IGNORED

Driver: BURNER, HIBORE XL, or SUMO2

Note: This thread is 5751 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Which Driver to buy?

• Taylor Made Burner
    • Cleveland HiBore XL
    • Nike Sumo2
    • OTHER, please post in my thread

Cobra Speed

---"Be the ball"---

IN THE Hoofer Vantage BAG:
Driver: F-Speed 10.5°, Aldila NV-F
Woods: F-Speed LD 3 & 5, Aldila NV-FIrons: S9 3-PW, NS-Pro 900XH SteelWedges: CG10 52° & Spin Milled 56.10Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Ball: Pro V1x SG4

Whilst doing demos, I was consistently getting almost 10 yards more with the Burner as compared to HiBore XL or the Sumo2.

I settled for the Burner with no regrets. Even my golf buddies are impressed with the massive sound especially when I rip bombs! Not that I'm trying to be boastful here: Amongst my friends, I used to drive 2nd furthest, but now I'm leading the pack off the tee.
In my bag:
Burner 9.5
NDS 3 wood
Tight Lies i-wood 18 deg
Irons: X-14 3-PWHippo Ni-S56/10Putter: Studio Select Newport 2

still deciding what to get.

Driver: :tmade: 2017 M1 9.5° / 3-wood: :tmade: AeroBurner 13.5° / Irons: :mizuno:  MP-69 (3-PW) / Wedges: :titleist: SM6 Vokey 50°, 54°, 58° / Putter: :titleist: Scotty Cameron Newport with SuperStroke 3.0 slim, 50g counterweight / Balls: :bridgestone:  Tour B330-S

NLC Cup 2017 Champion / Grand Master's Cup 2017 Champion / TDR Cup 2017 Champion / DTG Celebration Cup 2017 Champion

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I pulled the trigger on the nickent 4dx driver(mainly becuase it was part of a promotion so i got it for free), but i can't find a bad review about it. It should be here today so I'll tell you how i like it.

http://www.deeprough.com/index.php/2...driver-review/

http://www.golfgearreview.com/article-display/2105.html

In my Extreme Sport Stand Bag
Driver: 4DX D-Spec Driver 10.5* Stiff UST SR3
3W: F-60 15* Regular Fujikura E150 Fit-On
Hybrids: 4DX Ironwoods 20* 23* Regular UST SR3
Irons: 4DX CB 5-PW Stiff True Temper ST-90Wedges: Vokey 50* 56*Putter: SabertoothBall: DT Roll

Strongly recommend the new Tour Burner. The head has been reshaped slightly from the earlier Burner. I tried the old Burner, the Tour Burner, and the SuperQuad and was very pleased with the Tour Burner.

Titleist Hybrid Stand Bag White & Lime Green
- TM Tour Burner 9.5 Degree, Aldila Proto by You
- TM R5 Ti 3 Wood
- TM Burner Hybrid #3,#4,#5
- Titleist AP2 6-PW, Project X 5.5 Shafts- Titleist Vokey 50 degree Black Nickel- Titleist Vokey Spin Milled Satin 54 and 58 Degree- Titleist Scotty...

In my opinion, now that I read that you want straight shots and not work the ball, I can recoment the HiBore or the Sumo, I tried the TM but It was the most difficult club for straight shoots. HiBore will help you with straight and long shoots, very easy to hit club. The SUMO is the other straigth shooter you mention, the square head will help you to keep your ball straight.

If I can recomend one club for straight shooting will be the Callaway FT-i, Great club. The best in my opinion.

Let us know what club you finally purchase?

----------------------------------
In my XXV Anniversary 10.5 Callaway Staff Bag
Driver FT-i 10°
Woods Big Bertha 3, 5, 7

Hybrid 4 X-Hybrid

Irons X-20 5-SW

Wedge 60° X-Tour

Putter Odyssey White steel Tri-Ball SRT

im kinda in the same boat here. i have last years sq sumo, and have recently came in possession with the head of the tm burner. i am just waiting to find out what shaft i should go with with the burner. please post after you get your new driver so i can get an idea how you like it.

In My AMP Bag:
- FT-3 Draw 9°
- 3 Wood
- Black Max 3H
- Black Max 5-PWKnight: - Wedge 52° -- 60° - 33" XG White Hot Rossie W/ Jumbo Grip TOURi Ball Glove

If you are referring to the new burner then go with that best driver i've ever hit

Driver: G10 10.5 Stock Shaft
3 Wood: Taylormade r580XD
Irons: AP2 3-P, Project X 5.5
Wedges: Tour-W 52*, 56* SM, 60* SM
Putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5 34"Ball: ProV1 or ProV1xLow Score:74

i just got the TM burner draw. hte club is amazing. i used to be driving 200-230yds tops with a lot of slice. with teh burner all of my drivers are straight as an arrow and i probably average 240-250yds a drive. my last 2 drives today were about 280yds and 300yds.

Only been golfing lefty for about a year now, but the largest imprevement made by upgrading a club so far was my driver.

I bought the Hi-Bore XL stiff shaft basically based on price at the time.

Let me tell you, I crush this thing!

Not uncommon to hit in 320+ and dead straight, even have had to get used to playing a very slight draw with it as of late. I was considering the bunrer and have not have a chance to hit it yet, but you wont be disappointed in the XL.

It is long and straight even on off center hits, and when you really crank the hell out of one, it sounds really cool

Taylormade TP 2010 9.5 Fubuki stiff
07 Burner 5W stiff

Adams F11 Ti 3W Adilia NVS Stiff
Bobby Jones 21* & 25* Hybrid
AP1 4-gw
CG14  60*::X forged Vintage 56* Ping b60 putter Balls: Bridgestone B330, ProV, Goals: Shot par over 18 holes, Best shot: Par 5 18th hole, Alling Memorial New haven CT; holed my 2nd shot for an Albatross! (June 20th, 2008)

Note: This thread is 5751 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!