IGNORED

Nike MaxSight Contact Lenses

iacas
Note: This thread is 6605 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Are you interested in Nike MaxSight contacts?

• Yes
    • No

• Administrator

I'm curious whether the

Nike MaxSight stuff works as described. They seem to :
Golfer Jerry Smith was one of the first patients in Denver to be fitted for the new sports lenses. He said he wanted to be able to see the greens of the golf course more clearly when he plays. Smith said the lenses allow him to follow the ball better after he hits it. He also said that they have helped with his putting game. "You can see the breaks, the contours, and you can see which way the green's sloping, and I think it could really help the putting," Smith said. "Fifteen yards from the green, I normally couldn't see the contours, but (with the lenses) they just pop out."

I wear glasses anyway, and I haven't found any prescription sunglasses that do a very good job.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My current prescription has just expired so I set an appointment to renew it and get these contacts. I am very interested to how these will work and am really looking forward to trying them

• Administrator
My current prescription has just expired so I set an appointment to renew it and get these contacts. I am very interested to how these will work and am really looking forward to trying them

Great! You'll be able to write something up about them for the site then.

I'll look into getting some in March.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Yes, I'm definitely interested in getting a pair. i should wear glasses when i play as I can hardly see the ball outside of an 8-iron, but have never been able to get used to the look of the ball (at address), when wearing glasses.

these nike contacts have really sparked my interest though.

Josh Premuda
www.thesandtrap.com

Driver Titleist 905T 8.5 degrees
Ping I2 3-wood 14 degreesTitleist 503.H hybrid 22 degreesTitleist DCI 962 3-9 6.5 Rifle shaftTitleist Vokey Oil Can wedges 48, 58 degreesScratch Golf 3x Black Wedge 54 degreesBig Oak Putter, T'ville 34"

• 2 weeks later...
I'd be interested in checking these out. I have an appointment for my yearly eye exam in January, and I'll ask my optometrist about the MaxSights.

My only concern is how they would perform in changing light conditions. If you're wearing sunglasses and it gets cloudy or dark, you can take your shades off. I don't want to be futzing around with changing my contacts during a round.

in the bag today:
Driver: TaylorMade R9 10.5° (Fujikura Motore 65 stiff)
3-wood: Tour Edge Exotics XCG (Aldila DVS Fairway 75 stiff)
hybrid: Sonartec Md 21° (UST Proforce V2 Hybrid 85 stiff)
4-PW: Titleist 755 (Titleist TriSpec Regular)Wedges: Titleist Vokey Design 252.08 bent to 50.5° (Oil...

i just realized that my company will pay for yearly eyewear...i think i just might get them to foot the bill for these.

Josh Premuda
www.thesandtrap.com

Driver Titleist 905T 8.5 degrees
Ping I2 3-wood 14 degreesTitleist 503.H hybrid 22 degreesTitleist DCI 962 3-9 6.5 Rifle shaftTitleist Vokey Oil Can wedges 48, 58 degreesScratch Golf 3x Black Wedge 54 degreesBig Oak Putter, T'ville 34"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
My only concern is how they would perform in changing light conditions. If you're wearing sunglasses and it gets cloudy or dark, you can take your shades off. I don't want to be futzing around with changing my contacts during a round.

I agree. I wear contacts for normal vision and sunglasses while outside. I was very interested when I saw an advertisment for these however what happens when it gets cloudy? I tried to find info on the Nike site but I couldn't find anything about whether they can be worn indoors, or in cloudy conditions.

Northeastern University Golf Team

In Play:
Driver - Titleist 905R 9.5*/Aldila NV 75sFairway Wood - Titleist 904f 14.5*Dynamic Gold S300Hybrid - Cleveland Halo 2Iron(19*)Irons - Titleist 735cm(stainless)/Dynamic Gold S300 (Bent +0.5 degrees upright, +1.0 degrees strong) Wedges - Callaway...

I agree. I wear contacts for normal vision and sunglasses while outside. I was very interested when I saw an advertisment for these however what happens when it gets cloudy? I tried to find info on the Nike site but I couldn't find anything about whether they can be worn indoors, or in cloudy conditions.

I think they intend you to wear them mainly for your athletic activity of choice. The grey-green "golf" lenses are intended for bright sun activities. It seems like the amber would be helpful, too, and in lower light conditions.

They are a cobranded product. There's a faq about them on the Bausch and Laum site: http://www.bausch.com/us/vision/prod...xsight_faq.jsp

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
--Groucho Marx

• 4 weeks later...
I just got mine in (they were on back order for a while) so far I've played a few rounds in them and I've got mixed feelings about them.

+ The vision and color really enhances the ball and greens

+ Very nice not having sunglasses to bother with

- They are only too be used on the course. NEVER drive with them on because it blocks red tones. Which means you are changing contacts before and after your round. I've worn contacts for years so that's not a huge issue, just another step needed before and after a round.

- If it's a little overcast or you play early in the morning you may notice a little problem in low light conditions.

Full review to come later

• 3 weeks later...
i don't mind getting a pair of it...spec can be irritating when you are losing... :D
Handicap Index: 16.4
Driver: Taylormade Burner 9.5 Degree
Wood: Nike Sasquatch 2 , Honshin Wood
Hybrid: Taylormade Rescue Dual 22 Degree
Iron: Macgregor Mactech M685 (4-PW)Wedge: Honshin Professional Wedge 56 Degree , Adam Golf Tom Watson 2007 Wedge 60 DegreePutter: Honshin PutterBall: Taylormade TP/Red

Note: This thread is 6605 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!