IGNORED

Oklahoma Golf

Note: This thread is 5718 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

As the title states, I might be going to Oklahoma this winter (no golf in Alaska in the winter, who would have thought that?) for a week or two and living with my aunt for that time. She lives in Enid, and I was wondering if anyone knows any good courses in that area? Preferably within 20 minutes or so, maybe a little more, but nothing in like Tulsa please

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

i used to spend my summers in Enid... there's a links-style course thats relatively new (built in the last 10years) called Phesant Run i believe... i'm not quite sure, but they might be semi-private. there's a decent 18-hole course in Medowlake Park and a little 9 holer on the far east side of town. i'm not really too sure about the outlying communities. but Stillwater isn't too far away and you can hit up Karsten Creek which is in the "top 100 you can play"
In The Bag
Tour Burner TP 9.5* Diamana Whiteboard 83 X-Stiff, tipped 2"
906 F2 13* Pro Force V2 95G Stiff
Idea Pro Gold 18* Aldila NV 105X
735.CM 3-PW Project X 6.5 Ordered Mizuno MP68 KBS Tour X Vokey Spin Milled 58* Vokey Spin Milled 64* Bettinardi BC-1 33" x77 stand bag Pro V1

• 2 weeks later...

Spent a couple of months in Oklahoma City with my job ten years ago. I played several rounds at Lake Hefner....nice layout.

I also went over to Stillwater and played Karsten Creek once. Super course...highly recomend it. At the time it was ranked in all the golf magazines as one of the top courses....I'm sure it still is or should be.

909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Tulsa, Southern Hills.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

Karsten Creek is great but bring your wallet. I think it's over 3 bills now to play it. Southern Hills is private so good luck on that one. The best way to go is get onto www.golfnow.com and check the discounted tee times for the Enid area. It's a great to play for about half price on some really decent courses. Oh, and bring your windbreaker.
In my Vantage bag:
Driver::905R 8.5*(V2)
3 Wood:Launcher 13*(V2)
Irons:AP2 (Project X 5.5) (3-W)
HybridTWS 19*Gap wedge:CG15 50* Sand wedge:CG15 56*Putter:: XG9 (35")Ball:ProV1X

Karsten Creek is great but bring your wallet. I think it's over 3 bills now to play it. Southern Hills is private so good luck on that one. The best way to go is get onto

I'm a Kansas native, but I've wanted to play Karsten Creek for some time now. But the price has got out of hand, even if you're with a member. Hey joseywales, I love your title ! That's one of my top movies.
play4him

Driver: Titleist 905R
3-Wood: Titleist 904F
Hybrid: Titleist 585 19 DegreeIrons: TitleistWedges (PW,Gap,SW,Lob): TitleistPutter: Bettinardi C04

I had no idea that Karsten Creek had reached that level of cost.

I believe I paid $125 for a Saturday when I played it and the afternoon replay rate was nominal.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Note: This thread is 5718 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!