IGNORED

Sky Caddie .... WOW

Note: This thread is 5532 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Spackler-esque, maybe take some points from denver_nuggs_15 and articulate a decent response with YOUR opinions and point of views.

The point is that opinions are irrelevant when passed off as fact, as seems to be your only MO. If you want to keep lying, fine. Have fun.

This is a forum for discussion. Now go change your Tampon.

No. A discussion involves civil discourse. You're practicing Bill O'Reilly discussion tactics which involves calling names, yelling louder, and generally making shit up and passing it off as fact.

You really are a sad individual. You're not worth it. I'm done feeding the troll.

My rhetoric is more defensible than your rhetoric. I feel bad for the guy who asked the question and got a display of debate.

I like the sky caddie. Lasers I find to be like riverologist, more bullshit than anything.

Driver: Adams 9015 proto (ozik matrix shaft)
3w: TM V-Steel 15* grafalloy blue (42 inches)
3-pw: Miura Tournament Blades w/ rifle 5.5
wedges: 588 Clevelands 47* 51* 56*
putter: Scotty Cameron oil can (97)

Coles Notes Version on GPS/Rangefinder gathered from the thousands of other posts already on here. Hope this saves you the time of using the search feature.

Being a GIS Analyst and having a great understanding of how GPS works, clouds have no major affect whatsoever on signal.

Change your name to Mr. GPS Grump. You act like your wife left you for a GPS unit. Anyhow, I purchased the SkyCaddie SG4 a week ago and I can't wait to get using it. Rangefinders need a clear line of sight. GPS doesn't. (291 posts)

---"Be the ball"---

IN THE Hoofer Vantage BAG:
Driver: F-Speed 10.5°, Aldila NV-F
Woods: F-Speed LD 3 & 5, Aldila NV-FIrons: S9 3-PW, NS-Pro 900XH SteelWedges: CG10 52° & Spin Milled 56.10Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Ball: Pro V1x SG4

Being a GIS Analyst and having a great understanding of how GPS works, clouds have no major affect whatsoever on signal.

My thoughts exactly.

I too have a huge understanding of GPS and thought the statements were made more from hearsay rather than personal experience. I'm a pilot of 37 years who uses GPS often, and also have a great deal of I.T. knowledge. Kinda made reading some of his statements very comical.

The point is that opinions are irrelevant when passed off as fact, as seems to be your only MO. If you want to keep lying, fine. Have fun.

I never once claimed anything as fact. Of course its my opinion, you dolt. As for civil discourse, go reread your own posts. You didn't post one comment to the actual discussion of the topic of this thread, simply just attack me for my tone. Who is the sad individual?

Thanks for the cameo appearance, but what's with all the name calling? It's a forum about golf. If we are going to have a sensible discussion/argument, then none of us can name call. It does not add anything to the discussion.

Denver, not sure what thread you were reading. Pretty sure I was called a Noob, a troll, bullshitter, an Ass and a liar, first. I made one comment on how everyone seems to have the sensitivities of a woman AFTER being called those names. If they can't take my tone, they take themselves wayyyy to seriously to be on any sort of open forum. Included yourself.

And that's fine. Just don't state your (and others') opinions and try to play it off as fact. Like I said, there is no single answer for the problem of finding distance.

How you got the conclusion that what I said (or what anyone says on here for that matter) is 100% factual is beyond me. I never claimed such, you guys claimed I did. I didn't think I needed a disclaimer at the end of all my posts.

The review was posted May 2005. It's now March 2009, almost 4 years later. Software on GPS units have been updated greatly since then. Hence, the 2.0 update for SkyGolf.

Your opinion is what it is, an opinion. The fact is I purchased my SG4 for $164.99 and that itself is a great deal for any GPS/rangefinding device. This thread was opened to discuss long-term viability of using a GPS unit. Your response was vulgar and inappropriate. Then, you proceeded to insult the original thread author about not searching to find an existing thread on GPS/SkyCaddie. Your 27 posts at that time gave you no right to criticize someone about starting another GPS thread. Your problem lies with GPS units, not with someone creating a repetitive thread. Why aren't you attacking me and others for our Scotty Cameron threads? They happen often on here. How about people asking for ball and shaft recommendations?

---"Be the ball"---

Woods: F-Speed LD 3 & 5, Aldila NV-FIrons: S9 3-PW, NS-Pro 900XH SteelWedges: CG10 52° & Spin Milled 56.10Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Ball: Pro V1x SG4

fight fight fight fight =] jk

this is hillarious

I think he needs to go back to the "other site"

Cause in my experience thats how they act over there

I posted a topic about louisville golf clubs cause i thought they were cool and it was around christmas time and i thought theyd make a great gift being personalized and made of wood and all

someone replied to my post with something like " NOT AGAIN" and then it got deleted and a mod PMed me and said something along the lines of " my sales pitch was not wanted at their site and for me to read the rules and not do it again"

?????? sales pitch lol i just thought i was sharing lol so since then i never posted there again haha

FAIL

r7 draw driver 9.5* stiff shaft
Big bertha 06 irons, 4-sw
56*vokey spin milled 10*bounce
Victoria ;)
tp black balls cart bagJack nicklaus Golden Bear 52* and 60* wedgesWalter hagen: 3 wood 5 wood 4 hybrid stiff shaft"I don't say my golf game is bad, but if I grew tomatoes they'd come up sliced."www...

