IGNORED

Should Kenny Perry play in the Open Championship?

BSweet
Note: This thread is 5762 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Should Kenny Perry play in the Open Championship?

• Yes
    • No

Leave Kenny Perry alone...lol. Prediction: many who slam him for not playing the British will praise his performance in the Ryder. He's a big boy, he can do what he wants.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There will be a lot of long faces after tommorrow trudging back to the States licking their wounds thinking that Kenny Perry is one smart fox. Horses for courses, he knows his game and his mind, the decision looks like a good one.

2009 Burner R
FT-I Fusion Squareway 3W 15* Fujikura Speeder Fit-On R
5W R7 R
FT Fusion Hybrids Draw 3/21*, 4/24*
G5 5-PW X-forged Vintage: 52.12, 56.14MDScotty Cameron: Newport 2 ProV1

To me Kenny Perry represents a mindset I despise in pro sports. Although I root for the underdog I respect and admire Tiger Woods more than any athlete in any sport because he is all about competing. He structures his schedule to maximise his game in the majors. He doesn't just want to win, he wants to destroy you. He seeks the toughest competitions and thrives in them. He is constantly retooling his game to stay on top, even though he was set for life before he ever won a PGA tour event. And I respect Phil, Ernie and Vijay, slogging through that horrific first day at the Open getting their asses handed to them while the rain hit them sideways. They are top players. they should be at the Open and they are, for better or for worse. Kenny Perry is not in their league and never will be.

To me Kenny Perry represents a mindset I despise in pro sports. Although I root for the underdog I respect and admire Tiger Woods more than any athlete in any sport because he is all about competing. He structures his schedule to maximise his game in the majors. He doesn't just want to win, he wants to destroy you. He seeks the toughest competitions and thrives in them. He is constantly retooling his game to stay on top, even though he was set for life before he ever won a PGA tour event. And I respect Phil, Ernie and Vijay, slogging through that horrific first day at the Open getting their asses handed to them while the rain hit them sideways. They are top players. they should be at the Open and they are, for better or for worse. Kenny Perry is not in their league and never will be.

I'm not sure anyone in sports is more picky about where and when they play than Tiger. He refuses to defend titles, he breaks commitments like last year in the Fed Ex Cup, he won't even think about playing many courses because they don't suit his game, he doesn't like the greens, he's feeling tired, etc. A lot of golf fans don't get to see Tiger because it is beneath him to play at the tournament in their area.

But Kenny Perry . . . he keeps his commitments, he promised he would play this week and he kept his word, the people of Milwaukee get to see a top golfer, he plays on the courses that the prima donnas spurn, I like this, I'd go see Kenny Perry play. Hope he comes to the ATT, as we know Tiger never will again, the rounds are too long, he doesn't like the Pro-Am, doesn't like the weather, too much crowd interaction and noise. Tiger has the right to turn down for any reason any tournament, so does Kenny Perry.

2009 Burner R
FT-I Fusion Squareway 3W 15* Fujikura Speeder Fit-On R
5W R7 R
FT Fusion Hybrids Draw 3/21*, 4/24*
G5 5-PW X-forged Vintage: 52.12, 56.14MDScotty Cameron: Newport 2 ProV1

I'm not sure anyone in sports is more picky about where and when they play than Tiger. He refuses to defend titles, he breaks commitments like last year in the Fed Ex Cup, he won't even think about playing many courses because they don't suit his game, he doesn't like the greens, he's feeling tired, etc. A lot of golf fans don't get to see Tiger because it is beneath him to play at the tournament in their area.

Tiger skips these events because he'd wreck the field... he wants to beat the best, thats why he competes in the best fields (although his foreign play doesnt always go along with that mindset.... dubai was an amazing win though)

I'm not critizing Perrys right to not play the British, I'm critizing his decision making to play a tournament where he should win because the field is horrible rather than having to play his best and still lose against the best in the world he's ready for the ryder cup but if you want to see someones nerves against the best european talent why would you choose a joke pga event over a major championship, especially the british

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

Note: This thread is 5762 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!