IGNORED

shaft in Titleist 906F2 18*

Note: This thread is 5636 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I bought a Titleist 906F2 18* with an Aldila NV Fairway 75-s shaft. At first, I absolutely loved this club. As time went on, however, I started really hooking this club. I don't think it is the club head so I would have to assume that the reason is the shaft. I usually play a draw but I have not been hooking my other clubs like I have the 906. My swing speed is only about 100 so I assumed a stiff shaft would allow me to hit a relatively straight ball or, at the most, my normal slight draw.

What I am asking is if anybody thinks my problem is the shaft. If you do think that the reason for the hook is the shaft, is there a shaft I can get that would get rid of this hook. I would really hate to get rid of this club altogether because I think that, with the right shaft, I would love this club again. Thanks for any help.

I have that same shaft in my 3 wood and don't have any problems hooking it -- I either hit it straight or power fade.

In my C-130 Cart Bag:

Driver: Titleist D2 10.5° Aldila R.I.P. 60
Woods Exotics CB4 15° Aldila R.I.P. 70
Hybrids Exotics CB4 17°, 22° Aldila R.I.P. 80 

Irons 4-PW MP-57 Project X 6.0, MP-29 PW

Wedges  Eidolon 52°, 60° Rifle Spinner 6.5

Putter Bettinardi BB12

Ball One Black

Rangefinder Nikon Laser 500"Golf...

So you think it is the head then? I thought the whole point of the 906 was that there is no draw bias. I can't continue using this club the way it currently plays so if it is the head and not the shaft, I will have to be looking for a new 5 wood.

Have you tried looking at your swing as the cause of the slice? That is where I'd look first, not the shaft. Are you hooking any other clubs?

Driver: Big Bertha 460 11* w/ Graffaloy ProLaunch Blue 65R
Woods: Big Bertha 3 and 5 wood stock shaft, Light flex
Hybrids: None
Irons: Viper Tour 4-PW -1", 4* flat
Wedges: X-Tour 52.11*, 58.9*Putter: Classic 3 33"The Thing That Goes In The Hole (hopefully): NXT Tour"30 minutes a day keeps...

Sounds like it's you, not the shaft. I know the NV is a very boardy, stiff shaft, so it's definitely not too flexible for your swing. I may be wrong, but I would work on your swing because that's probably the problem.
In my bag:
Driver: Tour Burner 10.5 re*ax
3 Wood:R5 XL
Irons:FP Irons 5-GW
Hybrids:Baffler DWS 3,4 Wedges:588 RTG DSG 56º, 60ºPutter:White Hot XG #9 34"Grips: Lamkin Crossline CordsBall: Pro V1x

I would agree that it is my swing except I am not hooking any of my other clubs. I have a 3 wood that is not a 906 and I do not hook that. I have had other people hit this club and good players hook it and slicers hit it straight.

Can you trade it in or return it for something else?

One thought -- despite the quality control most manufacturers tout, sometimes they're gonna blow it. Maybe you got a club that just wasn't put together correctly. Maybe demo another of the same clubs and see if the problem persists; if not, tell your shop your club is screwy and see what they say about a refund.

In my C-130 Cart Bag:

Driver: Titleist D2 10.5° Aldila R.I.P. 60
Woods Exotics CB4 15° Aldila R.I.P. 70
Hybrids Exotics CB4 17°, 22° Aldila R.I.P. 80 

Irons 4-PW MP-57 Project X 6.0, MP-29 PW

Wedges  Eidolon 52°, 60° Rifle Spinner 6.5

Putter Bettinardi BB12

Ball One Black

Rangefinder Nikon Laser 500"Golf...

I certainly sounds like the club to me. Is the hosel damaged at all? I used to have the same club but with a YS-6 shaft and it definately didn't have a pronounced draw bias.

23Rounder

Tour Burner 9.5 / RE*AX 60g Stiff
Launcher 13 & 17 Fairway / Fujikura Gold Stiff
MT Pro-C 3-W / DG S300 MP 52.07 Vokey SM58.12 Tracy II, 34" Putter Z-URS or NXT Tour

Note: This thread is 5636 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!