IGNORED

What to do with my Scotty?

Note: This thread is 5659 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

ok - somewhat along these lines

I have an old Santa Fe with a teryllium insert - but the insert has a decent sized gash in it (i'd say about 2/3 inch long - almost on the sweet spot) from the prior owner Anybody know if I can get the insert replaced somewhere? Will the Scotty Custom Shop do this?

ok - somewhat along these lines

First off, great putter, but i do recall seeing on scottys custom shop that terryilliums are so expensive to restore because they put in a new insert, i think thats really your only choice, as no one else sells inserts alone..

|Callaway FT-9 Tour Neutral 9.5 Diamana BlueBoard| TaylorMade TourLaunch 14.5 Matrix Ozik F7M2 X| Adams Idea Pro 20 Matrix Ozik Altus X| Mizuno MP-32 4-PW TTDG S300|Titleist Vokey 50| Tour Issue Titleist Black Ni Vokey SM 54|Callaway X Forged 62 || Kirk Currie Brazos| Callaway Tour IX/...

Ok just a heads up I sent off 3 putters today to Black Oxide:

Newport Two TeI3 Sole Stamp Panita Finish
Newport TeI3 Panita Finish
Santa Fe Blue Torch

Some custom painte fill too. They said 3-4 weeks so, I will post pictures when I get them back.

In my bag:
MP 57's 4-PW KBS Stiff
Ping G 20 10.5* Stiff
Taylormade V Steel 3 and 5 wood

Bridgestone J33 R Hybrid 21* NV Shaft
Mizuno MP Quad Cut 52* and 56* Spinner Shafts

Scotty Cameron Newport Two TeI3

• 2 weeks later...
Just a couple more weeks and these should be back home.

In my bag:
MP 57's 4-PW KBS Stiff
Ping G 20 10.5* Stiff

I'd recommend BOS or George Palombi (geoputters on Puttertalk.com) The guy is fantastic and will give your putter new life.

+1 for George Palombi

Scotty's custom shop is hardly custom... I've said this before and its SOOOO EXPENSIVE I have pics of a Palombi restored putter but I cant double post pics for some reason on this site

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

Well I ruled out Scotty Custome shop because I'm on a thin ice already with the wife about this project and couldn't justify the cost of sending it to the custome shop. For fraction of the price I'll take my chances with Black Oxide. Can't wait to see them.

In my bag:
MP 57's 4-PW KBS Stiff
Ping G 20 10.5* Stiff

• 2 weeks later...
Well I'm glad to report the putter heads showed up today and wow did Black Oxide do a wonderful job. I will post before and after pictures soon.

In my bag:
MP 57's 4-PW KBS Stiff
Ping G 20 10.5* Stiff

Dude...you are killing me.....we gotta see the pics.

I've been following this forum since the start. Pa-leese post the pics!!!!!!

I'm seriously thinking about sending my Red X in for a BOS refinish. I want to make it my UGA "Blackout" putter....(although it's gotta work better for me than when they did the last "Blackout" jersey game).

909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

I'm interested in seeing these shots... I'm big into refinishing sticks and this could make me even poorer than I am

Daniel Duarte
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

Ok all I have to say is wow Black Oxide did a super job and I'll let the pictures tell the rest. Actually my favorite is the Sante Fe Blue Torch Finish, the picture doesn't do the club justice. Here is a link to the pictures.

sorry having issues with shutterfly, i'll hopefully get the pics up soon.

http://joepictures57.shutterfly.com/

In my bag:
MP 57's 4-PW KBS Stiff
Ping G 20 10.5* Stiff

impressive... one of those was beat to SHIT

how was the turn around time?

Daniel Duarte

WOW. Most of those putters were F'd up! They did a great job restoring them, they look brand new!

- Tour Issue Taylormade R7 Superquad TP Matrix Ozik Xcon 5 X-stiff
- Nike Dymo 3 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff
- Nike Dymo 5 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff- Nike Blades 3-PW S300- Nike SV Tour 50* 54* 58* S400- Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Beach- Nike Tour D

Great looking putters there.

You've gotta be happy with the results!!!

Do you think the pricing was in line?

Super looking putters.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

The turn around time was less than what they said, now she did say they didn't have a ton of work so that did help.

The price was a fraction of what it would of cost if I sent it to the Scotty shop.

Yes they were very beat up as I won two of them off ebay and bought one locally. I'm very pleased with the results and would highly recomment Black Oxide. Now time to put them back together with new grips.

In my bag:
MP 57's 4-PW KBS Stiff
Ping G 20 10.5* Stiff

haha we need some more detail than that...

three weeks? a month? 100 bucks?

Daniel Duarte

wow! nice flatsticks you got there! I got 2 at Scotty's Custom Shop and 2 at BOS. I'll post pics as well when they are done.

Active Customizations/Restorations
Order # Putter Name Created Received Updated Status
125***
Button Back Newport 2
Packing Slip
10/17/2008 4:03:46 PM 10/20/2008 7:23:18 PM 10/20/2008 7:23:18 PM In Process
125***
TeI3 Newport 2
Packing Slip
10/17/2008 4:03:50 PM 10/20/2008 7:23:18 PM 10/20/2008 7:23:18 PM In Process

In My Bag:
Driver: R9 TP 9.5°
Hybrids: Idea Pro, 16°, 20°, VS Proto
Irons: TP MB 4-P
Wedges: Vokey SM 50.08 54°, 60°Putter: NP2

Note: This thread is 5659 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!