IGNORED

76... despite missing FWs and idiot!

Big_M
Note: This thread is 5749 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So today I'm out as a single and end up playing with a couple other fellows, one about 40, the other maybe 60ish. I am spraying my tee shots all over the damn place, but still managing a good score. On the back I hit a great 2-iron hybrid to a par 5 and was left with about 7 foot for eagle. Older guy says... "you ended up in the bunker right"... I said "NO, I'm actually right up there next to the flag..." Then... after he misses his 1st putt and 2ft tap-in I get prepared to sink this eagle putt. He's talking the whole time I'm going through my pre-shot, so I just keep taking practice strokes till he shuts up. Then, just as I take the club back the f-ing guy starts walking around where I can see him... almost right down my line and about 6 feet the other side of the hole. I wait for him to stop, but by then I'm so f-ed up and annoyed that I leave my putt well short and have to settle for bird. Next frigging T-box (I'm already pissed) I'm setting up to hit and he says "don't forget that HUGE sandtrap on the right is like a magnet... .hahahaha" I'm thinking "WTF... why would you say that as I'm about to hit"... his buddy says... "that's a helluva thing to say to a guy about to tee off". When he's up I reminded him not only of the bunker but also of the creek and lake in play... thankfully he found the creek.

I just don't understand how some people can be so dense.... rant over

I guess I should just be happy I managed a 76.

My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

Oh that would have pissed me off too, Big_M. Especially the thing with the eagle putt. And especially since I only get an eagle putt about 3 times a year.

I play with Idea A2 OS hybrids.
But not for much longer .

Oh that would have pissed me off too, Big_M. Especially the thing with the eagle putt. And especially since I only get an eagle putt about 3 times a year.

thanks for undertsanding... I just had to get it out of me. I have missed a lot of eagles this year (and only made 1)... so this really diminished the amount of pleasure I got out of my score which is a great score for me, but I really, really wanted that eagle.

My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

Take a deep breath.......we've all been there, trust me.

Use it as a learning experience - turn it into a positive.

Remember the Nike commercial with Tiger and Earl? Noone will be stronger mentally than Tiger...his dad used to talk and move things and make noise in his backswing to teach him to focus...

Don't let a guy get in your head - laugh at him - tell him your going over the trap!

In the Titleist bag on the ClicGear 2.0:

PILOT: Titleist 910 D2 Axivore Tour Red

3 WOOD: Callaway 3-Deep 13*

Hybrid: TaylorMade RBZ 22*

IRONS 3-PW: Mizuno MP-32

WEDGES: Vokey TVD 54* SM5 58*K

PUTTER: Rife 2-Bar Blade

BALL: Penta 5

Note: This thread is 5749 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!