IGNORED

Golf Tec

m11
Note: This thread is 5779 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

has anyone used the Golf Tec program before? My brother in law is looking to get into golf, and i live on the other side of the country so i really can't be of help. Im trying to find something that would get him in the right direction quickly. He also doesnt know the difference between a 3iron and a 3 putt so im looking for something that goes over all the basics...starting at someone who hasnt held a club before.

Anyone have any recommendations? I found Golf Tec online...anyone here anything about them?

http://www.golftec.com/

TMX Carry Bag
Tour Burner 9.5*
Burner 3W 15*
Burner Rescue Hybrid 19*
r7 TP 4i-SW Dynamic Gold S300s 60* CG-14 Circa 62 #2 & Studio Stainless Newport 2 Pro V1x

Its not really my cup of tea, but I know plenty that have used them and swear by it. Where I live in Tampa, they have a couple of regular places and the ones in Golfsmith.

I personally wouldn't recommend anything where the person couldn't see their ball flight - regardless of how high tech it is.

If your b-i-l is a total newbie, group lessons are a good way to go if he doesn't want to jump right in to private lessons. Local ranges and courses should have PGA teaching pros giving group lessons. Municipal courses, in particular, usually have some sort of "introduction to golf" courses.

What's his zip code? (trying to get a general area without getting too much personal info.)

60089..its buffalo grove, illinois...you can ask whatever you'd like.

yea he's never touched a golf club before...doesnt know anything about the game. He was watching tin cup and called me to explain what par meant.

and with golf tec....they give you an overall program....theres on the course instruction as well as in the store with the video

TMX Carry Bag
Tour Burner 9.5*
Burner 3W 15*
Burner Rescue Hybrid 19*
r7 TP 4i-SW Dynamic Gold S300s 60* CG-14 Circa 62 #2 & Studio Stainless Newport 2 Pro V1x

Lake Bluff Golf Club

http://www.lakebluffgolfclub.com/docs/lessons.htm
ADULT BEGINNER LINK UP TO GOLF CLASSESFormat: Clinics will cover golf orientation, etiquette, rules, basic full swing, and short game. FREE USE OF RENTAL CLUBS AND RANGE BALLS DURING CLINICS. Includes three complimentary on-course experiences. Days: Tuesdays & Thursdays SESSION I Dates: June 3, 5, 10, 12, 17, 19 Time: 6:00 - 7:00 pm SESSION II Dates: July 15, 17, 22, 24, 29, 31 Time: 6:00 - 7:00 pm Fee: $149 ADULT GOLF SCHOOL Format: 1st Saturday of the month, work with the PGA pro in the practice area to perfect your short game in addition to full swing video analysis. Days: Saturdays Dates: June 7, July 5, August 2 Time: 8:00 - 11:00 am Fee: $75 per session

Arboretum Club http://www.arboretumgolf.com/clinics.php
Adult Golf Taught by the PGA & LPGA instructors from the Village of Buffalo Grove Golf Courses, all levels of golfers are invited to enroll. The class will introduce the beginning student to the basic fundamentals of the game while the more seasoned golfer will be able to develop better skills and understanding of the golf swing. All students should bring a seven iron to the first class. Clubs will be provided if needed. Classes will meet on the Buffalo Grove Golf Club driving range and short game practice facilities. All rained out classes will be re-scheduled by the instructor. Class times are subject to change if class minimums are not met. To register contact the Buffalo Grove Pro Shop. All Level Class July 14,16,21,23,28 10:30-11:30 $85.00 All Level Class August 11,13,18,20,25 10:30-11:30 $85.00

Note: This thread is 5779 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!