IGNORED

Scorecards from courses

GolfDadRob
Note: This thread is 5698 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

that helps a little, at least with the part of how to keep all that on a little card (ill just give my name a couple lines. But i still dont understand the Up/Down and Sand Saves.

also how do I know the distance I putt? I would have to break out a tape measure and look like a dork every hole.. or is this area made to really just guesstimate the distance?

1st question... shouldn't this be a POLL?

I keep my scorecards... don't know why.... have done so ever since 2006.

I also enter stats into CPU software... have kept track of score online since maybe 06' and have kept stats (i.e. GIR, FW, Putts, SS, etc.) since I got scorecard early this year.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

that helps a little, at least with the part of how to keep all that on a little card (ill just give my name a couple lines. But i still dont understand the Up/Down and Sand Saves.

The S/W doesn't require that you keep all of the stats; you could start with strokes per hole, putts per hole, fairway hit off tee (yes/no), etc. As you get more experience you can get more refined with your records; drive distances, putting distances, etc.

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

• 4 weeks later...
I keep the my most current ones. When I get home, I plan on getting the scorecard software, but will still use the paper ones to track all of my statistics while on the course. Of course, if it is the first time I have played the course, I always grab a blank one for a souvenir as well. It's free anyway!

My bag:

Bag: TaylorMade

Driver: Taylormade Super Fast 2.0 (S)

3W: Taylormade Super Fast 2.0 (S),

Hy: 3 (18*) Rescue, Irons: 4-9, PW, AW TM Burner 2.0, Wedges: Rumar 56 and 60 degree, Putter: TM Ghost Blade

Ball: TM RBZ

Shoes: FootJoy DryJoys

Depends on what kind of round it has been. If it's just practice, perhaps playing with 2 balls I don't care, maybe I don't write at all. At a serious round I keep the scorecard and register it on a website which offers scorecard registration. I haven't been thinking too much about fairway hits, GIR, puts etc. but will probably be doing it more next year. I can register all my scores, shots, GIRs, FIRs, putts etc. on this website, it's pretty useful.

Having 2 scorecards is a very good tip, one for the one you write for, one for your personal statistics. Gives you lots of space to put in those stats.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
or is this area made to really just guesstimate the distance?

Yes, estimate.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

also how do I know the distance I putt? I would have to break out a tape measure and look like a dork every hole.. or is this area made to really just guesstimate the distance?

Good guides for getting distance estimated are your putter and the flagstick. Most flagsticks are between 6' to 7' tall. You can measure your putter for length. I don't go out of my way to measure all the time but more when the opportunity arises. Soon you develop a feel for the distance. I also round up by fives when outside of 10' for stat purposes. So if it looks and feels like a 12' I mark it as a 15'. I feel of all the stats I mark in a round putting distance is one of the most important to learn and use. Why? Because it's the only one you can actually use before your shot. The rest come after the fact.

I actually bought a score book, it tracks all that information and I carry it in my bag when I play ... has all the necessary information right in a sprial bound notebook ...
In my Bag:

Driver: Burner 10.5* Stiff shaft
3 WoodBurner 15* stiff shaft
5 WoodBurner 18* stiff ShaftHybrid3DX (18.5*)Irons: (4-LW):Putter: Rossa Indy SportBalls: Reds

I've kept all my scorecards so far. It's cool to see your improvement (or lack of), for the memories, and also for my stats.

I bring a small pocket notebook and write down my yardages, GIR, putts, etc. Then when I go home I can input them into my computer without having to try and remember how I did on the first hole.

For next season I plan on puchasing Scorecard but right now I'm using the greenskeeper thing.

- Tour Issue Taylormade R7 Superquad TP Matrix Ozik Xcon 5 X-stiff
- Nike Dymo 3 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff
- Nike Dymo 5 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff- Nike Blades 3-PW S300- Nike SV Tour 50* 54* 58* S400- Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Beach- Nike Tour D

I actually bought a score book, it tracks all that information and I carry it in my bag when I play ... has all the necessary information right in a sprial bound notebook ...

Where can I get my hands on one of those?

My bag:

Hy: 3 (18*) Rescue, Irons: 4-9, PW, AW TM Burner 2.0, Wedges: Rumar 56 and 60 degree, Putter: TM Ghost Blade

Where can I get my hands on one of those?

I got mine at a local golf shop ... cost me all of $8 ... I will get you the ISBN later that way you can find one ... (sorry, it's in my bag, which is in my car, which is outside and it is just POURING right now ... BTW - No golf this weekend

)
In my Bag:

Driver: Burner 10.5* Stiff shaft
3 WoodBurner 15* stiff shaft
5 WoodBurner 18* stiff ShaftHybrid3DX (18.5*)Irons: (4-LW):Putter: Rossa Indy SportBalls: Reds

I got mine at a local golf shop ... cost me all of $8 ... I will get you the ISBN later that way you can find one ... (sorry, it's in my bag, which is in my car, which is outside and it is just POURING right now ... BTW - No golf this weekend

cool, thanks! I was looking online at golfscorebooks.com and found one for $15 that you can use for 50 rounds. A lot of good features in it. I'll wait to see what kind you got though before ordering it! Thanks again!

Todd

My bag:

They say that the only stupid questions are the ones not asked, so here goes. Could someone please explain what "up and down" means? Thank you.

In My Limited Edition "Sir Isaac Newton Caricature" Big Bertha Tour Bag:
Driver: Big Bertha Fusion Ft-3
Hybrid: Big Bertha Heavenwood 3h
Irons And Wedges: Big Bertha X-12 3-Sw And
60* Vokey Spin Milled Oil-Can Lob-WedgePutter: White Hot Xg Sabertooth and a Futura Phantom Balls: Hx Hot Bite...

• Administrator
They say that the only stupid questions are the ones not asked, so here goes. Could someone please explain what "up and down" means? Thank you.

Scroll to the bottom here:

http://www.pgatour.com/r/stats/info/xm.html?130 Up and down is that except not with sand. Scrambling is Up and Down + Sand Saves. Some people prefer to call it an "up and down" or at least to say "you got up and down" any time you chip or pitch on and hole the putt.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I knew what up and down was, but not scrambling, now I know.

The Scorecard program looks cool, I might just buy that some day. The better I get, the more interesting and useful is statistics.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

I use a 3x5 card that I make up myself with card stock and a good guillotine-style paper cutter (see attachment). It files much more easily than full-sized scorecards.

Brad Eisenhauer

In my bag:
Driver: Callaway Hyper X 10° | Fairway Wood: GigaGolf PowerMax GX920 3W (15°) | Hybrid: GigaGolf PowerMax GX920 3 (20°)
Irons: Mizuno MX-25 4-PW | Wedges: GigaGolf Tradition SGS Black 52°, 56°, 60° | Putter: GigaGolf CenterCut Classic SP3

Ball: Titleist ProV1x or Bridgestone B330S

Here is a golf glossary that may help with different golf terms http://golf.about.com/cs/golfterms/g..._upanddown.htm

Thank you IACAS

In My Limited Edition "Sir Isaac Newton Caricature" Big Bertha Tour Bag:
Driver: Big Bertha Fusion Ft-3
Hybrid: Big Bertha Heavenwood 3h
Irons And Wedges: Big Bertha X-12 3-Sw And
60* Vokey Spin Milled Oil-Can Lob-WedgePutter: White Hot Xg Sabertooth and a Futura Phantom Balls: Hx Hot Bite...

Note: This thread is 5698 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!