IGNORED

Titleist Tour Model

Note: This thread is 4991 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

oh wow
a quick sharpening of their grooves and those would be some great weapons
lucky...
In The Bag...

Nike Nike SQ SUMO 5000 9.5*(UST ProForce V2 Stiff)
Titleist 975F 13.5* (Dynamic Gold S300)
Titleist DCI 990 2-PW (Dynamic Gold S300)Nike Forged Unchromed 53*Nike Forged Chrome 60*Ping G2i Craz-e

• 2 weeks later...

Those are the clubs I have used for years. I played so well with them one year, I went out and bought a different set of Titleist (which turned out to be not as good).

So now I am back to my old beauties...

I tell you, you just can't beat the feeling (tuning fork going off in your loins) of a well struck forged blade...
There's NOTHING better (well, on the golf course anyway)!!!

• 4 weeks later...
Go for it.

About eight years ago I was working in a golf shop, playing well with a set of Cleveland TA3's at the time. A beginner came into the shop to buy a set of irons, part exchanging a set of Tour Models in mint condition.

I personally bought them off him for $200 there and then and still have them in the bag now. The Cleveland's are long gone and I was playing to 4 with them, says it all.

The big muscle back means they're not actually that hard to play. I took a year off golf recently after moving to NZ from England and have had them shipped over and within a fortnight, I'm striking them as flush as ever.

Nice, nice blade and it's good to have a rare-ish, retro model as blades start to become saught after again - and the beauty is you don't have to be concerned about them being outdated by a newer model in 6 months.

Classic clubs.

• 2 years later...
I also have recently bought a set of the 91-94 tour models you're posting about aswell. The the guy I bought them from said they were Steve Elkington's back in the day. It's possible they are legit as he has a lot of tour issue stuff and owned a collectibles store at one point. My first blades were Tour issue 841's handed down from a local pro to me which fit perfectly. I sold them several years ago and then recently found same style heads last week!

I first learnt to play with blades and have switched back and forth for a bit with semi cavity until deciding on blades for good. I have no problem with ball striking with such a small club, it's just a matter of trying not to muscle the shot with these irons. The clubs will do the work for you. Nothing purer. Well, maybe mizuno mp-67's.

Practice with these babies and they will reward you. The feeling of distance control on half and 3 /4 shots is unparallel with blades.

My game sucks to to inconsistent driving and chipping. And these irons are keeping my handicap down.

For $60 you have to pull the trigger. Buddy of mine bought a set of the '87 models in fantastic shape for $20(!!!) from a flea market. Even if you don't play regularly with them, it's still fun to have a set like this and show up with 'em in the bag every now and then!

For $60 you have to pull the trigger. Buddy of mine bought a set of the '87 models in fantastic shape for $20(!!!) from a flea market. Even if you don't play regularly with them, it's still fun to have a set like this and show up with 'em in the bag every now and then!

He better act fast.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Yeah, for $60, even if you end up hating them, or you couldn't stand to display them, you could turn a profit on them. Just get them, then get some pics on here for everyone to drool on.

Yeah, for $60, even if you end up hating them, or you couldn't stand to display them, you could turn a profit on them. Just get them, then get some pics on here for everyone to drool on.

This is 2+ year old query.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Note: This thread is 4991 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!