IGNORED

around the green

Note: This thread is 5756 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I use a routine on my practice green to get better at distance control and feel, it goes like this:
From the edge of the green 5' out say, chip a ball onto the green not necessarily at the hole, then chip another trying to get it say six feet past the first then another six feet short of the first and keep alternating it until you get a feel for each shot, then start over, you'll be surprised if you use that sort of routine regularly you will develop feel.

Mike

Driver: Taylormade R9
3 Wood: Cobra S 9-1
5 Wood: Cobra S 9-1
7 Wood: Cobra S 9-1

Irons: Taylormade r7 Custom Fit (SW-4)

Putter: Taylormade Rossa Monza Spyder

Balls: Titleist Pro V1x

I was watching Playing Lessons From The Pro's last night with David Chopra and haha Anthony Anderson.

Anyways, he suggested that , at least his, 7iron plays the same distance like a putter would if you would apply the same stroke.

I havent tried it, but it may be something to think about

TMX Carry Bag
Tour Burner 9.5*
Burner 3W 15*
Burner Rescue Hybrid 19*
r7 TP 4i-SW Dynamic Gold S300s 60* CG-14 Circa 62 #2 & Studio Stainless Newport 2 Pro V1x

Just get a good guide on the methods for chipping and pitching. Dave Pelz's books and videos are a good source. You can find all kind of free videos and articles on the web too. You cannot execute the shots because you don't know the correct approach. Varied opinions on a forum thread may help but good books, illustrations and videos would be better.

My Clubs
Nicklaus Progressive XC Irons: 3H,4H, 5-GW
Ray Cook SW & Gyro 1 Putter
Taylor Made Burner Driver 10.5
Taylor Made V-Steel 3 & 5 MetalsMy Home Course: Indian RiverMy Blog: Rant-o-Rama-Ding-Dong

thanks for the visualization nancy. i brought my pw to work with me and practiced accelerating through the shot with short swings. its definately the difference! now that i have the clock visual i think ill be ok. on lunch time im going to see what my range is with different positions. thanks again all.
Driver through pw & putter

SW & LW

Plus when playing the ball back in your stance don't play it to far back,make sure your stance is open and weigh on front foot.Gauge distance with how far back you take your back-swing and follow through a bit longer than your back swing,do not decelerate coming to the ball,this is why its important to get used to taking it back so far ech time for different distances.

aeroburner tp 10.5 stiff
superfast tp 2.0 3 wood stiff
Halo 25 and taylormade tp 19 degree hybrids
miura cb 202 and wedge
tp 52* wedge, tp 56* taylormade spider mallet putter

I think a lot of people who aren't confident with their wedges have a tendency to decellerate their hands as they approach contact. They end up hitting the ball thin because of their attempt to avoid it, not in spite of the attempt.

Best advice on here!!! And try investing in a great sandwedge. Two reasons: #1 You will be able to accelerate through a higher loft club without feeling you are going to hit it long...#2 Regardless of how many wedges you carry, you will always need a great sandwedge.

You should go ahead and start "bonding" and making good shots with that club. You'll use it a lot and thus have a great memory bank of nifty shots to look back on. Confidence is everything in golf. Don't skimp on the dough on this club. Unless you hit every green, you'll use it more than any other club in your bag except the putter.

I would pick one club and get good with it.

I use my sand wedge. Open stance, ball back, eyes over top of ball, weight on left foot.

I concentrate on striking the back left side of the ball and watch the club face make contact with the ball.

If I want to hit the ball shorter I choke up on the club

If I want to hit the ball further I choke up less.

Need more loft? Open up the club face.

I actually use my sand wedge for all shots 90 yards in.
In my bag:

Driver: R7 SuperQuad
Woods: RPM LP 3W & 5W
Irons: MX-25 4-SWPutter: Detour

Try the 20 80 rule. 20% in the air and 80% on the ground. Get the ball on the ground as soon as possible and work on judging the distance and practice, practice and more practice.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

Get used to chipping/pitching with at least one wedge. My 64 is my go to on shots inside 40 yards because I've spent hours with it in my backyard trying to hit golf balls into a home depot bucket- I transformed what used to be my weakest point into one of the strongest aspects of my game. Also this thread http://thesandtrap.com/forum/showthr...800#post162800 is one of the best I've seen detailing practice methods to improve short game consistency and skill. Good luck.

"What is best about a great victory is that it rids the victor of the fear of defeat. 'Why not also lose for once?' he says to himself; 'now I am rich enough for
that'" -Nietzsche

In My Stand Bag:
R7 Draw 9.0 Deg Stiff Flex Driver AMF Progression 3 Wood SUMO2 3/20 Deg Hybrid & CPR 4/24 Deg...

Note: This thread is 5756 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!