IGNORED

Hello from Santa Barbara

Longshot
Note: This thread is 5757 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello, my name is Matt and I am 22 years old, currently residing in Santa Barbara, CA. Presently I play 18 holes at least once a week, with many trips to the driving range on top of that. The courses I play are predominately Sandpiper, and Glen Annie.

I came across this site while doing research for a set of new clubs that I plan to purchase in the near future. I am currently considering the Titleist AP2, or Callaway X-Forged Irons, with a Ping G-10 or Titleist 905R driver and some similar fairway woods. As for Wedges, I want to go with a Titleist Vokey 54* and 58*. After that, maybe I'll get bold and buy my first Cameron putter, but thats getting ahead of myself.

Right now I am about a 14 handicap, but my ultimate goal is to become, what else, a scratch golfer.

There seems to be some great knowledge on this website, and I look forward to learning from it!

• 2 weeks later...
Don't be in a hurry to buy a Cameron, there are a lot of new putters that perform extremely well and perhaps better, my Cameron is sitting in the garage.

The 905R is also in the garage, this is a great club if you have the swing speed to really hit it hard, and at 22 you probably do. The sound and feel is fantastic, but it is unforgiving compared to other drivers.

Get up north a bit and play La Purisima, one of the toughest and best courses in CA.

2009 Burner R
FT-I Fusion Squareway 3W 15* Fujikura Speeder Fit-On R
5W R7 R
FT Fusion Hybrids Draw 3/21*, 4/24*
G5 5-PW X-forged Vintage: 52.12, 56.14MDScotty Cameron: Newport 2 ProV1

Thanks for the advice Phoenix. After trying out a slough of different putters, I ended up going with the Mizuno Bettinardi Black Carbon 2. I really liked the softness of it compared to the Cameron, and believe it allowed me to put more of a strike on the ball. As for swing speed, I clock in at about 118-122 on average. With that being said, I shied away from the 905R in favor of the Ping G10 and couldn't be happier with it. As for irons, I went with the Mizuno MP-60s.

Hello, my name is Matt and I am 22 years old, currently residing in Santa Barbara, CA. Presently I play 18 holes at least once a week, with many trips to the driving range on top of that. The courses

Have they done the renovation yet on Sandpiper? Nice course, but they need to have a few more holes along the coast.

MP32
R7
Mezza Monza
RAC 60 degree

Thanks for the advice Phoenix. After trying out a slough of different putters, I ended up going with the Mizuno Bettinardi Black Carbon 2. I really liked the softness of it compared to the Cameron, and believe it allowed me to put more of a strike on the ball. As for swing speed, I clock in at about 118-122 on average. With that being said, I shied away from the 905R in favor of the Ping G10 and couldn't be happier with it. As for irons, I went with the Mizuno MP-60s.

Great choices, very smart, you're set . . . and I was right about the swing speed! I like the reasoning concerning the putter.

2009 Burner R
FT-I Fusion Squareway 3W 15* Fujikura Speeder Fit-On R
5W R7 R
FT Fusion Hybrids Draw 3/21*, 4/24*
G5 5-PW X-forged Vintage: 52.12, 56.14MDScotty Cameron: Newport 2 ProV1

Note: This thread is 5757 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!