IGNORED

Mid-Range Ball

Note: This thread is 6571 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Any one recommend me a mid-range ball that is not so expensive yet soft in feel?...two piece or three piece is fine...thanks...
Handicap Index: 16.4
Driver: Taylormade Burner 9.5 Degree
Wood: Nike Sasquatch 2 , Honshin Wood
Hybrid: Taylormade Rescue Dual 22 Degree
Iron: Macgregor Mactech M685 (4-PW)Wedge: Honshin Professional Wedge 56 Degree , Adam Golf Tom Watson 2007 Wedge 60 DegreePutter: Honshin PutterBall: Taylormade TP/Red

In a pinch, I usually go for the Titleist NXT Tours or Callaway HX Hots. Lower compression makes them feel softer than the average distance ball, and nice quality and finish. Both usually go for about $24-$26 a dozen. Though distance-oriented, they maintain enough feel around the greens to score well with.

The low-compression balls (Mojo, Loco, Noodle, etc) are also nice and are even cheaper, but I find that I lost touch around the greens. (They sometimes "jump" of the clubface when pitching and chipping.) Putting is a little dicey too, as it's harder to judge distance on the longer putts. (They sometimes "jump" off the putter face, too...) This class usually goes for just under $20.

"I played like shit." -Greg Norman after the '96 Masters.

Ben Hogan "The Hawk"

Soft feel, decent spin, very durable, youll like it. You can go to Golfsmith and order an assortment for 17.99, youll get some Ben Hogan "Tour Deep" which is about 39.99 a dozen and youll get some Ben Hogan "The Hawk" balls which are 24.99 a dozen. You cant go wrong though.
Driver-Taylor Made R7 460cc 10.5* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Fairway Wood-Taylor Made R7 Draw 15* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Hybrid Taylor Made 19* Rescue Mid Steel Stiff
4-PW-Golfsmith G40 TT Lite XL Stiff
GW-Ben Hogan Riviera 8* Bounce 50*SW-Ben Hogan Riviera Medium Bounce 56*LW-Cleveland 60* 588 ChromePutter-Taylo...

I just tried out the Bridgestone e6 (switched from the NXT-Tour). Three piece ball for $24.99/dozen. Its "suppose" to reduce hooks and slices (although I seem to hook a few shots quite well). My personal mid-price favorite was the Precept U-Tri Tour but they are no longer available. :(

Alan Olson

Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!
Check out our Facebook page!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

what do honshin clubs look like, i know kasko and some other azn brands but thats about it.

they look like a golf club??...

Honshin is a custom made club maker and so far no problem with them...
Iron: Macgregor Mactech M685 (4-PW)Wedge: Honshin Professional Wedge 56 Degree , Adam Golf Tom Watson 2007 Wedge 60 DegreePutter: Honshin PutterBall: Taylormade TP/Red

i bough a bridgestone e6...will test it out tml and will give a brief review...

meanwhile any one use them?...how you think about that ball?...

i use to use utri tour, at my golf galaxy, black max is 30 buks and nike platinum is 30 buks and utri tour is only 20 buks. Cheaper balls, I do like the srixon balls, all of them are good and the hi spin goes a mile, hrx is very good to0. Also if you want yardage bridgestone is where to go, if you want spin go get utri tours, precepts are nice. The HX hot is really far, i mean far, but it spins like a molitor.

i tried e6 yesterday...but this review cannot be count...played badly yesterday...overall, if i hit the ball fly high and stright...love the feel of it...the best is my short game...it contact with my club is excellent, love how it hit of it and managed to 2 putt for most of the hole however my long game fail me yesterday...

The precept U-Tri feels like a Top Flite when you putt. Anyone else notice that?
Driver-Taylor Made R7 460cc 10.5* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Fairway Wood-Taylor Made R7 Draw 15* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Hybrid Taylor Made 19* Rescue Mid Steel Stiff
4-PW-Golfsmith G40 TT Lite XL Stiff
GW-Ben Hogan Riviera 8* Bounce 50*SW-Ben Hogan Riviera Medium Bounce 56*LW-Cleveland 60* 588 ChromePutter-Taylo...

I have been playing with the e5's so far this year and have been pretty impressed with them. They really do go a long way off the driver, have a great feel around the greens, and scuffing has not been a major problem. I think I might buy some e6's though for when I am having a side spin drive day, see if they really can straighten it out or not.

I see some B330s in my future though, want to give the whole Bridgestone line a try this year.
IN THE BAG

Driver: R580 W/ Fujikura VistaPro Eighty S Flex
Woods: 15* 300 series R80
Irons: TaylorMade RAC LT T Step Professional 110-gram steel RegularWedge: TP Rac Black Y Cutter 52/8 56/12Putter: Nubbins M2Ball: Bridgestone e5Course: League @ Bedford Hills

bridgestone seem to produce good quality yet affordable golf ball...nv had a chance to test their club though...

Target has the U-Tri Tour on sale for $19.99/dozen (regular price $22.99/dozen). I found them at a SuperTarget (I checked a couple of regular Targets and they did not have them).

Alan Olson

Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!
Check out our Facebook page!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 6571 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!