IGNORED

Kaymer vs Kim

losingmyedge
Note: This thread is 5766 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Could this be the great rivalry the golf world is crying out for?

I'd love to see them go head to head.

The Ryder Cup could be the place.
In My Bag:

DriverR7 Superquad, 9.5 Degrees
WoodFT 3 Wood, 15 Degrees
Wood906F 5 Wood, 18 DegreesIronsMX-25 3-9 IronWedgeVokey Tour Chrome 48 Degree WedgeX Forged Vintage Wedge 54 DegreeWedge Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60 Degree PutterUnitized Retro

• Administrator

Not to... whatever, but who cares about a rivalry for anything but first place?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I suppose it'd be something to look for in the future, but its hard to tell if they'll keep it up for the rest of their careers...heck for the rest of this year!

But I will admit I do enjoy watching them both! My father was born in Germany and my mother was born in Korea (I know, I know - AK grew up here, but still ).

:P
In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

It is an exciting prospect, they are both brilliant players.

On a side note if your looking for young british talent to start challenging in the next couple of years search "oliver fisher"

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

It is an exciting prospect, they are both brilliant players.

Another young european prospect - rory mcilroy (spelling?)

In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

Martin Kaymer's mother died of cancer yesterday.

I wish him all the best and hope this doesn't effect his future, and he can use it to spur him on like Rose and Woods have done previously.

I'm sure it will effect him over the remainder of this season though.

I like the look of Fisher, he was unlucky to loose that play-off to Levet but he did blow it on the 72nd hole.
In My Bag:

Wood906F 5 Wood, 18 DegreesIronsMX-25 3-9 IronWedgeVokey Tour Chrome 48 Degree WedgeX Forged Vintage Wedge 54 DegreeWedge Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60 Degree PutterUnitized Retro

Another young european prospect - rory mcilroy (spelling?)

Really disappointing season so far.
In My Bag:

Really disappointing season so far.

promising nonetheless - had a good showing at the irish open

Sad to hear - hope he takes his time to handle his loss and comes back strong. All the best to him and his family.

Regarding Rory McIlroy - a lot of people expected more from him at the beginning of the season but so far he has been quite average. But only time will show how these new talents like Kaymer, Kim, McIlroy will develop over the medium timeframe and give a clearer picture where in the world of golf they can establish themselfs. Look at Immelman - how many predicted a great season for him after the Masters win - didnt happen - like so often in golf, dont get confused by shortterm events. If we could make the same topic next year again then their might be more value and certainity to it than today.

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW
CG10 50° CG12 DSG 54° & 60°

Tbh, how many people hit a 275 yard 3 iron on the 72 tee, he hit a 3 iron to lay up short of the water and just nailed it, and made a really good 5 after dropping from the water, to be honest I wouldn't call that blowing it... pure bad luck (imo).

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

Tbh, how many people hit a 275 yard 3 iron on the 72 tee, he hit a 3 iron to lay up short of the water and just nailed it, and made a really good 5 after dropping from the water, to be honest I wouldn't call that blowing it... pure bad luck (imo).

aye, he nailed it and it caught a gust of wind also. freak incident.

In My Bag:

Sad to hear - hope he takes his time to handle his loss and comes back strong. All the best to him and his family.

Kaymer and Kim have both won twice this season, I can honestly say Immelman does not ever look like he is a 2 win a season (on a regular basis)golfer.

Kaymer and Kim do not live in fear of Woods as much as Immelman and Co.
In My Bag:

Oliver Fisher does look like the proper prospect mentally he is better than alot of the other youngsters and has had to live with alot of expectation after becoming the youngest walker cupper at 16 and the youngest to win his card but has shown a consistant improvement. I think McIlory is showing that improvement after learning to live with it just needs to sore up his putting stroke but he is working on it and had a decent showing at the London Club last weekend.
For Kim he has shown constant belief in himself after I think he left Oak. State to get his card - i think that he will push on to become a world top tenner but more is questionable. The same goes for Kaymer but he does seem to struggle a bit coming in when in the position - BMW and last years French Open

DAAAAMN GINA!

But since we're talking about youngsters, we ought to throw in a few more - Sean O'Hair and Nick Watney to name a couple.

I will enjoy watching that match. I like how they play and their swings. Sorry about the mother of Martin.

Driver: 905R 9.5° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Fairway: 906F2 15° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Hybrid: 585.H 21° (S300) | Irons: AP2 4-PW (Project X 6.0) | Wedges: Vokey Design 52.08, 56.11 & 60.11  | Putter: Studio Select Newport 2 

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

The same goes for Kaymer but he does seem to struggle a bit coming in when in the position - BMW and last years French Open

True - was leading the Scandinavian open at the last hole at that time - par would have been enough on a par3 - and completly butchered it.

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW
CG10 50° CG12 DSG 54° & 60°

Both of them are young, and from what I've watched of Kaymer, he seems like he's got a lot of distance, but finesse can get the best of him down the stretch, hence the 74 and 75 finishes in his two European Tour wins. Albeit he had those shots to give up, but what about the 1 stroke leads? Kim, on the other hand, has played his way into wins with a 69 to finish with 5 strokes ahead and a 67 at the AT&T; to win by two. They are both 23, both are talented, and they have won multiple times at a young age. Hopefully they can keep it going and I think that both have to grow into their game a little bit, but they are definately two promising young athletes.

As far as the Ryder Cup goes, I believe that young guys going at it would make for great TV.

What's in the Bag

Driver: Rapture 10.5*

3w: G10 15.5*5w: G10 18.5*3-UW i10 IronsSW: Vokey 54Putter: iWi Anser

Note: This thread is 5766 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!