IGNORED

Need a game to play with one single digit and 3 bogey golfers...

Dub
Note: This thread is 5668 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Playing in a foursome tommorrow with a single digit who is really playing lights out golf these past few weeks.

The rest of us are bogey golfers....one guy is unreal long with every club but is a bit rusty (wife is almost due & crazy work schedule)....the other guy is steady...he finds most every fairway and hit's it accurately...he's the shortest player but he hits it straight and putts very well. Then there is me...driving the ball well...generally two putting...but irons are hooking/pulling/doing nasty things.

We need some type of game to play...to keep things competitive but fair for all. We all play best when there is something to shoot for and stay lively and sharp about vs. just golfing our own ball.

Any suggestions or variations on old favorites?????
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

"Anyone......anyone........ Bueler ...?"

Straight up skins isn't gonna work....he'll gut us. Need another game, any ideas???
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

I play with a guy on my golf team who is about 20 strokes worse than me, and we sometimes keep a points system. Like GIR- 1 point. 1 putt a Green- 2pts. Fairway hit- 1pt. Stuff like that. Its pretty fun, because I can shoot 79, he can shoot 99, and the pts. system might still be close.

Callaway FT-9 Tour 9.5* with Prolaunch Blue S| Adams InSight XTD A3 15* FW | Adams IDEA a3 hybrid irons | Callaway 52* X-Tour Forged wedge | Titleist Bob Vokey SM56* | PING Day putter

Favorite Ball: Srixon Z Star X

Home Course: Majestic Pines GCage: 16

game called in the chair 3/4 handicaps

you win a hole outright against the others in the group you are in the chair, on the next hole if you win that you get a point - if no one beats you on that hole you are still in the chair and are the only one that can score.

Makes for good banter as everyone gangs up on the golfer playing the best!

"In the chair".....sounds interesting.

I'll suggest it when we get everyone over to the putting green and warming up.

Looks like it's gonna be one of those rounds where we start of at 36degrees and 60 degrees by the turn and then it's going to be in the low 70's at the end of the first round. I'm hoping we go 27 holes today. Doesn't look like much wind is forecasted.....but then again...we are playing in Au gust a.

I would be out there sometime today, had I not forgot about my daughter's parent/teacher conference right after lunch. Had the wife remind me last night. Oh well, always Thursday!

My bag:

Bag: TaylorMade

Driver: Taylormade Super Fast 2.0 (S)

3W: Taylormade Super Fast 2.0 (S),

Hy: 3 (18*) Rescue, Irons: 4-9, PW, AW TM Burner 2.0, Wedges: Rumar 56 and 60 degree, Putter: TM Ghost Blade

Ball: TM RBZ

Shoes: FootJoy DryJoys

I was under the impression you could use your handicaps to be able to play an equally matched game of skins.

Not really. I've found that when you play skins or match play with someone/people that you have to give 2 strokes to on almost every hole, it just isn't much fun. There is too much margin for error for the higher handicap players. Bingo-Bango-Bongo is a good game, because it as much about timing as it is skill.

In the bag:
Ping G5 Driver 9 degree, Ping G10 3-wood, Nike 3 hybrid, TaylorMade R9 Irons 4-AW, Cleveland CG15 56 and 60 degree wedges, Odyssey 2-ball blade putter

I would be out there sometime today, had I not forgot about my daughter's parent/teacher conference right after lunch. Had the wife remind me last night. Oh well, always Thursday!

Thursday is a definite, Todd. See ya there around 10:00.

We wound up just playing it straight away...not games, no bets....just a friendly round. The single digit said he played poorly and shot 82. The rest of us showed up and had fun....suppose that counts for something. Looking forward to Thursday. Course is playing well. Greens really fooled us on some fast putts today.

