IGNORED

Forrest Oaks Country Club

NCGolfer
Note: This thread is 6539 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

In a couple weeks, April 29th to be exact, I'm scheduled to play an interclub match out at Forrest Oaks Country Club , the site of the Greater Greensboro Chrysler Classic. I've seen this course numerous times from the other side of the ropes. It will be fun to play it and see it from the player's perspective. I doubt we will be all the way back...I wish we would just for fun but I can't complain because we are paying a reduced rate (cart fees I believe) to get on.

I'll post back after I have my round and give you my impressions hole by hole...or even blow by blow.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 3 weeks later...

Let me preface this by saying we played from the white tees which were around 6300-6400 yards...not championship length by any means.

I played well for 13 holes and had it to -1 at that point. I bogeyed 3 of the last 5 holes though coming in. I wasn't too upset with a 74, but it should have been much better given the lenght of course. I was forced to hit a lot of 3 woods off the tees because of doglegs and trouble if I hit driver.

The course itself was in pretty good shape. The rough hadn't come in yet since the heat hasn't kicked into high gear to make the bermuda grow. Fairways were a bit beaten up in spots, but nice and tight in most areas.

The greens were magnificent and some of the best I've played on. They seemed very firm as you walked on them, but were receptive to shots. Putting on them was superb because I never got a false read. If I hit a good put, I was rewarded...and vice-versa. They were quick and undulated. Davis Love III did most of his re-work of the course in the greens and has added lot of tiered areas and slope to them. Very nice. The bunkers were also probably the best I've ever played from. They had a solid base of sand and a nice, lighter top layer that was easy to hit out of. In other words, you didn't lose balance waking into the trap...

Overall, it was great to play and interesting to see it from a different perspective. I'd love to go back and play from the championship tees and see how it plays with a driver in your hand for most of the course. I only hit it 4 times that I can remember. I know a 74 from the 7100-7200 tees would be a much better score from there...

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 6539 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!