IGNORED

North Lake Tahoe recs?

Note: This thread is 5770 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi all - Staying in Lake Tahoe in late September for a few days. Need recommendations for courses in the north Tahoe area (staying in Kings Beach, CA near the CA/NV state line). Willing to spend a little money, but would like to keep around/below the $100 range if possible.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Also, we are driving down to Vegas from Tahoe and might be staying at a resort in Death Valley NP called Furnace Creek. The golf course is the world's lowest elevation course at 214 feet below sea level. They have a great golf package deal and I'd like to play the course for the novelty of it if nothing else. But I am curious about the quality of the course itself. Anybody else played this one?

Where abouts in North LT are you staying? How far are you willing to drive to get great golf?!? I live maybe 35 minutes from there, so I'm sure I could come up with some suggestions...

Never been golfing in Death Valley...Have fun driving down the Vegas though. I'd rather fly, but I guess that's just me

underparnv

That's how I like my golf. A kick in the face. -Ben

Driver: 983E 8.5* w/ stock stiff flex shaftIrons: MP60 - 2 through 9 irons (swap out the 2 iron for my three wood at some courses)Wedges: 588 Chrome - 47* Pitching Wedge, 53* Gap Wedge, 56* Sand Wedge MP-T Black Ni - 60* Lob WedgePutter:.....

Staying in Kings Beach, right on the lake, just west of Crystal Bay. Would prefer not to drive more than 45 minutes or so.

I hear on the fly vs. drive thing, but we're not gonna do it all in one shot. Gonna spread the drive over three days/nights with stops in Yosemite NP, maybe Mammoth Lakes, and Death Valley NP.

As redalex said, Coyote Moon is great. However...

• Northstar At Tahoe
    While not as spectacular as Coyote Moon, it is a pretty fun course. It has two distinctive nines...the front being in the valley and the back in the hills. Quite an experience.
  • Old Greenwood
    While I haven't had the chance to play this course yet, I've heard (over and over) several people say this is one of the better courses in the Tahoe area.
  • Incline Village
    Incline is another course I haven't played. They (somewhat) recently renovated the place and I actually haven't heard too much about it. They have two courses. A championship course and an executive that contains a couple par fours I believe. I'm pretty sure Annika Sorenstam is a member there too...
If you get toward the Reno/Carson/Sparks area, be sure to let me know. I would love to play golf with a fellow TST'er and I have a lot of suggestions for the area!
underparnv

Driver: 983E 8.5* w/ stock stiff flex shaftIrons: MP60 - 2 through 9 irons (swap out the 2 iron for my three wood at some courses)Wedges: 588 Chrome - 47* Pitching Wedge, 53* Gap Wedge, 56* Sand Wedge MP-T Black Ni - 60* Lob WedgePutter:.....

Thanks very much for the info. I was considering Northstar, so it's good to hear that it's an interesting course. And the greens fees there look very reasonable. Coyote Moon looks excellent, too.

I will definitely let you know if we make it up towards Reno. Would be a blast to play with a TST'er, fer sure.

Thanks very much for the info. I was considering Northstar, so it's good to hear that it's an interesting course. And the greens fees there look very reasonable. Coyote Moon looks excellent, too.

Not a problem! If you've never been to the Lake before, you're in for quite the experience. The Celebrity Open on NBC doesn't do it justice...that's all I'll say

And if we do get together, you would get exactly 16 strokes from me...how cool is that?!?!
underparnv

Note: This thread is 5770 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!