IGNORED

New Orleans

Note: This thread is 5722 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm going to be in New Orleans the first week of December and was wondering:

1. Is it playable this time of the year.
2. What courses are recommended.

In My Bag:
Driver: 905 9.5°, UST ProForce v2 Stiff
4-Wood: 904, 17°, Steel
Irons: 762, Steel
Wedges: Spin-Milled Vokey Oil Can 52/56/60Putter: 34" NewportBall: HX Tour

Yes its very playable that time of year.

It doesn't really get that cold here, there are only a couple days a year where you really don't want to play.

There are plenty of good places to play here and depending on how far outside of the city you are willing to travel there are some fantastic spots.

TPC of Louisiana is nice (they hold a PGA tourney every year) and is about 20 mins outside of New Orleans.

Willowdale which is where I play is about 25 mins outside of New Orleans and is a decent course, but very challenging. Our widest fairway is about 25 to 30 yards and every fairway is surrounded by very old oaks and cypress trees. If you can hit driver all day here you can hit driver all day anywhere.

Belle Terre is 25 minutes west of the city and is the exact opposite being wide freakin' open everywhere.

The City Park course is a par 63 and is always decent, but not fantastic.

English Turn is also pretty nice and is just outside of the city.

Chateau is in neighboring Kenner and is a very pretty course though also kinda tight around the houses.

If you don't mind the travel, Money Hill is a fantastic course about 40 minutes north of the city. Its overall my favorite course in the area and is very tough to beat. Lots of rolling hills, an island hole, and very beautiful scenery and is IMO better kept even than the TPC course.

Feel free to contact me when you are in the area and I'll be happy to show you around.

Certified G.O.L.F. Machine Addict

Note: This thread is 5722 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!