IGNORED

Volunteering for The First Tee

Harry Longshanks
Note: This thread is 5722 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Has anyone volunteered with their local chapter of The First Tee?

I've reviewed the website(s), but can't get very much information on what types of positions are available and what kind of time commitments are required.

I've emailed them a couple of times with no response, and the next step is a phone call. But I was hoping to piece together some minimal information first.

Thanks.

I have had a look at the site too and I would be very interested in helping start something up in Australia if you can find me a couple of email addresses etc?

Driver 9.5* 905T w/ Stiff V2 Shaft
3 Wood 15* 906F2 w/ Stiff V2 Shaft
Irons AP2 3-P w/ Project X 5.5
Wedges Vokey 200 series 52* and SM 58*
Putter Black series No. 1Ball TP Black

I do some work with them in FL. My experience with them has always been great. I have done some teaching with them but not from the golf standpoint. They only allow instructors to do actual training at my local one. But I helped in the class room with some life skills teaching and assisted in organizing golf functions for the kids. It is a great experience. My local chapter asks for a year commitment, so it is rather time consuming. It is not for anyone that wants to just go and help once a month.

But with that being said, I would recommend it to anyone. Each and every location seems to be a little different how they organize their stuff.

Note: This thread is 5722 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!