IGNORED

Home synthetic putting green

cmarkmyers
Note: This thread is 6625 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My wife and all just bought our first house and were very lucky to get a place with a HUGE back yard. Due to the many concessions I made in the process of selecting the home she has agreed to let me put in a putting green so long as it is not overly expensive or large.

After looking at this site: http://www.allprogreens.com/index.htm I see that I can get their 12 x 18 green for about $110. Of course fill, sand, tools etc. will bring that price up. But I am thinking all of this can be done for less than $2000, although it will be a ton of work. Assuming it comes out well I may get some synthetic frindge turf later to add around it.

Is this a project worth doing? Will I actually get a putting green that will allow me to hone my skills? Or am I nuts even thinking I will walk away with a quality product for only $2000?

I know this topic has been discussed before, but I was hoping to get some fresh and updated opinions.

Thanks.

It can be done, be sure of that. I'm not familiar with the work involved behind it, but it can be done. Here are a few brands I found with Google:

Atlanta Putting Greens
BackYard Golf

Many pros use this brand:
Southwest Greens

Jeff Gladchun

In my bag:
Driver: TaylorMade R7 Quad, 9.5°, Aldila NV
3 Wood: Titleist 904F, 15°, YS-6+ StiffIrons: Titleist 695CB 3-PWWedges: Titleist Vokey 252.08, SM56.10 SM60.08Putter: Odyssey White Steel #5 Center-ShaftBall: TaylorMade TP Black / Titleist ProV1xHome Course: Oakland Hills...

It can definitely be done! Personally I do not have a putting green but my friend has one, probably about the size you mentioned (about 10x25) and he said it was a few thousand. I've putted on it a lot and I can say that the quality is amazing. He said that when it was put in he was able to choose from a couple different speeds, and small contours to put in. Anyway its definitely worth it in my opinion.
Northeastern University Golf Team

In Play:
Driver - Titleist 905R 9.5*/Aldila NV 75sFairway Wood - Titleist 904f 14.5*Dynamic Gold S300Hybrid - Cleveland Halo 2Iron(19*)Irons - Titleist 735cm(stainless)/Dynamic Gold S300 (Bent +0.5 degrees upright, +1.0 degrees strong) Wedges - Callaway...

I put in a real green so I am kind of sour on fake ones.Just remember when you go to sell your house you have a green.When I sell I have a nice plush backyard.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

I've got one and I've been pretty happy with it. Personally I think mine is a little too small though (15'x15')

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 6625 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!