IGNORED

Ideas for adding weight to putter head

Note: This thread is 5490 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've got an Odyssey XG 2-ball White Hot SRT putter. I want to add some weight to the head. If you're not familiar with the putter. It has two hollow tubes in the middle that would be ideal for adding weight. Any idea on what I can use to add the weight and the best way to secure it?

Kevin

-------
In the Bag
Driver: G15 9.0*3 & 5 Wood: BurnerHybrid: Pro Gold 20*; 23*Irons: MP-58 (5-PW)Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled 52*8; 56*14Putter: Newport 2.0 33"Balls: NXT

+1 for lead tape. Not too pretty, and not an exact science so you'll have to mess with it a little, but I had pretty good results on an old White Hot blade that was just too light for my liking.
Penta TP Ball || Nakashima Golf HTEC Tour Driver - w/ Mitsubishi Rayon Bassara 83g || Izett Golf 15* Deep Face 3-Wood - w/ Royal Precision Rifle Steel || MD 18* Hybrid - w/ Aerotech SteelFiber 110g || MP-58 3, 4 Irons... MP-60 5, 6 Irons... MP-32 7-PW - w/ Dynamic Gold || MP-T 53-08...

If you want another way to do it you can get it balance certified. It is a weight that goes in the end of your shaft under your grip, and believe it or not it gives it the added weight whereever you want it depending on your preference. You will have to experience it to understand what I mean, but it works wonders.

www.balance-certified.com
What's In The Bag?

Driver - Rapture 10.5 Epic 68g X-Pure - Balance Certified
Fairway Metal - Titleist PT 18°
Irons - Mizuno MP-67 3-PW Project X 6.0 Wedges - Mizunos R Series Chrome 52°, 56°, 58° Project X 6.0 Putter - Yes! C-Groove Callie-f - Balance Certified Bag - Ping Freestyle...

If you want another way to do it you can get it balance certified. It is a weight that goes in the end of your shaft under your grip, and believe it or not it gives it the added weight whereever you want it depending on your preference. You will have to experience it to understand what I mean, but it works wonders.

+1 for this. Had this done to my putter and it feels fantastic.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

My club fitter is going to add 70g of weight to my putter using the weight under the grip and by putting tungsten powder down the shaft and plugging with cork. The tungsten is 1.5x heavier than lead powder and it will be down at the putter head. They will also put some lead tape directly behind the hitting surface and ruin my putters looks but the heavier putter works well for me. Also to get this stuff in the shaft they have to replace my grip so I am going with a larger Winn grip.

Barry

In the Bag

Custom Built
Driver - R7 Draw 460 / Matrix Studio 84 Shaft X-Stiff
3 Wood - Kest S S.D. T-Steel / Matrix Studio 94 Shaft X-Stiff5 Wood - Kent S S.D. T-Steel / Matrix Studio 94 Shaft X-Stiff3 Hybrid - RX Low Pro / Matrix Studio 94 Shaft X-StiffIrons - 4-PW C1 Tour / Precision Rifle...

Wedges - Titlest Vokey Wedges SM5 56-14 and 52-12

After my balance certified weight in my putter it weighs over 400 Grams. It is also only 32 1/2 inches long.
What's In The Bag?

Irons - Mizuno MP-67 3-PW Project X 6.0 Wedges - Mizunos R Series Chrome 52°, 56°, 58° Project X 6.0 Putter - Yes! C-Groove Callie-f - Balance Certified Bag - Ping Freestyle...

After my balance certified weight in my putter it weighs over 400 Grams. It is also only 32 1/2 inches long.

Whoa, thats a heavy one. id definitely have trouble with distance control with that one. funny thing is, i just dumped my Yes Callie putter because I was having that exact trouble with it. and it was 355 grams. i dont know why, but the heavier the head, the harder it is for me to control my distances. fast greens and heavy putter heads just dont mix with me

Whoa, thats a heavy one. id definitely have trouble with distance control with that one. funny thing is, i just dumped my Yes Callie putter because I was having that exact trouble with it. and it was 355 grams. i dont know why, but the heavier the head, the harder it is for me to control my distances. fast greens and heavy putter heads just dont mix with me

I was having the opposite problem, the lighter the head the more out of control my stroke was. Now it just feels perfect though.
What's In The Bag?

Note: This thread is 5490 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!