IGNORED

Swing Check

Note: This thread is 6045 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
This article will be published tomorrow: Introducing 'Swing Check' Video Analysis . Check it out!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

BTW, if you care to do some snooping, you can guess what the URL is to our first column, due March 14 or so, if you know that the title of the column is "Jeff Smith."

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Looking forward to it! I plan on taking my DV camcorder out to the course more often. I'm looking for a tripod device that can clamp onto my push cart so I can have it film me while I hit.

• Administrator
Looking forward to it! I plan on taking my DV camcorder out to the course more often. I'm looking for a tripod device that can clamp onto my push cart so I can have it film me while I hit.

I've done things like set it on the bottom of a range bucket, and use a towel to get the angle right. Works okay.

• 4 months later...
  • Administrator
BTW, time to "push" this thread to the top of the stack yet again: who wants to be next to put their swing "under the magnifying lens," so to speak?

Raises hand - sniffs underarm after being on rainge all day - decides it's good - keeps hand raised.

Now All I gotta do is get to the range and do my swing. My miises are 90% left - my misses make up 5/6ths of my golf game - lol.

Jon

3-PW: PowerBilt Grandslam Cavity - OLD (14 yrs maybe.)
SW: Cleavland Clone 56
5w: PowerBilt Grandslam oversized
Putter : PGA ping style

i have several vids of my swing.

care to take a look?

titleist 983E 8.5* Graffalloy Prolite stiff
Taylormade rescue mid tp 16* fuji vista pro stiff
hogan apex tour 2/3-E hogan '4' shafts
588 rtg wedges in 51, 56 and 60 degrees
yes c groove emma putterpro v1x

• Administrator
Raises hand - sniffs underarm after being on rainge all day - decides it's good - keeps hand raised.

Well, get it on video and let's get you on the site.

• Administrator
i have several vids of my swing.

Yeah, email me (erik@ this domain) and we'll set it up. See the first post in this thread to look at the format we typically like to use (6 iron and driver, each from two perspectives).

once me and my golf coach at school get around to taping my swing i'll be more than happy to put it on here. i'm just to lazy to actually tape it.

...and btw, is there any software on the internet that u can look at your swing with? my friend has one and it was really cool, you could check your swing plane, spine angle, all sorts of stuff. i've looked but i havent been able to find any.

In My Bag:
9.5 degree Mizuno MX-500
15 degree Titliest 904F
Mizuno MP-32 3-PW
Cleveland CG10 Black Pearl 52 degree
Vokey Spin-Milled 56.14
Ping i5 Anser

Well, get it on video and let's get you on the site.

Okay - fired an email off to my ounger brother - making sure his computer is ready to accept some DVCam footage - I'll try and get to the range on Saturday Morning.

NOW - my grip on my 6 iron is old and I'm in need of a new one - Should I still do the swing - or wait until it's regripped? I figure swing will be the same no matter what - grip pressure might screw things up though. You also want a quick pic of my grip on the club from over my shoulder - and face on? Jon Also - to add, will you be able to tell swing speed from videos and other information to tell wether I'm maybe using wrong shafts etc?

• Administrator
NOW - my grip on my 6 iron is old and I'm in need of a new one - Should I still do the swing - or wait until it's regripped? I figure swing will be the same no matter what - grip pressure might screw things up though.

Go with a 7-iron. I don't want it to influence your swing. We don't look at grips (your hands or the rubber stuff) too much unless it's really bad (the hands).

Also - to add, will you be able to tell swing speed from videos and other information to tell wether I'm maybe using wrong shafts etc?

Probably not, no... If you can shoot 60 frames per second, though, do that. It leads to better still frames.

Needless to say - all my irons are old hard grips - My buddys going to come with me - he's got newish clubs - I could just use one of those.

What if my swing is so fast the camera can't capture it? like 400 mph?

kidding.

Going to capture it tomorrow - hopefully get it on a comp and cut up for you this weekend.

Jon

Ok - Have some swings taped - have them on CD> just gotta cut up the ones to send and get them to you - We also taped my buddy while we were at it. who knows - maybe can have a "high handicapper swing analasys" article - pointing out common faults and cures etc.

Jonathan

• Administrator
Ok - Have some swings taped - have them on CD> just gotta cut up the ones to send and get them to you - We also taped my buddy while we were at it. who knows - maybe can have a "high handicapper swing analasys" article - pointing out common faults and cures etc.

If we see a common flaw, we try to stress it as it comes up. You can't have ALL the common flaws, after all.

If we see a common flaw, we try to stress it as it comes up. You can't have ALL the common flaws, after all.

Haha! Well true true.

I've been on business the last 3 days and nights - out of town. Got my driver swings ready to email - gotta cut up my iron swings to email as well now. Probably going to do that over lunch tomorrow at work. Weird thing while taping my swings - Its like I had problems replicating my "consistant" problem - which is always missing to the left. I was actually pulling and going to the right a little - had a nice draw once. crazy. But I made sure both my driver hits have the major slice. I did make one change in my swing when I was golfing on Wednesday. I've been scared of slicing and noticed my shoulders are open - so ben trying to keep my shoulders on my target line - tough to do as it's pretty ingrained - but when I did it - my shots were much better. So yes - if anything - promise the driver swings tomorrow. and all info requested of course.

• 1 year later...
  • Administrator
Just one final post in this thread to point y'all here:

http://thesandtrap.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8280

Note: This thread is 6045 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!