Dub,

Have you thought about the coin game. You can attach a dollar value to each coin and re-start after the first 9 holes. Read more, here: http://www.golfcoinsplus.com/

This works really well regardless of handicap.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

bingo, bango, boingo

Taylormade TP 2010 9.5 Fubuki stiff
07 Burner 5W stiff

Adams F11 Ti 3W Adilia NVS Stiff
Bobby Jones 21* & 25* Hybrid
AP1 4-gw
CG14  60*::X forged Vintage 56* Ping b60 putter Balls: Bridgestone B330, ProV, Goals: Shot par over 18 holes, Best shot: Par 5 18th hole, Alling Memorial New haven CT; holed my 2nd shot for an Albatross! (June 20th, 2008)

Looking forward to Thursday. Course is playing well. Greens really fooled us on some fast putts today.

Where'd you play?

Even though we had rain last Friday night the Patch and The First Tee are both dry and rock hard. I think it's the result of low humidity and all the wind we've been having. The greens at the Patch are impossible to stick to and fast! Ah yes, Fall/Winter at the Patch is here!

Nike Vapor Speed driver 12* stock regular shaft
Nike Machspeed 4W 17*, 7W 21* stock stiff shafts
Ping i10 irons 4-9, PW, UW, SW, LW AWT stiff flex
Titleist SC Kombi 35"; Srixon Z Star XV tour yellow

Clicgear 3.0; Sun Mountain Four 5

With my son, I play match, but I double my strokes until I'm on the green, then putts count as 1 each. Example: par4, I Drive, approach (and miss), chip on, that's 3 so it's really 6, then 2 put for an 8. He's on in 5 (actual strokes) and 3 putts for an 8, we half the hole. We have a great time, I really have to focus since my strokes are doubled until I'm on, so it's easy to get into trouble quick. You could make it so that for him to lose the hole, 2 of the 3 would have to beat him or something like that, just a thought... jmoc

"Courage is fear holding on one minute longer." Gen. Geo. S. Patton, 5 June 1944

Grom Desert Camo
Dymo HL Driver and 5 Wood
GC Hybrids 3-5 i15 irons 6-pw Tour-W 50*, 54* and 58* wedges White Hot XG Hawk Freak Neo GPS

Where'd you play?

Almost all of my golf this month has been at Gordon Lakes with an occasional trip to The First Tee with my son.

GL's greens are really something.....many of the pins were in tough spots today....especially on the Lake nine. I hit many in regulation but had to sort it out all over again once on the green....making it interesting....ball striking was actually very solid....putting and chipping was taxed heavily. I didn't help myself by overclubbing into a few greens leaving mysel putting from the rear to forward placements.

Almost all of my golf this month has been at Gordon Lakes with an occasional trip to The First Tee with my son.

Did you end up joining out there?

I've yet to go out there to play, even though a frequent playing partner of mine has plays there and likes it. This past weekend I played with a kid who works out on post for the NSA and he splits up his time between GL and the Patch (he lives in town). I want to give it a try, but I'm so cheap and golfing on a budget has limited me lately to sticking with the Patch and the First Tee for the kids. How's your son liking the First Tee? My youngest is currently taking a class Tuesdays (he just turned 9) and so far he's really enjoyed it. He's liking it much better than he did football last year. I guess golf involves a lot less work than football (once a week versus a couple of practices a week plus one game).

Nike Vapor Speed driver 12* stock regular shaft
Nike Machspeed 4W 17*, 7W 21* stock stiff shafts
Ping i10 irons 4-9, PW, UW, SW, LW AWT stiff flex
Titleist SC Kombi 35"; Srixon Z Star XV tour yellow

Clicgear 3.0; Sun Mountain Four 5

Did you end up joining out there?

Yup....did join. It's a great layout in my opinion...plenty of challange and great variety with 27 holes to play. Nice practice area: range, chipping green & putting green. I've go no excuses now. All the folks I've encountered are friendly (staff & patrons). It the long run I'll save a good deal of $$$$. He's really enjoying The First Tee classes...he has one in the morning. I think it really emphasizes how much fun the game can be when they are learning and playing with kids their own age and skill level. It's different than just playing with "boring" old dad. The facility there is super as well as the staff....very well run outfit. I can understand about you son and football....if I could go back to when I was kid and playing football....I'd have gladly traded the August 2-a-day practices for walking 18 holes uphill on every hole.

Note: This thread is 5668 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!