IGNORED

Pro V1 vs Pro V1-392

m11
Note: This thread is 5756 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

any difference performance-wise between these two balls?

I found that the '392' refers to the number of dimples on the ball.

TMX Carry Bag
Tour Burner 9.5*
Burner 3W 15*
Burner Rescue Hybrid 19*
r7 TP 4i-SW Dynamic Gold S300s 60* CG-14 Circa 62 #2 & Studio Stainless Newport 2 Pro V1x

I wouldn't swear to it, but I think the ball with the 392 stamped on it is just the older version. Can't really comment on the performance of one to the other, I would guess it is minimal if there is any at all. They took off the '392' a year or two ago, but it is still the same ball.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

I cant really comment if there is a performance difference - but as goblue pointed out - its the older version (with 392) and wherever you come across one of these unless they are brand new i would be careful since you never know how long it spent in some lake/mud - til somebody retrieved and resold it and got hit it in the bushes again and finally found by you... And lakeballs have performance issues as pointed out in some earlier threads.

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW
CG10 50° CG12 DSG 54° & 60°

I cant really comment if there is a performance difference - but as goblue pointed out - its the older version (with 392) and wherever you come across one of these unless they are brand new i would be careful since you never know how long it spent in some lake/mud - til somebody retrieved and resold it and got hit it in the bushes again and finally found by you... And lakeballs have performance issues as pointed out in some earlier threads.

yea thats what i was thinking. The 392's that i got were brand new unused...the guy who i got them from has access to extra balls that titleist has and he sent me a bunch of the prov1's and prov1-392's.

TMX Carry Bag
Tour Burner 9.5*
Burner 3W 15*
Burner Rescue Hybrid 19*
r7 TP 4i-SW Dynamic Gold S300s 60* CG-14 Circa 62 #2 & Studio Stainless Newport 2 Pro V1x

I am using the older 392 Pro-V at the moment, and believe it or not I am finding that it goes a little bit further than the new Pro-V.

But yeh I think the main difference is the two different generations of ball.

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

Note: This thread is 5756 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!