IGNORED

Adam Scott: Wh'appen?

RichF
Note: This thread is 5275 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

There sure are a lot of golf guru's in this thread. I wonder why more of you aren't professionals yourselves, or at least coaches to tour pros. It's amazing the knowledge you all have on the inner workings of the tour and it's players.

I agree...but...but...what's this got to do with Adam Scott?

TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°
TaylorMade RAC TP MB 3-PW
TaylorMade RAC TP 54°.10 / 58°.10
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hasn't he just spent time in Asia expanding his foundation outside of Australia? Maybe he tries too hard to be like his hero Greg Norman... right down to the swing coach and caddie. And if you check the caddies record under pressure and in big tournaments it ain't that flash (especially with the Shark). Might be time to be his own person perhaps

What I play:
Titleist 909D2 9.5 Matrix Ozik xcon 6 | Ping i15 14 Axivcore Tour Red | Ping i15 hybrid 17 Axivcore Tour Red | Titleist AP2 TTDGS300 | Vokey 52.08 SM 58.12 | Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2 | Titleist ProV1x

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I played with Adam many years ago when he was starting out. Give me a pat on the back! He was very talented back then and he is to this day. Back here in Australia, people bash him (the media as well) because he hasn't won events that they "believe he should of won?" He is doing well in the cash stakes though? Chink, Chink...
In my opinion? Australia is still searching for another Greg Norman but we do not have one as of yet. There are some great Aussie pro golfers currently but their record against Greg's is nothing in comparison. Greg Norman changed the face of golf in Australia a long time ago but no other has come close after him.
This is the major reason why in Australia, professional golf events have been lost, sponsorship money has been lost as no person has taken the mantle.
I would also like to add that Adam Scott came from a rich family, he is a good golfer but what happened to the golfers that were better than him who had no money? That is the cut-hroat life of professional golf...

Adam usually returns to Australia for some of the Nov/Dec Australian tournaments. Unfortunately, he hasn't won, or figured in the big placings, in any in recent years. Success is hard to predict sometimes. For example, Aaron Baddeley returned for some of the Australian summer golf tournaments at the end of 2007 & won the Australian Masters. Unfortunately, that was his 'high watermark' for the last 12 months.

Most Australians (& of course many others) would like to see Adam Scott win more tournaments. He's easy to like. Fingers crossed it's 2009.

But then again, Greg Norman's result in the British Open has given him an invitation to the US Masters. Now that will be interesting .... [ please no comments about choking - we've heard them all before ].

Adam Scott has a great life - rich beyond our wildest dreams, does exactly what he wants, so why would he need to grind every day to make his game even better?

This is what makes Tiger so special. The only thing that motivates him is to be the best player to ever play the game. And in light of that, Adam Scott may think, "why should I bother?"

His posture disturbs me, specifically his rounded upper back to neck area. It looks like he's forcing himself to keep the chin high. It looks too contrived and restricted. I'm gonna call Butch.

Personally I think that he has one of the best postures in the business. It's set where it techinqually needs to be(as some would say by the book), his swing/posture is nearly identical to Tigers 99-02 swing/posture with Butch. Nothing can get in the way of it except the 5" between his ears. But all of this is opinion I have nothing against yours.

But I can see where you have a discrepincy with his neck tilt/angle, but as I see it it is to help him maintain his swing arc/path on the way down from 10-o'clock to impact. With his chin out it gives his right shoulder freedom to swing/rotate around his spine instead of his right shoulder coming out and over the top of the swing path. But thats just me. As for his lack in dominance I have no idea. I think he gets too down on himself when he loses a shot/stroke he can't seem to get it out of his head unlike most touring pro's and even some college players. But he is also expanding his off-the-course businesses/foundations. He's attempting to create an avenue so that when he retires the game he has others methods of making money, which is brillant. The truly wealthy make their money in investments not income.... Hopefully 2009 will grace the Aussie with a stellar year.
In the bag:

Driver: 905R 9.5* NV-Stiff
Woods: (Tour Issue) 906f2 15* Speeder-Stiff
Irons: 695CBWedges: Vokey 252.08, Vokey Spin Milled 256.14Putter: Studio Stainless 2.5 (35 1/2" 350g)Ball: Pro V1x (Low #'s)

[

Greg choked it looking dapper in a white knitted woolly pully. At least he choked it as a great walking advert for the Greg Norman collection.

K J bl*@dy Choi just choked it with £5 quid of my money on him at 100-1 . I won't even mention Briny Baird, a journey man pro who without doubt the absolute king of chokers, again usually with £5 of my money on him at 100-1.

There sure are a lot of golf guru's in this thread. I wonder why more of you aren't professionals yourselves, or at least coaches to tour pros. It's amazing the knowledge you all have on the inner workings of the tour and it's players.

Lol or so they think, a lot of people on here have great golf knowledge of the swing, fundamentals, all of that. I'm sure teaching pros(leadbetter, Harmon all of them know like 5x as much) No offense to anyone as that is their job and I'm quite sure they are amazing at it.

Like the majority of players on tour he is just happy to make money and doesn't care about being the best. He just doesn't have the mindset of a winner and thus doesn't deserve to win. Nothing is more common than unsuccessful players with talent.

