IGNORED

Up and Down day

-Mini-
Note: This thread is 5789 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Today, I planned to be a day to go golfing solo - to really work on my game (Its a 9 hole course, par 3). I get there and they tell me I will be with 2 other people, though he hasn't seen either yet. I go hit a few driving range balls to warm up, stretch than go into the club house. He tells me to go out as I am after the group already out there and the other two people still haven't showed up. It was fairly busy that day, but glad I got to go alone in hopes of really working on my game.

I start playing, first shot I pull out my 8 iron, and I lost concentration right as I was coming down (kids camp decided it would be a good time to do some yelling)... Anyways the shot went low right above the grass but made it to the far side of the green still. Wasn't to horrible for a bad shot. I chip the ball within 4 feet of the hole, grab my putter and realize the green is pretty wet, so I hit the ball firmly and it still comes up short, nonetheless I settle for what I got.

The next hole wasn't to bad, I was still alone the group in front was finishing up putting and the group behind me was just starting. I wait a couple minutes, hit off with my hybrid no complaint, get to the green in two - and I couldn't sink the putt ended up with a 5.

3rd hole has a huge water hazard from infront of the tee to the green, about 140 of the 160 yard hole was water, first shot with my hybrid, ended short in water. Re-did that shot, sliced it and put it to the right of the green.

The pace of play was extremely tedious - was spending more time waiting than actually playing. Normally I would work around the holes, but the group behind me was also always waiting and marshall was some what following me telling me to only play one ball or I would have to leave. He did nothing to speed up play though.

Holes went pretty bad till the 5th where I got a nice tee shot landed it 4 feet from the pin, should of birdied it but misread the green.

6th and 7th was terrible again, 8th I calmed down, put it 14 yards from the pin, pared that hole too. Finally on the 9th I waited 10 minutes before hitting, but I got a bogey on it, after putting it on the green in 1 shot.

Terrible day, I didn't work on anything only got frustrated with the pace of play. Conditions weren't great and I just couldn't hit anything today

In The Bag:
Driver: r7 460 (9.5)
Fairway Woods: r7 CGB Max (3,5)
Hybrid:r7 CGB Max
Irons:AP2Wedges:Vokey Spin Milled Tour Chrome (52/8, 56/14, 60/4)Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Balls:Pro V1x 2009

Sounds like you need to work on your putting...

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I know I need to work on putting its the biggest short fall. I tried going to a few driving ranges recently but only one had a practice putting area, and they haven't put the pins in yet so its just hitting around on the grass. The place I went to today, I found out has a practice green so I'll be spending some time there over the next few days

In The Bag:
Irons:AP2Wedges:Vokey Spin Milled Tour Chrome (52/8, 56/14, 60/4)Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Balls:Pro V1x 2009

I know I need to work on putting its the biggest short fall. I tried going to a few driving ranges recently but only one had a practice putting area, and they haven't put the pins in yet so its just hitting around on the grass. The place I went to today, I found out has a practice green so I'll be spending some time there over the next few days

Sounds like a plan. I hope you didnt take my above post the wrong way. It was just a little constructive criticism. Nothing more, nothing less...

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Sounds like a plan. I hope you didnt take my above post the wrong way. It was just a little constructive criticism. Nothing more, nothing less...

nop - I know my putting isn't the greatest I always try to allow myself 2 putt's and that tends to work good normally... At least on a good day unlike today. Put yeah I lose a lot of strokes from putt's if my tee shots and fairway game is how I normally play

In The Bag:

within the 5 foot range, you should be pretty dead on. Putting is definitely an issue.

Joey R

In the Bag:

905T w/Aldila NV 75x 904F w/Dynamic Gold x100 MP-32 w/Project X 6.5 Vokey 52.08 BeCu 56 MP-R 60 Studio Stainless Newport 2 ProV1, ProV1x, or NXT Tour

Note: This thread is 5789 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!