IGNORED

Help others by posting YOUR MAGIC MOVE

Note: This thread is 5781 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Don't think about mechanics. Concentrate on tempo.

Yep.

That's it. My mechanics are good enough that I don't really have to think about them. I just think about swinging at like 3/4 speed and that really helps my tempo.

905R
LD-F 3-Wood
Vokey Oil-Can 252-08 degree
Cobra C Wedge 56-11 Vokey Oil-Can 260-08 degree Scotty Cameron Newport 2 35'' Pro V1x

Posting up my left leg

In my Warbird Bag,
I have
Burner Driver 460cc 9.5* Stiff
Three and Five Woods
Precise- 21* and 24* hybridsCCi Cast Irons-4-AW 52* and 56*/14 Vokey 60*/8and i play TP Black or ProV1

This worked wonders for me, may not work for everyone.

Put the majority of your weight on your front foot (towards the target). Keep it there instead of shifting it back on the backswing but still make your normal shoulder turn. Make a normal downswing. This has really helped me hit down and forward into the ball and has straightened out my iron and hybrid shots dramatically as I was falling back and hitting slices from my weight not shifting forward with a traditional 50/50 weight split and back and forward transfer.

SLDR 430 TP Graphite Design DI-6s
SLDR Mini Driver TP Graphite Design DI-6s
SLDR 4h Matrix Black Tie 95s
Ping G25 4-PW
Ping Gorge 50, 54, 58

Ping Anser IWI

One word:

RELAX!

Sure, I'm horrible at this game. But, I was getting worse, and I couldn't figure out why. Finally a guy I was with said to me, "Your practice swings look fine, but you really tense up when you are about to hit." It shocked me. So, I simply concentrated on ... nothing. I actively forced myself to relax. I took my smooth practice swing, and then I tried to replicate that relaxed feel for the real thing. I started hitting consistently and solidly. I was in hog heaven. So, now, for every swing regardles of setup, ball position, do I want to go high, do I want to roll, ... none of that matters at the very end. After thinking about what I want to do, when I set up to actually do it, I only think one thing:

RELAX. And it works.

10.5* Driver (don't really ever use it)
3w, 5w
23* hybrid
5i through PW, SW
60* Wedge.....................................................................mellojoe

My best ball striking days happens when I remember to accelerate through the ball @ impact and well after impact. Combine with imagining the club face staying square for about a foot past impact is what I call my magic move. For some odd reason when I lose these 2 thoughts in the middle of a round, I tend to release too early and get handsy and as a result, pull hooks festivals begin to happen.

Im rubbish when I think too much about what Im doing,When I just say sod it and be relaxed and athletic I play half decent, so my contribution to this thread is RELAX and HIT IT

In The Bag
Mizuno MX 560 Driver
Taylor made 3 wood
Mizuno HIFLI 21*
Mizuno MX 25's 4-pwMizuno MX series wedges 50, 56*/11 & 60*Bettinardi C02 putter4 bottles of pilsner,2 packs cigars

Mine was pretty much self taught (mainly by watching the pros). I have suggested it to higher handicaps that I've played with and they have benefitted also.

*Keep your left heel on the ground during the backswing*

I'm not saying put your weight on your heels, but don't go up on your front toe in your backswing. For me, this has done two things:

1. Made me feel more stable and makes my swing feel more slotted.
2. Forces me to swing a little bit easier.

Probably obvious, but thats my 2 cents.

Driver: FT-5 9* Neutral
3 & 5 Wood: SuperSteel
Irons: ISI Beryllium Copper
Sand Wedge: Ben Hogan piece of
Putter: White Hot

This worked wonders for me, may not work for everyone.

I've been accused of this plenty. I'm working on trying to hit my long irons and woods off the front foot. Its been a challenge to say the least thus far. From years of hockey, I'm used to a combination of arms and shoulders but at a much steeper spine angle. Trying to stand that motion up has been much harder than anticipated.

Great thread, btw. Interesting to see the many varrying opinions.
Weapons Of Choice
R5 Dual 9.5* Driver
R7 Draw Hybrid 3
Tight Lies #4 16* Fairway Wood
HCT Tour Irons 5-SW CG-11 52 CG-11 56 CG-11 60 BC-101 Putter

I believe that a mid handicapper should keep tempo as one of the main focuses, rather than thinking too much about swing mechanics. Focus on your tempo, and work on other basic skills as well as keeping course management in mind.

What I like to keep in mind a lot when playing are my movements, especially movements made by my hips...

CPGA Member
Eagles Nest Golf Club
Toronto Highlands Golf

If anything at all I think about firing my left hip to initiate my downswing. Anything else is to much of a conscious thought.

Yep. That's exactly what I meant by using the hip, using that left hip to start the downswing movement...

Hey ben, how many years are you into apprenticeship?

CPGA Member
Eagles Nest Golf Club
Toronto Highlands Golf

IM very mechanical, and thats a bad thing. I have a problem of having way to many swing thoughts. So, to try and cure this, I have narrowed it down so my head isn't so stacked with mechanical crap.

-tempo
-one piece takeaway
-hip rotation on the downswing

Everything else falls in to place when these things happen so I dont have to think about the other stuff.
Sticks
driver- X460 tour 9.5 Aldila NVS 75
irons- X-forged 3-PW TT BlackGold stiff
wedges- x-tour vintage 52, 56, 60
hybrid- FT-hybrid #2 17* putter- Sophia 33" "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."_Mario Andretti

Note: This thread is 5781 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!