IGNORED

Game getting worse

gasfreak
Note: This thread is 5669 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just wondering if I am by myself by betting worse as the year goes on.I play once a week and try to get to the range every week trying to cure my fade because a lot of the courses I have been playing as of late they dogleg to the left,but that is another story.So what the hell should I do lay off for a while or go at it harder

I took a lesson, a good one with video and software out on the course. Afterwards, I played worse until I got into the rhythm of the new swing, then I played better.

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

practice putting and chipping and watch your score lower in next year.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

For me, the less I play the worse my tempo gets. When I think about and practice having good tempo my scores are better.

In the : Nike SQ Tour Bag

Driver: Speed Pro S Stiff 9.5*
3 Wood: Speed Pro X/ST Stiff 15*
Hybrid: Walter Hagen 21* Aldila NV Hybrid 85-S Shaft Irons: RAC LT2 4-Sand StiffWedge: Z TP 60* Putter: Rossa Lambeau Ball: TP Red Grips: Golf Pride Dual Durometer

I feel your pain..........Sorry. I've been in a little slump lately and I disappointed myself yesterday when I bogeyed the last hole after five straight pars to shoot 80. But I have hope. I've done a little range work but I'm not mindlessly beating balls. I'm varying what kind of shot I'm hitting, kind of like playing the course in my mind and visualizing the kind of swing I want to put on each shot and it seems to be helping. It ain't perfect but my results are ones that I can live with. I think I'm back on track. We'll see. But don't get discouraged. You can come around.

The short game work does do wonders though!

When I was testing the Callaway Hyper x I was hooked up to a monitor. Well, the monitor told me that I am coming around too much on my swing. So.. I make a conscience effort to correct this and address it straighter. Well I did, however, the shot felt wierd, like a pop fly. I look at the monitor and see that I was hitting down on the ball, but to the extreme degree. Fix one thing, and mess up another. Eventually, with practice, all will work out.

I also feel your pain, I had a weekend at a golf school back in June which completely screwed up my game, I almost gave up the game out of frustration. (which is partly why I haven't posted for a while)
I was talked into sticking with it by a couple of guys from my golf league and I have managed to turn it around, I was shooting in the mid eighties almost every round then went to not being able to break 100, now I'm back to low 90's with a few rounds back in the 80's.
I was given a couple of tips by two guys (both single digit handicappers) I was playing in a scramble with and saw instant results, they told me to turn my grip over to make it stronger and close my stance a little and really concentrate on having the clubface square at impact, this straightened all my shots from driver to short irons from a fade/slice to a dead straight or even a slight draw.
My club GHIN handicap went from 15.4 up to 20 and now back down to 18 and hopefully back to below 15 by new year.

Driver: Taylormade R9
3 Wood: Cobra S 9-1
5 Wood: Cobra S 9-1
7 Wood: Cobra S 9-1

Irons: Taylormade r7 Custom Fit (SW-4)

Putter: Taylormade Rossa Monza Spyder

Balls: Titleist Pro V1x

montru,you scores sound exactly like mine to the tee I could shot in the middle 80's just about everywhere I went even courses that I had never seen and the last 3 games my score was 95,105 and 93.Some hole I was hitting so great shots and some holes it was like I had never hit a golf ball in my life,I hit a 3 wood off the deck and I swear it almost went through my legs.I am not going to give up,I can and WILL get better this is my first year playing since middle school so I think I am still OK

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.
I was told to make sure the club face is lying square to the target and then take grip with left hand rotating left hand clockwise BEFORE taking grip of the club so that your left thumb sits just about one o'clock on the grip, then put your right hand on the grip with your thumb pad of your right palm resting on top of your left thumb, recheck clubface is still square then let it rip with a smooth swing.

Hope that helps it certainly helped me.

Driver: Taylormade R9
3 Wood: Cobra S 9-1
5 Wood: Cobra S 9-1
7 Wood: Cobra S 9-1

Irons: Taylormade r7 Custom Fit (SW-4)

Putter: Taylormade Rossa Monza Spyder

Balls: Titleist Pro V1x

Note: This thread is 5669 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!