IGNORED

Gripping a Golf Club

m11
Note: This thread is 5752 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I just came across this video and am a big fan of it. Its very comprehensive and i basically feel that the content is accurate.

I'd like to add that the concept of feeling the unification of your hands as well as the idea of having the hands mirror each other is extraordinarily important.

And of course, you dont want to go with a 10 finger grip.

TMX Carry Bag
Tour Burner 9.5*
Burner 3W 15*
Burner Rescue Hybrid 19*
r7 TP 4i-SW Dynamic Gold S300s 60* CG-14 Circa 62 #2 & Studio Stainless Newport 2 Pro V1x

The part about the top, or left hand in this video, is a bit of a revelation to me. I only knew what he calls a distance grip as a proper way to hold the club with the left hand. Very good demonstration on weak, neutral and strong grip positions.

My Clubs
Nicklaus Progressive XC Irons: 3H,4H, 5-GW
Ray Cook SW & Gyro 1 Putter
Taylor Made Burner Driver 10.5
Taylor Made V-Steel 3 & 5 MetalsMy Home Course: Indian RiverMy Blog: Rant-o-Rama-Ding-Dong

The part about the top, or left hand in this video, is a bit of a revelation to me. I only knew what he calls a distance grip as a proper way to hold the club with the left hand. Very good demonstration on weak, neutral and strong grip positions.

i actually learned some stuff as well. At the top of my swing, my wrists werent as cocked as much as i would like...and i figured it was just something that i cant change. I assumed that i had my grip down pat...however, when he explained the part about how deep your left thumb goes up your right life line...i had an epiphany that i wasnt allowing my thumb to go deep enough into my hand...which limited the 'unification' of my hands. I picked up a club and did what he said basically...and suprisingly enough, my wrists cocked and set early in my backswing, and at the top, they were fully cocked. The increase in clubhead speed was extraordinarily noticeable from that little adjustment. I was actually surprised. . I was at my normal driving range...and the guys i knew were puzzled as to why i was excited to be hitting 6irons that went 5 feet off the ground. Basically, I began to actually cast my irons because i wasnt prepared to have to hold off the release for so long. I started to work with it and delay the release as long as i could..even longer than normal and the lag that was being created was very nice. I normally hit my 9iron a Furyk-y 130yards. I was able to effortlessly bump them up to about the 145 yard range with noticeably more spin. And the results for my driver were equally enjoyable...Normal conditions if i hit a good one it'll be in the 265-275 range and something with the wind will get to the 285-295 yard range. I hit them on the range with the grip adjustment and the extra lag got me to that 285/290 yard mark with almost no additional effort. It was nice to make such a tiny adjustment as sliding my left hand a little further into my right and create such results.

TMX Carry Bag
Tour Burner 9.5*
Burner 3W 15*
Burner Rescue Hybrid 19*
r7 TP 4i-SW Dynamic Gold S300s 60* CG-14 Circa 62 #2 & Studio Stainless Newport 2 Pro V1x

Note: This thread is 5752 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!