IGNORED

Denver Area Course to Play?

Note: This thread is 5713 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I just moved back to Denver and am looking for some great tracks to play. I posted about a month ago on this topic and got some great recommendations. I have played the following courses since I got back. I have been very impressed with the condition of the City of Aurora courses during this hot and dry summer:

Bear Dance - Larkspur (Very Nice)
Murphy Creek - Aurora
West Woods - Arvada
Meadow Hills - Aurora
Kennedy
Fitzsimmons - Aurora

Any other reccomendations

What's in the bag?
Titleist D2 9.5 Stiff
Mizuno F60 3W
TaylorMade 3 Hybrid
Nike Pro Combo 3-PWTaylorMade TP 52 degreeTaylorMade TP 60degree

I have been meaning to check out Green Valley Ranch and Riverdale. I have actually played Fossil Trace in the past and enjoyed it.

What's in the bag?
Titleist D2 9.5 Stiff
Mizuno F60 3W
TaylorMade 3 Hybrid

Bear Dance and The Ridge at Castle Pines North are both very good courses.

What's in My Extreme Lite Bag:
Driver: 909D2 9.5* w/ stiff Made for Titleist Voodoo
3-Wood: 904f 15*
2- Hybrid: 18* Heavenwood
3-PW: X-18 w/ steel Uniflex shaftsSW: Forged 56* LW: chrome 60*Putter: 34" White Hot Two-BallBall: NXT Tour

I have been meaning to get out to the Ridge this summer. I have heard good things. Plus I have a free round through Golf Now that I can use there.

What's in the bag?
Titleist D2 9.5 Stiff
Mizuno F60 3W
TaylorMade 3 Hybrid

I just moved back to Denver and am looking for some great tracks to play. I posted about a month ago on this topic and got some great recommendations. I have played the following courses since I got back. I have been very impressed with the condition of the City of Aurora courses during this hot and dry summer:

Murphy Creek is a nice kept course!, Same with Meadow Hills even though they are way different courses... Kennedy is ok. Try Saddle Rock, it'll eat up your balls with the native grass, but it is a really nice course! I heard Buffalo Run is nice out towards the east of the city, and SpringHill is a good executive course!

I have been meaning to get out to the Ridge this summer. I have heard good things. Plus I have a free round through Golf Now that I can use there.

The Ridge is really nice - played in June.

"Every man is his own hell" - H.L. Mencken

• 1 month later...
Well boys, big life change here....taking a new job and moving to Denver (not to mention, wife is 2 mos. pregnant with first child, selling a house, buying a house).

But on to the important things - golf in Denver. I'm sending this out to all you Denver area residents. I need a lay of the land. Obviously earlier in this thread I got some course names, but can someone summarize for me? We'll be living in the Washington Park area and I'll be working in Broomfield. Specifically looking for the best public courses within 30 minute drive for me. How are some of the "city" courses near downtown? Need general locations of where these are so I can map them out too. Is there a local website for golfers? Is there a local magazine for golfers? Any great range near Wash Park? Indoor ranges out there?

The biggest golf bummer for me is that I'm leaving my private club here in STL and likely won't have anything I can afford within 20 minute drive (and I won't join anything over that drive time). But if you know of a private club near Wash Park that might be worth a look, let me know. Obviously DCC with its initiation fee and wait list is out. Would have to be something under $30-40k initiation and 20 minutes or less drive time for Wash Park.

In spite of playing 190 different courses throughout the country, I've never once played in Denver, so it'll be a sweet experience to get to know the golf layout out there.....

Thanks for the help!

Hoofer Vantage Bag Carrying:
DRIVER Fusion FT-3 Driver Proforce V2 65 Graphite Stiff
FAIRWAY WOOD G10 4-Wood
HYBRID G10 21 Degree
IRONS MX-25 Irons 3 thru PW Precision Rifle Shafts & Golf Pride GripsWEDGES CG10 56 & 60 Degree WedgesPUTTER 2-Ball SRT BALL ProV1xCLUB ...

Welcome to the area. The Denver city courses will all be near Wash Park, and aren't bad. I am also new to the area and I have found that the City of Aurora course are all pretty nice, especially Murhpy Creek (it is probably 25-30 from you). Fossil Trace is also a nice track, pretty uniqe, it is in Golden.

In the broomfield area, Coal Creek is a pretty nice course and I have heard the Broadlands is nice as well althought i haven't played it.

You should check out either Avid Golfer, or GolfColorado for some more courses. I have also reviewed a few courses in my blog if you want to check them out.

What's in the bag?
Titleist D2 9.5 Stiff
Mizuno F60 3W
TaylorMade 3 Hybrid

Note: This thread is 5713 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!