IGNORED

So much talent!!

KwSipp
Note: This thread is 5538 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I hate to be rude but honestly I cant believe Im getting negative replys by guys/girls that have handicaps higher than my grandmothers age I mean cmon I was just ranting about the fact that TODAY there is more(quantity) talent than there was 10 years ago. Define "talent" as you will but I can bet most of you people with the negative comments havent even seen True talent before, I mean just because these guys arent on tv doesnt make them less talented than any one that is.... Im done speaking bye bye

Well as a crap golfer, I like to go to my local par 3 course, I don't want to watch talent, I want to watch duffers hitting tee shots into bushes etc, what can I say, ones mans golfing misery is another mans elevation into the 'well i'm not that bad category'.

If I wanted to watch talent, i'd watch the PGA tour.

I hate to be rude but honestly I cant believe Im getting negative replys by guys/girls that have handicaps higher than my grandmothers age I mean cmon I was just ranting about the fact that TODAY there is more(quantity) talent than there was 10 years ago. Define "talent" as you will but I can bet most of you people with the negative comments havent even seen True talent before, I mean just because these guys arent on tv doesnt make them less talented than any one that is.... Im done speaking bye bye

you are definitely getting some strange responses in this thread...

Strange responses how? When 150 college players from all around USA gather to a tournament I expect them to be great players, better than by far. My point is that they practice golf at school, I'd be more surprised if they had a bad swing. Also, of course there is talent, those playing professionally have got the quality to edge out most of the players. Still, you can't see from a swing whether a player will become professional or not.

There are many great players, we only see a very small percentage on TV, but they are so good because of lots of practice and instruction. I believe that anyone dedicated to golf can become a great player. Defining a handicap is of course impossible, but better than most? Absolutely. When I see what so many players can achieve without lots of practice and instruction, why shouldn't anyone with dedication and a will to become a good player be able to?

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

How could he tell they were talented? I was simply pointing out that they could be that good because of lots of work, not necessarily because of talent, which is a difficult term to define.

Edit: That said, "talent" can be read differently from person to person, which is probably why this thread got a bit weird.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think you cant call any of these players talented unless you know how they got to where they are at this very moment.
Some people arent talented/gifted, but work very hard to achieve their goals - others work less hard and still achieve the same level, cuz they just have more talent and then there are these people who have both, great grinding skills and talent.

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW
CG10 50° CG12 DSG 54° & 60°

Edit: That said, "talent" can be read differently from person to person, which is probably why this thread got a bit weird.

I think it's pretty obvious that the OP was simply referring to good players being impressive. It wasn't a post about whether natural gifts were on display because how could you tell?

In any case, in golf, the "nurture" outweighs the "nature" anyway.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Ouside of World Woods Jovita is our favorite place to play in Florida.

You should try "The Dunes" on US19 in Brooksville if you like the World Woods Pine Barrens course...very similiar and half the price, excellent condition...just as good as World Woods the last time I played.

World Woods can keep the Rolling Oaks course though, I felt ripped off.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

You should try "The Dunes" on US19 in Brooksville if you like the World Woods Pine Barrens course...very similiar and half the price, excellent condition...just as good as World Woods the last time I played.

i actually prefer Rolling Oaks over Pine Barrons. but most people feel the opposite

How could he tell they were talented? I was simply pointing out that they could be that good because of lots of work, not necessarily because of talent, which is a difficult term to define.

good lord, how about if the OP was just inspired by seeing "

Good Golfers "? would that have been a better way to describe the players he saw??? sheesh, natural ability or not, he was inspired by their skills .

i actually prefer Rolling Oaks over Pine Barrons. but most people feel the opposite

I played Rolling Oaks once with a customer, he loved the course and had played it many times, he liked it better than Pine Barrens. Rolling Oaks just seemed like a typical Florida course to me. jmho

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

good lord, how about if the OP was just inspired by seeing "

I agree, most people think they could be Tiger only if they had the chance....

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx 15* - X flex

Ok just to clear some things up Texas tech won the tourny after battling out florida southern in a playoff, there were many under par scores for the weekend and I had a blast watching all the young talent... and yes I said talent, shoot me lol, no hard feelings to any of you guys again this was just a rant but as far as Im concerned when you can come out on a course that is as challenging as lake jovita and go 67-67-73 you have to have talent at the age of these guys. And thanks to all the guys backing me on this thread

Driver Tit 907D2 9.5 aldila spec grid 67s
HybidTit 585H 19* s flex
IronsTit 775cb 3-pw
WedgesTit vokey 52* 56* 60*
Putter Rife Barbados 35" winn mid pistol gripGolfballBridgestone B330-s/taylormade tp black/titleist prov1x

Note: This thread is 5538 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!