IGNORED

Mizuno Bettinardi BC1 Putter Arrived Today

Note: This thread is 5355 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It came today! Got it right before lunch and I rushed over to the nearest muni practice green to putt with it in the sprinkling rain. Wow, "I can't believe it's not butter!" I holed some nice, long putts - two of them in a row. The softness requires me to pull back the blade a tad further but the feel is incredible. It's also a much heavier than my Anser. We shall see how well I do when I play it this weekend. Stay tuned . . .

In a staff blue  Aerolite III

Razr Hawk 10.5* (BB 63 S)
Orig Steelhead 4W 16.8* (F)
Orig Steelhead 7W 20* (M-10)

JPX-800 Pro 4-pw (XP S300)

MP-T Blk Ni 51.06, MP-T Blk Ni 56.14, MP-T Blk Ni 58.10

Bettinardi BC-1 (34")

TM TP Black

Just so you know:

The BC come in three lengths, 33", 34", and 35". No matter what the style, the corresponding head weight is the same for each length: the 33" is matched with a 355g head, the 34" with a 343g head, and the 35" with a 330g head.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

I see, well, it is substantially heavier than my 1980s Ping Anser which I had been using for years.

Bettinardi BC-1 (34")

TM TP Black

Only had time for 9 yesterday and I putted pretty well. The greens there were slow, though. Today was rain all day so I only hit balls and putted on a rain soaked green. Tee time tomorrow for a full round to see how well this stick does. I am considering removing the yellow ring on the face though. Will simple Acetone do that because I could not even get the acetone to work on my cleveland wedge? I'd also be interested in perhaps having the bettinardi studio do a completely different finish on the putter when it starts to wear a bit or just for something different.

Bettinardi BC-1 (34")

TM TP Black

Congrats! Bettinardi is the man. Hope you like your new one-putt machine.

In my C-130 Cart Bag:

Driver: Titleist D2 10.5° Aldila R.I.P. 60
Woods Exotics CB4 15° Aldila R.I.P. 70
Hybrids Exotics CB4 17°, 22° Aldila R.I.P. 80 

Irons 4-PW MP-57 Project X 6.0, MP-29 PW

Wedges  Eidolon 52°, 60° Rifle Spinner 6.5

Putter Bettinardi BB12

Ball One Black

Rangefinder Nikon Laser 500"Golf...

Wow, I played this local course on Sunday with my sister and her friend, and the greens were absolutely lightning fast. I was shocked because we have been getting so much rain here lately - almost every day for the past two weeks. I cannot honestly recall putting on greens that fast so I asked the golf pro after the round about the greens. He said the "greenskeeper just measured them this afternoon and they are a 12." "Wow, no wonder why," I said.

As to the specifics, I unfortunately had two 3 putts, but I made a long double-breaking 25 footer that was unbelievable! Incidentally, my sister's friend who played with us, and who is of about the same handicap as me, had a Scotty Studio Newport 2 and he had two four putts!!!

Bettinardi BC-1 (34")

TM TP Black

That is a very sweet looking putter.

It'd be cool to get an update to see how well it's working now for you.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

That is a very sweet looking putter.

Thanks. Well, if you had checked out the Golf Talk thread I created, you's see that yesterday I shot my lowest round ever - a 74. I attribute a bit of that to great iron play and nice drives off the tee, but the Betti really never let me down either. I made some major equipment changes a month ago (new Driver, new irons, new putter, new ball) and stepped up my practice time at the range and on the greens. Seems to finally be paying off.

Bettinardi BC-1 (34")

TM TP Black

Thanks. Well, if you had checked out the Golf Talk thread I created, you's see that yesterday I shot my lowest round ever - a 74. I attribute a bit of that to great iron play and nice drives off the tee, but the Betti really never let me down either. I made some major equipment changes a month ago (new Driver, new irons, new putter, new ball) and stepped up my practice time at the range and on the greens. Seems to finally be paying off.

That's cool, but actually my post was intended for retozimmerman, the OP.

909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

That's cool, but actually my post was intended for retozimmerman, the OP.

Hey Guys

Actually I've been wanting to reply to this post again for quite some time now particularly in light of its revival. Just recently I've had to go back to my old putter for some games. This yet again confirmed how happy I am with the Black Carbon. My old Mizuno Tour putter just doesn't compare. Alignment with the black carbon is much easier due to its shape and shaft angle and the grip has, at least for me, a very nice thickness and texture. Only in very wet weather it starts to get somewhat "squishy". I'm also very happy with the weight of the putter. I've compared it to many lighter models and none of them feel so good to me like the BC. For comparison of a completely different kind of putter I've also played with my wifes Heavy Putter mallet putter. That one is certainly a very nice tool as well but personally I find that some of the feel is lost due to the extreme weight. Though I have to say that I haven't played with the Heavy Putter often and it might just be a matter of getting used to. One thing I also like about the BC is its sweet-spot. When you've hit it, it is incredibly soft. When you haven't, it is no desaster but you'll know that you haven't done it quite right. For me that is a very nice thing and actually keeps reminding me to pay close attention to the exact point of impact on my putter - something I can only to easily forget. How are all your experiences after some time with the BCs? Does anybody have another BC model? Cheers from Switzerland Reto
Driver: Mizuno MX-500
Hybrid: Cleveland HiBore 23°
Irons: Mizuno MX-25 4-P, MP-60 2-Iron
Wedges: Mizuno MX 51°, MX 56°
Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi BC1Putter: Mizuno Tour 940

Note: This thread is 5355 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!