Tiger isn't the most talented player to ever play the game. When he was young there were kids that were the same age as him that were better than him. What separates him from everyone else is persistence. Talent is just one of many things that make champions. Persistence is the most important. Tiger knows that and that's why he practices harder than everyone else to get into the mindset of expecting and deserving victory.

Golf is a game in which the ball always lies poorly and the player always lies well.

Like the majority of players on tour he is just happy to make money and doesn't care about being the best. He just doesn't have the mindset of a winner and thus doesn't deserve to win. Nothing is more common than unsuccessful players with talent.

Definitely agree with you on this.

I remember reading an article about Sergio Garcia and a similar issue. How he won't change his game even though it will cost him wins. He wants to play it how he wants.

« Keith »

Definitely agree with you on this.

Sergio only practices about 2 or 3 hours a day. That's why he doesn't win.

Golf is a game in which the ball always lies poorly and the player always lies well.

Like the majority of players on tour he is just happy to make money and doesn't care about being the best. He just doesn't have the mindset of a winner and thus doesn't deserve to win.

So now we're gonna decide who deserves to win? I think people really underestimate what it takes to get to the top. Adam's swing looks better than Tiger's imo. He'll take down a major, it's just a matter of time.

909 D2 8.5° Fubuki Tour 73x
975f 14.5° DG R300
909H 19° AXIVCore Tour Red 85x
690.mb 3-pw DG S300
Z TP 52° and 56° Studio Select Newport 2 34"

I feel there are tons of players on tour with better swings than tiger, when i see it just doesn't look right.
And what's with this he won't change his game to be better? He's amazing as it is, and you expect some little swing thing he doesn't like will make him win? Give me a break. You guys just love to rap on tour guys, for every little thing. They're happy with their game, that is a winners mentality, if they hate their game everyday and try to change it theyre gonna get worse and hate the game.

The reason that Adam Scott had a "down year" is because of his health. He was never fully healthy for any of the majors and it showed. I think that he will have a solid year in 09. I don' think that he will win a major but I definitely expect him to post solid finishes in the majors with at least one top 10 maybe a top 5. Also golfers don't hit their prime until their early to mid 30's which would give Adam some time. I think that he will finish with 2 or 3 majors, probably a Masters and/or British Open.

What's In The Bag:
Explore Cart Bag
Hi-Bore XL Driver 9.5
Launcher 3-Wood 15
Rescue 5-Wood TA1 Irons 4-PW (occasional 2 iron) Wedges 52 & 56 CG10 Lob Wedge 60 Cornado 2

speaking of Adam Scott he played very well in the first round of the HSBC and played decent in the second round. Either way he is definitely in the tournament. Hopefully he has a high finish that he can build on the for rest of the year

What's In The Bag:
Explore Cart Bag
Hi-Bore XL Driver 9.5
Launcher 3-Wood 15
Rescue 5-Wood TA1 Irons 4-PW (occasional 2 iron) Wedges 52 & 56 CG10 Lob Wedge 60 Cornado 2

And what's with this he won't change his game to be better? He's amazing as it is, and you expect some little swing thing he doesn't like will make him win? Give me a break. You guys just love to rap on tour guys, for every little thing. They're happy with their game, that is a winners mentality, if they hate their game everyday and try to change it theyre gonna get worse and hate the game.

I tend to agree with this. It's easy for us to say, "ah gee so-and-so should do such-and-such" to improve driving accuracy, or wedgeplay or whatever, and we assume they are being stubborn or inflexible for not doing so. Well, playing the game the way they do has gotten them where they are now, which is somewhere we'll never be, and I daresay they've made a lot of changes along the way. They're prolly making some changes even now, slowly and carefully, but it's a huge mistake for someone in the top 50 say to be constantly reworking his game in major aspects, they'll just disappear from sight - after which they may or may not come back. Bit of a gamble, no?

I used to get frustrated with Phil, our hometown hero round these parts, but heck he knows his game better than anyone else and knows what he's doing and why. He's a smart enough fellow, IMO, and of course he IS taking instruction to improve - most judiciously I'm sure. Not everyone should play the same sort of game, technically or tactically - and besides, wouldn't it be soooooo boring if they did? Vive la difference !

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

I tend to agree with this. It's easy for us to say, "ah gee so-and-so should do such-and-such" to improve driving accuracy, or wedgeplay or whatever, and we assume they are being stubborn or inflexible for not doing so. Well, playing the game the way they do has gotten them where they are now, which is somewhere we'll never be, and I daresay they've made a lot of changes along the way. They're prolly making some changes even now, slowly and carefully, but it's a huge mistake for someone in the top 50 say to be constantly reworking his game in major aspects, they'll just disappear from sight - after which they may or may not come back. Bit of a gamble, no?

I completely agree, players on tour have the best golf coaches in the world, even if they were too stubborn to see a change for the good, I'm sure their coach would tell/make them change. It's not just a new attitude and shoot 65 68 63 61. You have to have other things, or you will get burnt out. I tell this to people all the time, golf can't be your everything, or when it lets you down, your gonna have a mid-life crisis.

Note: This thread is 5275 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!