IGNORED

2008 US Amateur... Pinehurst

Big_M
Note: This thread is 5741 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Went and watched the semifinals today at Pinehurst. Tickets were $15.00, sure wish I could play #2 for that price. In all seriousness though... it was a great time. Unlike a PGA event you can really get up close to the players while watching and walk down the fairways and such. #2 is a great course... can't wait to play it soon. I followed Kittleson (SP?) and Mitchell most of the day, but did watch a few shots from Reed and Lee. Tomorrows match should be good.... Kittleson did a great job staying patient and making pars. Lee looks like his shoulder may be a little sore, but he is supposedly the favorite.

Oh... just checked the DVR and I was on TV a few times... once I'm standing in the fairway behind the player with my shoes off looking like an idiot... why did I have my shoes off... well they had a little bit of pine straw in them, so I was emptying them and itching my foot, then wanted to be still while the player hit... so there I am on camera standing in the fairway barefoot.

My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

LOL thats funny. My dad and I got on T.V. at the Barclay's this week in the PGA Tour event on The Golf Channel. I saw us behind in the gallery when they showed Sergio since we followed him most of the day.

You could get really close at The Barclay's on Thursday. We were right next to Sergio most of the time actually. There weren't many following him at all.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

I got on TV once, it was when there was a tournament at Sahalee (not the PGA the other one). The local newscast asked me what I thought of Tiger Woods and I said he hits it like a "laser"

Sumo 10.5*
R7 Draw 15* 3W
3dx 17* 2H
Pi5 3-PW
Spin Milled Vokey 54* CG11 60* C-01

Note: This thread is 5741 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!