IGNORED

First Round in 8 Months

Mr_Slice
Note: This thread is 6657 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well, tomorrow I'm going to finally get on the course again after a dreadfully long 8 month layoff. Not only will I be contending with the lack of any rythm, but it's also been raining pretty steadily over the last four or five days. Tomorrow will be clear, but that doesn't make the course dry. The course also does not have a driving range (boo!) and I was hoping to get some tips on what I could do to warm up my swing again before teeing off without actually hitting any balls. I'm playing no matter what, come rain or shine. It's not like my handicap could get much higher anyway.

Here is a video link that has some tips on warming up before your round.

e59d0b501bff264233943e617f38f21e-42406a85.spl.asf

The league I play in during the summer does not have a range either. I usally try to get there a little early and get in some chipping and putting. Then I'll just stretch and try to get as loose as I can before firing away. Our course also has a few cornfields close to the first tee so if you have some junk balls you can sneak a few swings in that way. Not good advice for a crowded course though.

Hope you hit it good tomorrow!

So much for my proclamation that I was going to play "no matter what." It hasn't stopped raining since and it's too heavy to even try and hit a golfball. Looking at the weather forcast it might be another week and a half or more before I can actually get onto a course.

The Seattle area has been wet for a couple of months. The weather only clears up while I'm at work so take heart, I'm suffering with you... although there is that round last weekend.

Hope you get out soon!

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 6657 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!