IGNORED

Installing shafts

Lippert
Note: This thread is 6697 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I broke the shaft on my pitching wedge last spring and wanted to replace the shaft myself. There are probably some good books and/or tapes that would help me, however, I wanted see if there was anything on the Internet that might give me an idea on whether or not this is something I want to get into.
Any good sites you guys/girls might want to share.

Thanks,

Gary

If you are any kind of a tinkerer I think it could be a fun and inexpensive hobby. I found these instructions at Golf Works

It doesn't seem to tough but I've never done it myself.

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I you're into long bows you might have heard of Jerry Welsh maker of English longbows. He builds them out of yew wood he finds in Oregon. Pardon the name dropping but he's a friend of mine. I could listen for hours to his stories. He lives in a very small community in Alaska called Whale Pass... probably 35 people tops right now.

When I was 14 years old I went out there to fish one summer and hang out with a friend. I actually bagged a bear that summer... just the two of us and a couple of rifles. I think that was pretty crazy, but I didn't know it at the time. Jerry wasn't there that summer, but I met him after I graduated college.

So there you have my connection to longbows. FWIW, I shot one of his bows and it was total work.

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Jeff, It sounds like Jerry Welsh wouldn't have trouble putting a shaft on a golf club. The sport of bowhunting with traditional equipment is fascinating. It is just a bow, string, arrow, and yourself. That is how I practice and when it's crunch time the shot is usually automatic. You should try it when the links are less than desirable. Gary

• 2 weeks later...
I broke the shaft on my pitching wedge last spring and wanted to replace the shaft myself. There are probably some good books and/or tapes that would help me, however, I wanted see if there was anything on the Internet that might give me an idea on whether or not this is something I want to get into.

wow, sounds like a good reason to buy a new PW..no? (BTW: realizing pounding coffee..makes me want to post..ALOT)

Note: This thread is 6697 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!