IGNORED

Eyeglass wearers....do you wear 'em while golfing?

Note: This thread is 5540 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Timely subject. I'm in my 50's. Until 1998 I played with contacts. Then I paid $4,000 for Lasik surgery (I know it's cheaper now). I was told the fix was permanent. This week I had to get glasses(what is permanent anyway?). I ordered Transition lenses. We'll see...no pun intended.

I have been wearing glasses since I was 5. Recently, I have added progressive bifocals. No real issues for wearing and playing. Good glasses should fit tight and snug. I have played just about every sport except swimming with them on and no real issues. Head motion during the swing is not that violent to cause you problems.

As a benefit, the shield your eyes from wind and dust.

The only serious issue is rain. I used to run a lot in all weather conditions. Light rain was never an issue. And even heavy rain was not that difficult. With golfing, I am wearing a hat with a brim, so my glasses seldom get wet.
Michael Krolewski

In the Bag Boy Revolver Pro on a Clicgear 2.0 cart:
Acer Mantara XL Driver 10.5
Acer Mantara S.S 3 Wood; 3DX DC 15* Hybrid (3w/1h); 3DX DC 17* Hybrid (4w/2h); Acer XP905 Ti Hollow Core WS 4-9i; cg14 48* 2dot; cg14 54* 1dot; cg14 60* 1dot

I've heard the Lasik surgery does require "tune-ups" every couple of years.

Contacts may be the way I go...not just for golf....in the next year or so.

I've yet to even find a pair of sunglasses that I can wear on the course. By the end of April down here they tend to be soaked before I even leave the practice tee.

I'm willing to give it another shot, though....maybe actually sit down in a decent store and let them fit me (sunglasses) for the right contour for my face vs. just ordering them out of a catalog or grabbing them off a shelf.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

I have severe astigmatism and wear bifocals. I've tried golfing without my glasses but can't hit the ball. I've also tried contacts but even the Accuvue Advance for Astigmatism lenses don't work that well for me. I don't seem to have much trouble golfing with glasses but my teacher pointed out a problem that I guess I'll just have to live with for now. That is, with bifocals I have to tilt my head downward at address so that I'm not looking at the ball through my bifocals. It creates a slight problem with my posture. If I hold my head straight so that my neck is in line with my spine I have to look through the bifocals, which blurs my view of the ball. If I tilt my head downward I make consistent solid contact but I think it might cost me a little distance. Looks like my only option is Lasik. I'm saving up my nickels and dimes as we speak.

In the Bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher Ultralight XL 270

FW: Taylor Made 300 17 degree 
3-PW: Mizuno MX-23

AW: Mizuno TP-T11 52/07 (Bent to 50)
SW: Mizuno TP-T11 56/10

LW: Mizuno TP-T11 60/05

Putter: Original Ping Zing

Ball: Wilson Staff FG Tour

I usually put in my contact lenses when I play golf. If I have to wear my glasses...I have a clip on polarized sunglasses to help with the glare.

I always wear sunglasses while playing. I wear contacts and the glare of the sun is just too much for my sensitive eyes.

I have some Smith Sliders that allow you to easily change lenses based on the light conditions. I have some Polarized lenses, Amber and Yellow. When it is dusk and the light levels are going down, I pop in the Yellow lenses and everything gets bright again. I love them.
Je joue au golf, et j'aime ca.
-------------------------------------
Nike SasQuatch Sumo2
HaLo 2i & 3i
3100 I/H 5-GW588 Gunmetal 53/56/60White Hot XG #2Vector BagProV1x

I wear Adidas Optical 6064's. I was only going to wear them for golf specifically, but they are so comfortable I wear them all the time. Extremely lightweight, only have top rim/frame, and the ear pieces are ribbed so they don't slip off when you start to sweat. I never wipe them down while golfing, and they work great. These particular ones I wear are equipped with Transition Lenses so they darken when I am outside. My wife makes fun of me sometimes, but I don't care, they work great. Occasionally, I'll wear contacts, but after a day golfing, they strain my eyes, that's why I opted for a pair f sport specific glasses.

In My Bag:
Driver: R9 TP 9.5°
Hybrids: Idea Pro, 16°, 20°, VS Proto
Irons: TP MB 4-P
Wedges: Vokey SM 50.08 54°, 60°Putter: NP2

I have been wearing glasses for the last few years and i wear them when I play as well and they dont bother me. If anything they help because i can see better. I would like to get lasik or maybe contacts but i would prefer to not do the contacts thing.

Whats in the my bag,

taylormade.gifR9 TP taylormade.gifSuperfast 3 wood Rescue 19*  712 MB (3-P KBS T shaft)  

SM4 52*,54*,60*   Pickemup 42" Belly Putter  titleist.gifPro V1x  adidas.gif 360 footwear

I always wear my eyeglasses on the course (and anywhere else actually). I'd never see the ball without them.
My achievements:
Eagles: 0
Birdies: 18
Best Round: 89

I always wear my contacts on the course, much less hassle than glasses, especially given the humidity down here.

What's in the bag
Big sticks Ping Rapture V2 9° Fusion FT-3 3-Wood, 3,4 Hybrid

Irons Ping I10 5-GW
Wedges Cleveland RTX 54° Spin Milled Vokey 60°Putter Redwood Anser Titleist NXT Tour 1500 rangefinder

I wear sunglasses (Oakleys). Cuts down glare, blocks UV rays which are not good for the eyes.
Driver: G15 12*    /     FW: Exotics CB1 4-wood,   a4OS 5-wood
Hybrids Hi-bore 3,4-hybrids  /   Irons: G10 5-UW TFC 129i
Wedge Vokey SM 56*   /   Putter: Karsten Anser 

Note: This thread is 5540 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!