'm out on the west coast I'll play it, but for now I'm stuck in Connecticut.

in the bag

Driver: 909D2 9.5° Oban Devotion Shaft

3 Wood: G10 15.5°
Hybrid: 3dx RC 20° Ironwood 

4-PW: MP-57's S300

Wedges: 51° MP-T Black Nickel 56° Vokey Spin Milled 

Putter: Tracy II 35" Iomic Grip 

Ball: Pro V1x

Note: This thread is 5794 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!