The review was posted May 2005. It's now March 2009, almost 4 years later. Software on GPS units have been updated greatly since then. Hence, the 2.0 update for SkyGolf.

I guess you missed the

84 customer reviews posted within the last year. Real golfers who have uses the system. Maybe your attention span only got you as far as the date on the top of the review. I guess the seven posts your got on your own threads about GPS was enough information for you. I didn't think the amount of posts limited my ability to have discussion and criticize. You're entire year of membership obviously gives you the digression to be equally an A SS and hand out the criticism. Also, maybe refer to what the moderators talked directly to you about multiple threads with the same topics. I believe it was actually in a thread YOU STARTED that was CLOSED?!? I can't actually believe you quoted something about "Freedom of Speach" and come and attack me. http://thesandtrap.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13562 Pot calling the kettle? Get a life, friend, and move on and go start a third thread on GPS to add to your post count you bloody hypocrite. It's such a shame everyone's panties get in a bunch over a little manly ribbing. Quit taking yourselves so seriously.

I especially love the direct quote from the moderator about yourself, YogiTKE

Sorry, but my thread topic was titled "Venting a little". I realized I was acting childish and ignorant and have remedied that. Maybe you can do that yourself.

Back on topic... GPS The SkyCaddie SG4 is a great GPS at its current cost ($165 on eBay) GPS technology definitely has a place in golf. It can be made very easy to use with limited functionality or made for more advanced users to incorporate advanced functions for golf.

---"Be the ball"---

Some people like GPS and some like a rangefinder and both have their advantages and disadvantages. Find what works for you and your budget and have fun.

As for the lack of decorum in this thread, you can have a civil discussion about your opinions without the name calling.

Alan Olson

Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!
Check out our Facebook page!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Pretty sure I was called a Noob, a troll, bullshitter, an Ass and a liar, first.

You know what they say if the shoe fits..... You need to relax a bit or you'll find yourself in the penalty box. I have received more complaints about you and this thread in the past day than I really want to deal with.

Get back on topic. I have both skycaddie and a laser rangefinder. I constantly check the one with the other and 99% of the time they are right on.
Rangefinders give more more precise distance. With a GPS, do you know exactly were the person mapping out the course took the measurement from?

You think you are that good that that six feet is going to affect you. That 2 yards difference might be a problem for Tiger Woods but at an 8 handicap you don't have the skill for that to matter. Heck as a scratch I don't have the skill for that to matter.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

You know what they say if the shoe fits..... You need to relax a bit or you'll find yourself in the penalty box. I have received more complaints about you and this thread in the past day than I really want to deal with.

Have you read this thread? And I'm the one out of line?? And then you come in here and trash me as well when I've done nothing to you at all. You all talk about having civil discourse and in the same breath call me some sort of name and I'm not to defend myself??? Heck, there are posts on this thread from members that said not one thing about GPS but to come on an attack me. Get real. I'm the bad guy cause a few sensative people have nothing better to do with their time and "tell the teacher". Wow. What kind of place is this?

From 120 yards in my wedges are gold. I'd rather be withing 6 feet than 12+. I rarely use any distance device, but from my experiance, those that I know, and the majority of other posts on this topic, Rangefinders seem to have an edge. I guess cause I have an opinion I should be called names without repercustions, only to face some when I defend the comments. Grow up people.

Have you read this thread? And I'm the one out of line?? And then you come in here and trash me as well when I've done nothing to you at all. You all talk about having civil discourse and in the same breath call me some sort of name and I'm not to defend myself??? Heck, there are posts on this thread from members that said not one thing about GPS but to come on an attack me. Get real. I'm the bad guy cause a few sensative people have nothing better to do with their time and "tell the teacher". Wow. What kind of place is this?

You started this thread with a lovely post (that was already removed by another moderator) and have had attitude and been disrespectful throughout. Please you already have been hit with a ton of negative reps let it go. Last warning.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Does anyone have any experience mapping out their courses on their own using their GPS? I know my SG4 has that capability.

---"Be the ball"---

• Administrator
I especially love the direct quote from the moderator about yourself, YogiTKE

FWIW, I wasn't actually calling the guy an ignorant boob. I was simply calling him names to point out how silly his "check your feelings at the door" line was. And Yogi might have had a rough start here on the forum, but as far as I know he put that behind him and moved on to be a productive, reasonable forum member.

I can't say the same for you, and the start you're off to is quite likely at least 10x worse. Furthermore, quoting something said a year or two ago out of context does nothing to add to this discussion or to keep this discussion on-topic. I'm also aware of some incredibly rude PMs you've sent to some moderators. All told, here's my advice for you: stop. To everyone else: if you're able to get this discussion back on topic, more power to you. Ignore this Riverologist dude for awhile.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 5532 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!