IGNORED

Driving Nets

Note: This thread is 5732 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well i live in town so I dont have much plave to practice except for chipping, do any of you guys have a net that u can drive golf balls into? and what do you think about them, are they a good investment? I found one a K-mart yesterday for $40 and might get it but not sure

Its not always how you drive the ball, but how it arrives.

Amazing investment for any high handicap/new golfer. I've had one since I started playing about a year ago and it has helped me a lot. Great for getting the feel for your shots the day before a round, or working on them after a round. IMO, a mat + net is an amazing investment that every golfer should have. I'd recommend a high quality net(mine has broke twice) from a local sporting goods store, such as sports authority, dicks, etc. Good luck!
In my bag:
Driver: Tour Burner 10.5 re*ax
3 Wood:R5 XL
Irons:FP Irons 5-GW
Hybrids:Baffler DWS 3,4 Wedges:588 RTG DSG 56º, 60ºPutter:White Hot XG #9 34"Grips: Lamkin Crossline CordsBall: Pro V1x

Alright thanks, they also had one at k mart that was $80 and it looked quite nice, but thats just a little more expensive then I wanted but if thats how much I need to spend then I guess I will have to get it

Its not always how you drive the ball, but how it arrives.

I got mine from Brunson Netting (extremely nice folks, BTW)

The rumor is, that I can tear up an anvil, with a rubber mallet; so I wanted something sturdier than the flimsy one's I found at the golf and sporting goods stores.

I ordered a screen (flat net) and hung it from the rafters on the side of my shed. I picked up a mat from Golfsmith, and I can smash balls until I fall over dead. A few stainless eye bolts, and some aluminum snap link carabiners and it's easy to take down when I want to also.

http://www.brunsonnet.com/index.cfm?...category_id=70

I ordered my net in a heavier HDPE twine (#42 I think), which is UV stabilized so it won't break down in the Texas sun, they made it, and got it to me in just a couple of days (make sure you tell them it's for golf, not another sport)

I wove a piece of pink flagging ribbon in there for a target to aim at.

I can snap a pic of it if you want, shoot me a PM, so I get an email reminder and I'll get one for you this weekend.

In my Sasquatch Tour Bag:

Driver - G10 10.5°: UST Pro Vorce V2 Shaft, Regular flex
Hybrid - G10 21° & 24°: TFC 129H, Stiff flex
Irons - S57 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, PW - Nippon 950GH stiff shaftsWedges - Tour 52°, 60° 56°Putter - 34" TracyBall - Treosoft

I have one from HERE . It's a good one, but I really don't use it much anymore (wanna buy it?). The problem is they give you no visual feedback. Since the ball only flies a few feet, you can't see the ball flight so you don't know if you're slicing, hooking, etc. You could be practicing a faulty swing over and over again and not know it. A driving range is a better option, IMO.

In myBagBoy Revolver: HiBore XL 10.5° ⢠HiBore 3W ⢠Halo 2i, 3i & 4i
MX900 5-PW ⢠MP-R 52-07° & 58-10° ⢠Studio Select Squareback 1

Carl Spackler: This is a hybrid. This is a cross of Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent, and Northern California Sensemilia. The amazing stuff...

Dont you feel it if you hook or slice/hit it fat or thin? Only thing i cant really differ is, if i plan to draw or fade if it actually happens when i hit it. But the basic shot is no problem to feel if its alright or not with a little bit of experience

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW
CG10 50° CG12 DSG 54° & 60°

Here ya go (more pics in following post, with some explanation):

#902 - shows my setup

#903 - shows my mat. It's this one: http://www.golfsmith.com/products/29...9;_Hitting_Mat

#904 - shows how I hang my net. Simple, cheap, weatherproof, and effective. I can take down the net in just a few minutes with standing on a 4 foot ladder.

Irons - S57 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, PW - Nippon 950GH stiff shaftsWedges - Tour 52°, 60° 56°Putter - 34" TracyBall - Treosoft

OK - here we go:

#905 - shows how I set my bag and mat

#907 - shows the bungee that I use to help absorb some shock, and keep the net just taut enough that the ball doesn't whack the shed, but loose enough that the ball doesn't bounce back to me.

#908 - these are the stakes I use. It takes 5 to set it up the way I have it now. 2 for the bungees on the sides, and three across the front.

Note: This thread is 5732 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!