IGNORED

Indoor Golf Simulators

gripitandripit
Note: This thread is 5955 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Anybody here play indoor golf? Being in Indiana, there's an offseason of about 4-5 months. Last last few winters we've played simulator golf quite a bit. Its fun to play, but I don't consider it "real" golf. I've been told by many people that its accurate to outdoor golf (what you shoot outdoors is what you'll shoot on simulator). I've found that I adapt my game to the video golf to score as well as possible, but as soon as I get out to the range or the course, none of it has helped. Anybody else agree or disagree?
In the bag:

Callaway Big Bertha 454 9* w/ Aldila NV 65-S shaft
Callaway Big Bertha 3-Wood
Titleist DCI 981 irons Cleveland 588 60* and 64* wedgesOdyssey White Hot #5 center shafted putterBridgestone B330/Callaway HX Tour balls

• Administrator
Anybody here play indoor golf? Being in Indiana, there's an offseason of about 4-5 months. Last last few winters we've played simulator golf quite a bit. Its fun to play, but I don't consider it "real" golf. I've been told by many people that its accurate to outdoor golf (what you shoot outdoors is what you'll shoot on simulator). I've found that I adapt my game to the video golf to score as well as possible, but as soon as I get out to the range or the course, none of it has helped. Anybody else agree or disagree?

Rafi may not want to hear that...

I don't play indoor golf (PS2/GameCube doesn't count here I guess), but I would occasionally if I had the chance to do it. No sims around Erie, PA though.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm a big fan of simulators (actually thinking of going into a business of running a virtual golf center...), but I'm realistic too - of course it's not the same, otherwise we'll all play on simulators, why be depended on the weather? Same way as latest Playboy issue will be always worse than a date
But seriously - I think real value of sims is in swing analysis and custom fitted equipment based on the information recorded by the launch monitor/high speed camera hooked up to it. Playing a round at Pebble Beach is sure nice (and it's definitely more fun than PS2/Game Cube ) but it's never going to be close the the "real thing"...

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm a big fan of simulators (actually thinking of going into a business of running a virtual golf center...)

You're the man. I'd like to do the same thing. However, the good simulators are expensive as hell.

I've noticed they have a lot of centers in Europe though.

Matt Karlak
a.k.a. The Undaunted Duffer

Driver: GT Xtreme
3 Wood: EVO5 Wood: Tight LiesHybrid: 3 ironIrons: X16's 4-SWPutter: AnserBall: DT SoLo

• 1 year later...
For Some reason when ever I get into one of those things I hit the ball right with a fade. But outdoors i rarely fade the ball unless i need to. Does anyone else have this happen?

Guys as an owner of The Golfers Academy in Burlington, Ontario which is an indoor golf training center (not a bar atmosphere) I must say if you are going to research the indoor golf craze the only advise I give you is to look for the aboutgolf simulators in your area. We have this system in our center and it uses the radar tracking center and not the old infra red tracking devices which looses data as your ball is hit. This system has very good tracking on the range giving you everything you need such as distance, Vertical launch, Ball spin, Smash Factor, and much more. Enjoy your next session in an indoor golf simulator center. If you ever visit Burlington Ontario look us up http://www.thegolfersacademy.com

Taylormade Superquad 9.5
Taylormade hybrid 3, 4,5
MP-57 5-P
Cleveland 56 & 60
Scotty Cameron PutterPro V-1

Working at golf galaxy it is pretty nice to have simulators to hit in to keep my swing smooth through winter and make the spring swing easier to get at the beginning of the year. I love using them.
What's In The Bag?

Driver - Rapture 10.5 Epic 68g X-Pure - Balance Certified
Fairway Metal - Titleist PT 18°
Irons - Mizuno MP-67 3-PW Project X 6.0 Wedges - Mizunos R Series Chrome 52°, 56°, 58° Project X 6.0 Putter - Yes! C-Groove Callie-f - Balance Certified Bag - Ping Freestyle...

Note: This thread is 5955 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!