IGNORED

How Many Balls Would it Take You?

iacas
Note: This thread is 6561 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. How many balls would you need to hit the TPC of Sawgrass's 17th?

• Just one. It's not a small green.
    • Two, on average.
    • I'd save a sleeve for 17.
    • I'd buy a box just for this hole
    • I'm hitting one and immmediately going to the drop zone.

To me that is a somewhat easy hole. Knock down 8 iron to keep it out of the wind.

My home course, Greyhawk Golf Club, in LaGrange, OH has an island green that I play every day. It plays 180 yards from the tips and 164 from the blue tees where I play. With the wind (which there is a lot of) it can play anywhere from an 8 Iron to a 3 iron.

Every so often when I play with my father in law (like yesterday) I will play from the whites. It was a knock down 9 iron because the pin was red.

You can see a picture of it at http://www.greyhawkgolf.com/

What's in my bag
Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5 degrees UST Proforce 65 shaft
3 Wood: Taylor Made V Steel 15 degrees
Taylor Made Rescue Dual 22 degrees (UST IROD shaft)
Irons: Mizuno MP-67 (bent 1 degree upright)Gap Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle 52 Sand Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle...

• 1 month later...

Just the one ball if i hit it straight, its only a pitching wedge for me and im pretty good with distances, 2 balls if one is hit on the toe or heel.... nice thread by the way gets everyone involved

Bubba Watson

In the Bag:

Driver: Titleist 910d3 9.5* Stiff Projext X-7A3 Rescue: Taylor Made Burner TP 20* X-stiff 3 Iron: Titleist AP2 Projext X Rifle Irons: Titleist 710mb NS PRO 105T Stiff Wedges Cleveland CG12 60* Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 56.07 Cleveland CG14 52* Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron Studio 2.5 (2008) Ball: Titleist Pro-V1

One ball, we have and almost island green on my home course and it plays 135- 180 yrds. heavy cross winds make it very tough to hit.
I don't think about water hazards, only need the yardage to center of green.

R7 9.5 S Shaft
560 R7 quad R shaft
RAC LT irons
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum

I said I would save a sleave only because I assumed it was under the pressure of a major tournament event. I think that is a key part of the question. Sure we can all make great shots at our home course with our normal buddies. But with milliions on the line and millions watching, that is why pro's struggled its more mental then physically difficult.
My Bag
Driver: Dunlop Invicta 10.5˚ (Graphite Shaft)
3&5 wood: Lancer Oversize (Graphite)
Irons: Titleist 990 (Steel)
Wedge: Ram FX 57˚(Graphite)Putter: Ram Accubar AB-2Ball: Nike Juice

I put that it would only take me one. I mean come on people it is not a long hole and with that kind of yardage I expect to hit the green. But I have been known to hit a "errant shot" so I dont really know until I do it. I have played the Tour 18 course in Humble, Tx and it has the replica of this hole. Everytime I have played it I have hit it the first time. I dont know if that is luck or I havent experienced the winds of the real thing. I hope I get to play the real thing someday. Ive heard it aint cheap!

Ace Adair

904R 10*
I3 4 Wood 17* G5 Hybrid 22* CG-4's 4-PW Vokey Design 200 Series-- 50*, 54*, 58* G2 Anser Putter 35" ProV1 Hoofer 3 Bag "Putts get real difficult the day they hand out the money." -Lee Trevino "You are one evil, cunning woman. It's a massive turn on."--House...

One, maybe two. It all depends on how I am hitting my irons at the time.
My Clubs
Driver: HiBore XL 10.5*
3-Wood: SS-01
Hybrid: 503H 22*
Irons: Deep Red II TourSand Wedge: CG10 56*Lob Wedge: CG10 60*Putter: V Foil GT M6.4KBall: ProV1

Note: This thread is 6561 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!