IGNORED

Callaway old vs new

Note: This thread is 3499 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I would have agree with "newtogolf". When I compared the loft and length of the new Big Bertha irons claiming 2 clubs longer to my Mizzy Mp54's I found that the BB 7 iron is 4 degrees stronger and approx. 3/4" longer.

Callaway claims 2 clubs longer as compared to a set of Callaway Razor ZF Something or Other Irons from a few years ago...

I am sure for that market segment (Super GI) that cup face tech in an iron is great for launch, spring, and forgiveness. They probably don't need to lengthen the shafts...

Of course, they had the pros hitting their irons and the BB iron ... and the BB was noticeably longer although the shaft could not keep up with the pro.... I think that was the Patrick Reed Video.

I don't think a touring Pro is ready to turn in his irons for BB's, and neither are many of us... most of us are not that market segment.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Callaway claims 2 clubs longer as compared to a set of Callaway Razor ZF Something or Other Irons from a few years ago...

I am sure for that market segment (Super GI) that cup face tech in an iron is great for launch, spring, and forgiveness. They probably don't need to lengthen the shafts...

Of course, they had the pros hitting their irons and the BB iron ... and the BB was noticeably longer although the shaft could not keep up with the pro.... I think that was the Patrick Reed Video.

I don't think a touring Pro is ready to turn in his irons for BB's, and neither are many of us... most of us are not that market segment.

I guess that's because of the lofts, my brand new X2 Hot Pro set 5-P and A, has about the same loft as a traditional 4-P set used to have in the past.

Note: This thread is 3499 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!