IGNORED

Forum Pet Peeves

iacas
Note: This thread is 6498 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
I really get frustrated when members use one-liners for every reply. I understand that some topics only ask for a few words, and that's ok. But some people put one-liners in for everything and fail to explain their answers where I can understand them.

It's no secret I love to speak my opinions and debate as much as possible.

Most people are good about one-liners here at The Sand Trap, but I've been to message boards where it's all too familiar.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 5 months later...
Saw another one today....using "titty" as short for "Titleist"...I'm not even a bit Titleist fan but come on, is it too hard to type the extra three letters?

• Administrator
Saw another one today....using "titty" as short for "Titleist"...I'm not even a bit Titleist fan but come on, is it too hard to type the extra two letters?

My forum pet peeve is bad math. 8 - 5 = 2?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

hahaha that was a good one...one of ym pet peeves is when a person makes a statement and then everyone pounces on the oppertunity to pick and nip at everything wrong with it...

In My Bag:
Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Ti 454 9*
3 wood: Taylor Made 300 series
5 wood: Orlimar trimetal
Irons: Taylor Made 360 seriesWedges: Cleveland 56*, Tommy Armor 60*Putter: Carbite center shaft

My pet peeve is my inablility to explain something simple in a few words without sounding like a stoned pedealogue mispelling fancy words and failing to get to the point and forgetting to stop explaining even though I know anyone with any sense quit reading 15 words ago.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

hahaha that was a good one...one of ym pet peeves is when a person makes a statement and then everyone pounces on the oppertunity to pick and nip at everything wrong with it...

I don't mind when people pounce on the topic maker as long as they give some explanations as to why they have a different opinion on the matter. People are going to agree and disagree, but it's nice to know why they agree or disagree.

That is a good one though.

My pet peeve is my inablility to explain something simple in a few words without sounding like a stoned pedealogue mispelling fancy words and failing to get to the point and forgetting to stop explaining even though I know anyone with any sense quit reading 15 words ago.

Ironic that you misspelled mispelling . . .

Alan Olson

Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!
Check out our Facebook page!

• 2 weeks later...
What I REALLY hate is when someone starts a legitimate thread on a specific subject, but some poop brain goes off on a tangent and original subject of the thread gets derailed. Then the next dozen posts have absolutely nothing to do with the original question/subject. That really irks me.

What I REALLY hate is when someone starts a legitimate thread on a specific subject, but some poop brain goes off on a tangent and original subject of the thread gets derailed. Then the next dozen posts have absolutely nothing to do with the original question/subject. That really irks me.

So... how about that Michelle Wie?

"I played like shit." -Greg Norman after the '96 Masters.

ok im really REALLY getting sick of quotes. Erik, my man, you do it FAR too often...do you ever post without quoting? quotes are good for research papers and stuff like that, but honestly, quoting the witire post is hardly necessary when its a few inches up...and its not just you, dont take this personally, but people are quoting entire posts just to say "I agree"...its RIGHT FREAKING THERE, WE DONT NEED TO READ IT TWICE

In My Bag:
Irons: Taylor Made 360 seriesWedges: Cleveland 56*, Tommy Armor 60*Putter: Carbite center shaft

ok im really REALLY getting sick of quotes. Erik, my man, you do it FAR too often...do you ever post without quoting? quotes are good for research papers and stuff like that, but honestly, quoting the witire post is hardly necessary when its a few inches up...and its not just you, dont take this personally, but people are quoting entire posts just to say "I agree"...its RIGHT FREAKING THERE, WE DONT NEED TO READ IT TWICE

So right, couldn't agree with you more. I sometimes think some people don't even realize their actually doing it ......

Also, PEOPLE WHO USE CAPITAL LETTERS FOR EMPHASIS, it's starting to make me A LITTLE DEAF.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

• Administrator
ok im really REALLY getting sick of quotes. Erik, my man, you do it FAR too often...do you ever post without quoting? ... quoting the witire post is hardly necessary when its a few inches up... people are quoting entire posts just to say "I agree"...

First off, I almost NEVER post to say only "I agree," and I rarely quote entire posts. Some people do.

Second, I don't like it when people DON'T quote. You see, there's this functionality that takes me immediately to "new posts" (since my last visit) and so I don't always see what's "above" or what someone is responding to. Quoting keeps things in context. I post without quoting every time I'm saying something completely original (like when I'm starting a thread). Outside of that, a forum post is part of a discussion, and I like to be precise about what I'm responding to.
its RIGHT FREAKING THERE, WE DONT NEED TO READ IT TWICE

Train your brain not to look at the quoted text if you don't want to read it. Why are you reading quoted text? It's blue, it is preceded by "Originally posted by" (or whatever the language is), etc.

Just don't read it.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

if you dont need people to read it why post it in the first place? paraphrase or something...why quote them if its not completely necessary?

i also hate sarcastic or "tough guy" remarks made by complete losers who hide behind a screen name...but that one is probably just me...

In My Bag:

To be serious, quotes should only be used 1) facetiously, vide supra ; or 2) when a post is being responded to point by point. Erik's last post is an excellent example of judicious quoting IMHO. What I do hate is when people quote a big block of text, and then go off on some tangent that hardly relates. I don't see such behavior much on this forum.

When I make a vicious, slanderous remark I never use a quote. I find it much more gratifying to keep it general.

Another thing I hate, is when people use Latin words and put them in italics, it's soooo pretentious.

laetus igitur abivit

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

• Administrator
if you dont need people to read it why post it in the first place? paraphrase or something...why quote them if its not completely necessary?

Gee, way to

completely miss the point. I told you not to read them if they bug you. Many others, like me, find quotes contextually useful.

Note: This thread is 6498 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!