IGNORED

do you remember your first?

Ryanrocksfender
Note: This thread is 5519 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

mine was at least 3 months in,,, back in sept 2007 probably...drove about 290 on a par 4 330 yd uphill,,,then with my fav club *60 lobbed up within 4 feet sank the putt. Have not birdied that hole since, but have probably made 10 birds less than 15. ..only made 1 eagle another par 4,,,250 yd drive down right of frway. *60 again !!! from 100 yds or so landed on green but never saw it sink....just found it in the cup.

PLAYED LAST SUNDAY AND HAD 4 BIRDIE attempts from green MISSED ALL OF THEM! 3 from 5 ft or less...$%%^#!!
Im on a 5 month birdie slump....

1st eagle was when i was 13 with my dad. it was a hole in 1 on a par 3...didn't play for a good 12-13 years....my 1st birdie in modern times came during my 1st season really playing 2 years ago.... par 5.... 505 slightly uphill with an elevated green..the drive left me with 225.
i thinned a 3 iron but it still went about 180 yards. (i didn't have a hybrid or 3 wood then)

hit a shot that i don't even really know what to call it...i didn't know how to pitch, hit a flop or anything like that...i just knew how to swing..
ball landed on the opposite side of the green. in the long stuff... i'm like great... i can't get this to stop...the green's sloping down... i just tried to get the ball on the green...just to give me a chance to putt..... hit the shot...it straight up hit the flag stick on the fly....dropped on the edge of the cup..then fell in...

i knew i was lucky..shot about a 129 that day...but that memory kept me coming back and wanting to get better
DJ Yoshi
Official DJ: Rutgers Football
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

Sadly, I don't remember the first one. Just too long ago.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Second round ever.

Par 3, 165 yards, water from 130 to 150.

About 4 ft from the cup, downhill putt, very fast.

Just touched it and it got there.

The funny thing is when I started playing I really cut my irons, aimed perfectly left and it cut beautifully towards the center pin.

Sad part is never made a birdie again on that hole (don't play it much though).

Blade Stand Bag
905R 11.5 R flex
Tight Lies 3 Wood
Ci7 Irons 4-GW R Flex
Vokey SM Wedges 54 / 58Classic Putter #1 34"ProV1 or U-Tri Tour or E5+

I was 52 years old and had been playing for about 5 months. 480 yd par 5. Hit a nice drive, a 3 wood and a 7 iron (yeah I know not a big hitter) to about 4 feet and then made the putt. Next hole was a 340 yard par 4 and I made an 8. Hell I still remember my first par.

Loyalty above all else, except honor.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My second year, around 1999 or 2000, probably only had 5 or 6 rounds under my belt, playing Rifle Creek GC in Colorado. 90* dogleg par 4 on the back nine. Don't remember what I hit but on my second shot I was amazed that I was on the green and then drained a breaking 20 footer for my first bird.

Barry

In the Bag

Custom Built
Driver - R7 Draw 460 / Matrix Studio 84 Shaft X-Stiff
3 Wood - Kest S S.D. T-Steel / Matrix Studio 94 Shaft X-Stiff5 Wood - Kent S S.D. T-Steel / Matrix Studio 94 Shaft X-Stiff3 Hybrid - RX Low Pro / Matrix Studio 94 Shaft X-StiffIrons - 4-PW C1 Tour / Precision Rifle...

Wedges - Titlest Vokey Wedges SM5 56-14 and 52-12

i was 9 or 10 years old, and it was a 150 yard par 3. my tee shot missed the green just a little to the right and i chipped the ball right on up into the hole. my parents were all super proud.

...i wish they would've tried to keep me on golf a bit more. i quit playing not long after that and didn't pick it up again for almost 15 years.

Yes, clearly. It was two weeks ago. Probably my 6th round I ever played.

Par 5 dogleg right. Hit my driver with a draw, which is unusual because I normally fade. Then skulled my 7 iron. Then with 125y left I put a PW within 6' from the hole and sunk the 1st putt.

Been close to a birdie at least 4 times before, so I'm glad I got that behind me.

I made a birdie in my first round of golf. I skulled a 5-iron from 100 yards through a bunker to 2 feet and made the putt. That was 10 years ago and I still remember every second. On a bad note though that hole is one of the toughest holes on that course for me now.

Whats in the bag?
Driver = Wishon Golf 949mc 9.75*/.5* Closed Face Angle
Fairway Wood = Wishon Golf 915 F/H 16* Square Face Angle
Wood Shafts = Wishon Golf Pro Flight EXP 85g Stiff Flex
Hybrids = Wishon Golf 331H 21* & 24*Hybrid Shafts = Wishon Golf GI335 Tour Weight 92g Stiff FlexIrons = Wishon...

I had an eagle long before I had a birdie in my first season playing. As a 44 handicap on one of our par 5's, I accidentally hit a tee shot and hybrid in the fairway. I followed those miracles up with a chip-in on my way to blowing away the skins competition with a net 1 on the hole.

In my bag:

Driver: 907d2
Fairway: R7 ti 5-Wood
Hybrids: 909H 21 Rescue 4Irons: KZG Forged Evolution 5 - PW w/Rifle 6.0 shaftWedges: 52 Rac & Vokey 58Putter: Studio Select 2Ball: Titleist ProV1xEyes: SG5

Can't remember my birdies or eagles but now a hole in one is something to remember..Which I have not had yet.

MP-57 3-PW
907 D1
CG-12 *56
Vokey sm *60
Tight Lies 3 woodSeeMore MFGP putter

I think it took a couple months. All I remember was hitting good first and second shots, and then skulling my pitch, but I got lucky and it stayed around the green. I made my fringe-putt for a bird.

Note: This thread is 5519 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!