IGNORED

degrees upright/degrees flat

Note: This thread is 5665 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

i have heard having irons too flat or too upright can cause a hook or slice. which one goes with which?

*i know that these should be fit a golf galaxy but im just looking to know the basics

Burner 9.5 '09/905R 9.5 V2 HL
906F2 15 75g NV Stiff
735 3 - PW S300
MP R 52.07, 58.12 S300
Original Karsten B60 Hoofer 2

i have heard having irons too flat or too upright can cause a hook or slice. which one goes with which?

I have always heard that too upright causes a draw/hook and too flat causes a fade/cut/slice.

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

From

Performance Center ->
Lie Angle: A lie angle that is too upright can result in shots that are pulled, or go to the left for right-handed people. A lie angle that is too flat may result in shots that are pushed, or go to the right for right-handed people. Having clubs that are at the proper lie can ensure that your shot pattern and shot shapes are as consistent as possible.

Yonex Ezone Type 380 | Tour Edge Exotics CB Pro | Miura 1957 Irons | Yururi Wedges | Scotty Cameron Super Rat | TaylorMade Penta

The guys above got it right. If a club is too upright the heel of the club will grab and cause the face to close and the ball to go left. Too flat of a lie makes for toe heavy turf contact and the face opens sending the ball right. The higher the loft of the club, the more exagerated the effect. Don't ask me why. I'm not sure, it just does.

Note: This thread is 5665 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!