IGNORED

Anyone tried the Graphite Design YSQ shafts???

Note: This thread is 5666 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Has anyone out in Sand Trap Land tried the Graphite Design YSQ shaft in a driver??

I have a YS6 (stiff flex) in a Titleist 983E which I like a lot but it's getting quite beaten up now and I was wondering if the YSQ65 (or the 75), also in a stiff flex, would be a good fit as a replacement.

I need to do a bit of research anyhow before deciding but if anyone has tried these (or made a similar switch to something new from a YS6 stiff), I'd really appreciate any feedback.

While I think of it, anyone tried the Grafalloy Axis shaft?? Comments?

Home Course: Wollaton Park GC, Nottingham, U.K.

Ping G400, 9°, Alta CB 55S | Ping G400, 14°, Alta CB 65S | Adams Pro Dhy 18°, 21°, 24°, KBS Hybrid S | Ping S55 5-PW, TT DGS300 | Vokey 252-08, DGS200 | Vokey 256-10 (bent to 58°), DGS200 | Ping Sigma G Anser, 34" | Vice Pro Plus

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Went through a fitting and it's going to get a little expensive for me. After hitting just about everything Ping had to offer at a demo day they ended up fitting me for a new driver, 3 wood, and a couple of hybrids. For driver we are going with the 65g YS-Q, for the 3 wood, the 75g YS-Q, and then the YS-Q hybrid shafts for the hybrids. It's a pretty similar feeling shaft to the YS-6+ which is what I am currently playing in my Hibore XL. On paper the specs look pretty similar. It plays just a tad stiffer than the YS-6+, but is still suited to a smoother swing (like mine). Personally I think it is a sweet shaft and fits me better than shafts like the VS Proto, V2, etc. but that is for my swing. Your swing will be completely different from mine and so it might not work, but if you like the YS-6 it is not a bad one to try. I get a little more pop from it than I do with the YS-6 and still a nice feel. The ball speed was a little higher and the spin numbers were a little lower with the YS-Q than the 6, which helped me get a little extra distance, which I'm never going to complain about.

As with everything though, definitely get fit. It's a great shaft, I also really liked the Quattrotech, but it was spinning a bit much for me. Definitely give it a try though, as well as all the other offerings out there. There is a shaft out there for pretty much everyone. The YS-Q is mine, now it's just waiting on the clubs.

New Driver Ordered
New 3 Wood Ordered
Two New Hybrids Ordered
I-701 Irons 5-PW w/ Rifle 5.0
Callaway X-Forged Vintage Wedges 50/12, 54/14, 58/10 (C-Grind Sole) w/ Rifle 5.5Yes! Marilyn 33" Z-URS ||| SkyCaddie SG 2.5 ||| Clicgear Model 2.0

Note: This thread is 5666 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!