IGNORED

Hybrid - did you like it right from the start ??

kregan
Note: This thread is 5526 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So I got out to the course this weekend and hit the hybrid a few times.

1st shot:
9th hole, Par 5, second shot, sliced it but it landed in a good spot, not a great start

2nd shot:
13th hole, par 4, going for the green, cut across it and made a mess.

3rd shot:
17th hole, par 3, 196 yards, nice shoot and lands 5 feet to the left of the green pin high, chip and putt for par.

4th shot:
18th hole, par 4, second shot about 189, another nice shot but the high wind made it drift a hair right off the green but again pin high, chip and putt for par.

I guess I will keep it in the bag for a while.

Kelly

www.finescale360.com

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have a 2 Hybrid and I am off and on with that thing. I just have to remember to take a nice and easy swing with it and it makes the ball fly, anything other than a nice and easy swing though and the ball goes nowhere. Anyhow like I said I am off and on with mine, I would rather just use an iron.

What's in my Nike Sasquatch Tour Stand Bag:

L4V 9.5F Driver
909F2 13.5* VooDoo Stiff Flex Shaft
VR Forged Split Cavity 3-PW Custom Newport 2.6 Vokey Spin Milled 56.11 Wedge 60.10 SV Tour Wedge Diablo Golf Balls / ZIP Golf Balls SG 2.5

Ditto, I have tried quite a few but have a love/hate relationship with them. I keep going back to my V-steel 5 wood. I know they say that we should swing the hybrids like irons but it's been difficult for me to be consistent throughout the season with the hybrids.

Driver: Ping Rapture V2 9° TFS Stiff | 3 wood: Exotics CB 15° Fujikura HL Stiff | Hybrids: Adams Idea Tech V3 16° Stiff, TM Burner Rescue 19° & 22° REAX Stiff | Irons: Titleist 735.CM DG S300 5-PW | Wedges: Vokey Oil Can 254.10, 258.08 | Putter: Rossa Imola 34"

I was never very good with using fairway woods from the fairway, sad as it is. That made me practice my irons until I could hit them solidly. In Janruary I purchased new irons. Not the smartest thing I've done. With my old set I had a 2i that I could hit well. I was pretty consistant with my long irons.

To make up for the fact that the new set didn't offer a 2i I started looking at the Hybrids. I found a Cobra Baffler DWS 2/R on Ebay for a steal! I took it to the range and after 5 swings I was hooked. I get the distance I expect, ball flight to envy, and forgiveness I didn't expect. I immediately started looking at replacing the 3i that came with the new set. This weekend I took my "new" (to me that is) Cobra Baffler DWS 3/R out to the course. I got the chance to use it once (used the 2 more often). I was faced with 190yrd 2nd shot on a long Par 4 to an elevated green. The ball landed soft on the green within 3 feet!

The only time I have trouble with the Hybrids is when I swing it like a wood, or the ground is very wet and soft. The latter just smooshes the ball into the ground before it takes off.

LD F Speed 9.5 Driver Stiff
MX 700 3W Stiff
MP Fli Hi 2, 3, 4
MP 52 5i-9i
MP-T 47.06, 51.06, & 58.10 White Hot XG Teron Putter ProV1x ShoesQUOTE:"I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones" - Terry "The Wedge Guy" Koehler

Got my first round in yesterday with my new 4 hybrid.

The club performed wonderfully time and time again. It's as easy to hit as my 8 iron (probably flies as high) and covers a lot of ground.

Hardpan lies....no problem.

Fairway bunkers....it shines.

It is a great trouble club.

Even though it is the square type, I've found that it will hit a draw when I do my part. I haven't tried to cut it....don't really have too due to it's already high ball flight and soft landing.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Note: This thread is 5526 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!