IGNORED

getting the most out of the range

agengo02
Note: This thread is 5745 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

so i figured out that there is a driving range 5 minutes from work so thats where im spending my lunch for a while. my driver has a dent in it so its pretty sporatic where the ball goes. im thinking about just using my 3 wood (which i hit really well anyways) and really try to hone in on accuracy. maybe practice draws and fades until i get another driver. this a pretty good strategy or should i just keep grinding it out with my driver until i get a new one (maybe months).
Driver through pw & putter

SW & LW

I presume the driver has a dent in the face?

Personally I found that a driver was a key part of my game when I was learning. I always heard that driver was the hardest club in the bag to learn and know plenty of people who leave it in the bag. I found that despite the occassional errant shot 90% of the time I'd put it in at least the fairway, or light rough. I did spend a lot of time on the range with my driver and it really is the basis of my game. If my short game was as good as I am off the tee I'd probably be an 8 handicap or less!

In the Matrix XTT Standbag:

Driver: Biggest Big Bertha 11*
Fairway Wood: Steelhead Plus 3 Wood
Irons: T-Zoid Titanium Insert irons 3-SWWedge: Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.04Putter: Pro Platinum Laguna 34" w/ British Open '04 headcoverBall: ProV1 Rule35 Playing again after a three year hiatus...

Unless the dent in your driver has somehow deformed/altered the face of the club, it will have minimal effect on your ball flight, but is still likely to affect your confidence with it. In either case, your plan is not a bad one. I would recommend, however, that you focus more on overall basics and swing mechanics instead of worrying too much about drawing and fading. You will find that shot shaping is much easier and more natural once you've built a solid, repeatable swing. And don't just pound ball after ball...practice with a purpose & you will soon see results. Best of luck! --LBB

Bag: Bagboy NXO Revolver
Driver: Dymo STR8-FIT Tour 9.5
3w: Nike T405w: Nike T40Irons: Mizuno MP-33 3-PWSW: Nike SV Tour Black Satin 56/10LW: Nike SV Tour Black Satin 60/06Ball: Nike TA2/SPN

To get the most out of the range, you should pretend like you are playing a round (minus the chips and putts)

Walk yourself through a known course, and switch clubs often to get used to having to change clubs after each hit. It is ok to hit a few balls with each club, but I find it hurts more then helps once you are hiting 20+ balls with the same club all in a row.

It does really depend on what you are focusing on though.

I find a "pretend play" bucket really helps with getting used to adjusting your swing, address, ball location for differnt clubs as is required on a normal round.

Taylormade TP 2010 9.5 Fubuki stiff
07 Burner 5W stiff

Adams F11 Ti 3W Adilia NVS Stiff
Bobby Jones 21* & 25* Hybrid
AP1 4-gw
CG14  60*::X forged Vintage 56* Ping b60 putter Balls: Bridgestone B330, ProV, Goals: Shot par over 18 holes, Best shot: Par 5 18th hole, Alling Memorial New haven CT; holed my 2nd shot for an Albatross! (June 20th, 2008)

Note: This thread is 5745 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!